Kid reviews for Wait for Me

Sweet World War II romance between Scot girl and German POW.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Kid, 12 years old March 8, 2018

Wait for Me is a great book! Brings tragidy, romance, and excitment real.

Wait for Me does contain one part where a man attempts Sexual Abuse to the main girl, but is not very descriptive. Romance goes as far as passionate kissing, but also not very descriptive. It can put bad impressions on children to young, but also can strengthen a child's soul with courage. Very good book!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byMaster_Dia December 9, 2020

This is a very touching book, would definitely buy it and recommend it to everyone I know

Okay, first off, this isn't one those books where a gorgeous German prisoner arrives at the MC's house for work and then is rude because he's been through a lot or whatever. One thing I really like about this book is that the male MC's face is half scarred by a burn. This makes the book SO much more realistic cause I initially expected a tired looking Cole Sprouse to be the male lead.

Iris is another strong character. She is the MC's BFF, but afer Iris starts dating William, she and Lorna (the main character) grow apart because William doesn't want Iris being around Paul (the German prisoner). Since Paul and Lorna are gradually friends (and then much more), Iris can't exactly be near Lorna without William admonishing her over it. She did a lot of things that made me hate her sometimes, but in the end I was back in the 'I'm-only-hating-you-an-87%' category.

John Jo (Lorna's older brother who serves in the war) was a minor character - he probably lasted for like 20 pgs or less - before he had to join the war again. But throughout the pages where he WAS present, he didn't strike a good impression on me. He's funny, cheery, a very Fred Weasley kind of guy - the kind of person who can make you smile even if he's talking about overdue math homework. But I'm just going to chalk up his bad behavior with Paul to his drinking at the time and PTSD.

The romance was really well developed. The kisses are very nice and make ME blush and want for a Paul myself. There's this one part where this American pilot tries to forcefully kiss Lorna during a dance, but she manages to push him away.

Beer and whiskey is mentioned and the character's dad drinks it quite often - mostly in the pages during the celebration and when he meets his sons back from war. One of the characters gets pregnant with her boyfriend before she's married, but finds out that her boyfriend (an American pilot) already has a wife in Tennessee, USA, which is really sad 'cause she did love him :(

Overall, I really REALLY liked this book. The cover is also soooo swoon-worthy! This cover has GOT to be one of my FAVORITES! EVER!!!

Teen, 16 years old Written byElli1 November 4, 2018

Worth a Read!

If you are into historical fiction, specifically history during World War 2, this is a fantastic book! It does contain a brief scene which includes sexual assault. Thought the book there is talk of passionate kissing and alcohol but not into unnecessary depth. This is a book guaranteed you won't be putting down after you start to read! Enjoy!

Teen, 14 years old Written byAbigail18817 October 4, 2018

Wait for me

I could not finish this book. The content is just not okay for young children or older ones for that matter!

Teen, 13 years old Written bylizzzzywest March 26, 2018

Great Book!

This was a great book! I absolutely loved it! I had to read a fictional World War II book for English and I came across this book. It's one of my favorite books now and I would recommend it to anyone who loves a good romance book. I could relate to the characters a lot, and I can't wait to read it again!