Kid reviews for UnWholly: Unwind Dystology, Book 2

Middle volume of organ transplant trilogy extends suspense.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 13 years old Written byA_Little_Bit_Darker March 25, 2015

It IS a sequel

(SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE. THIS REVIEW IS INTENDED FOR PARENTS WHO DO NOT PLAN TO READ THE BOOK, AND ARE REVIEWING IT FOR THEIR CHILDREN) First of all, you absolutely MUST read the first book, and remember most of it, BEFORE reading this book. Now that that's out of the way, onto the review. This book gives us the question not answered in Unwind. The WHY. And the whole big reason is TEENAGE REBELLION, and justified teenage rebellion at that. The public school system is shut down. Kids are out of school, out of jobs, and on the streets. They petition, they ask, they try to find away to fix this, but they are ignored. They're teenagers, they get angry, they lash out. But the anger doesn't die, it just keep building. Clappers are born. Depressed, suicidal teenagers are angry, and get determined to take as much of the world with them as they can when they die. They alter their blood composition to make it explosive. They blow up. The world is in chaos. War breaks out. People want to kill these teens, who cannot be controlled. Others say life is precious. And the Heartland war ensues. Everyone wins. Everyone looses. The Unwind accord is made and everyone is happy, except the teenagers, the people who started the problem in the first place.

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written byIzzyFizz August 22, 2015

GREAT SERIES!

I read Unwind as a LA project in 7th grade and loved it. I quickly learned that there were sequels, so I checked them out and read them all in a single weekend. Unwholly was a great part of the series, introducing many new and interesting characters. Many things from the previous book were used as plot points, and there were many interesting conflicts. Not for somebody who isn't okay with lots of violence and unsettling and creepy imagery/topics. Even though I'm 13, I tend to enjoy things made for older people, and I'm sure there are plenty of people my age who would NOT be okay with this book, but it is great for teens. There are many characters that continuously grow throughout the series, and looking back to the beginning of the first book, you can see how much Connor especially has grown. Lev and Risa are becoming more and more developed, and we see old characters like Hayden, the Admiral, and all kinds of others. This book really expanded upon the world.