All parent member reviews for Warriors series

Parent of a 3 year old Written byNK17 July 2, 2013

Never gets old great series but VERY violent

This is one of my favorite series ever, but it is one of the most disturbing kids series ever and maybe is the most disturbing-- Sex & Nudity 2/10 some minor sexual arguments as well as some secret relationships, but nothing too bad one graphic scene where it describes a mother dying giving birth-- Violence & Gore 7/10 warriors is very violent and disturbing (SPOILERS) many characters die, Firestar, one of the most beloved characters die in the last book, in one book, several cats die burned when the forest sets on fire, scourge mauls a villain alive, this is very disturbing, a mother gives birth to kits and dies bloodily, a mother accidentally cannibalizes her kits, in the final book many cats die-- Profanity 1/10 very mild, some animal themed insults-- Alcohol/Drug Use 1/10 uses of catnip-- Frightening/Intense Images 8/10 this series is very emotional, violent and unsettling even though it is my fav series ever... The most disturbing books to me are Forest of Secrets, The Darkest Hour and A Dangerous Path-- this is my fav series because it is fun, emotional and takes risks, 8 and up but maybe for some 10 and up, due to all the thematic elements, there is also some sexual content but nothing too bad
Educator and Parent Written bybravewarrior43 February 6, 2013

Long time read

I started reading this series a while ago and enjoyed it.
Parent Written byChoose Movement February 20, 2013

Warriors

Really good book more like 50 stars
Educator Written bytoody February 6, 2013

Newby to these books!!

i never heard of this series or the individual books. I am a high school librarian. It is always harder to find books for boys. I did look at the trailer. Looks interesting!!
Adult Written byFlufballs January 7, 2015

Amazing

Hello readers, You may think that warriors is a gory book with all sorts of guts and blood, but once you get into it it's about cats trying to survive and I thing it is appropriate for a 7+ child! The good thing about this book is that it is for children and teenagers, and meaning they will not grow out of it. Written by crystal collinge y6
Adult Written byTDSplays August 9, 2015

Ok for Tweens

I read this book a few years back, and I reread it a few days ago. Now, when I was younger, I loved these books, but when I read it again, I don't understand how I could've liked these books! They're slow, and frankly a bit disappointing for people expecting an action-packed adventure. I think the authors had a good idea in their minds, but it just was a flop. I mean, rogue cats with nine lives living in different "clans" in different parts of the woods? Seriously? There are some good role models, but cats go against clan rules and have kittens with other cats from different clans. There is some violence, in fact, (SPOILER ALERT!!!) one of the main characters dies at the end of the FIFTH book. Cat lovers might not be able to handle that, being there's much more.
Adult Written byKcslovesnutella June 7, 2015

Love it!

It is such a great series! Nice role models, interesting plotline, and a great book whatsoever! They have battles with blood, some dying, but i dont think its too harsh. I am a 10 year old girl, and i think its a fantastic novel series!
Parent Written byXxConcernedParentXx January 24, 2015

I love these books

Great Books, now cats do have mates in these books and I know "Sharing Tounges" Does sound wrong But its them GROOMING each other which most cats that dont hate each other do. I learned things from these books It turns out Thyme does calm you down! Ok they fight but its called WARRIOR CATS Yes people die yes they get wounded. Silverstream died a horrible death but there was a backstory I reccomend waiting till about 10 years old im 13 and still read them. Secret romances there is nothing wrong with that besides them being disloyal but come on ITS A BOOK
Adult Written byshawnv December 23, 2014