Parent reviews for Tyrell

Graphic portrayal of homelessness; best for older teens.

Adult Written byFliptop September 25, 2010

Fliptop's Review of Tyrell...

When I read the first sentence of this book, it intrigued me to continue. This book I believe is very educational, because it talks about a differernt culture, and real life ituations. Sure the drugs and messages and role models are not appropriate or children under 15, but if you are a muture, intelligent human being, this book is worth the try...!

Parent of a 15-year-old Written byZelda Chandler June 21, 2010
To be truthful - this book bored me. There was lots of swearing, references to drug and alcohol use, and criminal activities.
The story line was - to me - kind of slow moving and the characters were realistic but, not part of my reality.
I read it as a required part of a graduate class I'm taking.
Adult Written bysarahlu78 April 9, 2008
This is a very well-read book that tackles some serious social issues. The main character is realistic--he makes mistakes--but ultimately makes good choices.
Parent of a 13-year-old Written bymg33 September 22, 2010

this book is good for kids 13+

this book is awesome. it has alot of curse words and sexual things but it does teach you a lesson and its really good for teens to read it because it teaches them how to be grateful for what they have and for the parents they have. and theyre lucky that theyre not in tyrells situation.

Adult Written bylovetoreadbooks June 20, 2010

perfect for teens and up

It shows people what Tyrell has to go through in life. Many other people are like tyrell no-a-days. So what if it has bad words, violence, or sexual things in it. That's how the real world is, and people need to know that. They need to be strong enough to face it. Most kids are like Tyrell in many ways. for example, most kids are having sex, all kids are cursing, some are doing drugs or alcohol, and most kids are getting into fights or arguements. it's the truth and we need to face it and try to help them. all im saying is, this book is real and it's not one of those fairy-tale stories that are blinding people. chances are, if you think your child isn't already open with you about this kind of stuff, than their probably doing it. talk about it with your teen and ask your teen to explain if she/he agrees with the decisions Tyrell makes.

Parent of a 15-year-old Written by812moongirl26 February 22, 2010
This book is full of disrespect for others and garbage.

Adult Written byshamaya535 December 15, 2008

i like the book imma read it over again untill i lose the book or something happen to it

Adult Written bymylove3456 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byunoeiluv April 9, 2008

From the best, for the best!

This book was a very great book, it will get kids to think about how life is in NY and any other big cities with no, or very few money. It's a great book and Coe Booth had done a very great job writing it.