Parent reviews for Warriors Series

Cat clans mirror human issues in popular series.

Parent Written byChoose Movement February 20, 2013

Warriors

Really good book more like 50 stars

Adult Written bybravewarrior43 February 6, 2013

Long time read

I started reading this series a while ago and enjoyed it.

Adult Written byTyler A. October 5, 2016

THIS BOOK IS DA BEST

THIS BOOK IS SO GOOD NAD U NEVER GET BORED THERE ARE SEVENTY EIGHT BOOKS EVEYRONE PLZ READ LET IT BE THE NEXT HARRY POTTER IT IS STILL BEING WRITTEN STARTED IN 2003 PLZ READ GOOD BOOK MUCH WOW this book is pepe approved

Adult Written byFlufballs January 7, 2015

Amazing

Hello readers, You may think that warriors is a gory book with all sorts of guts and blood, but once you get into it it's about cats trying to survive and I thing it is appropriate for a 7+ child! The good thing about this book is that it is for children and teenagers, and meaning they will not grow out of it. Written by crystal collinge y6

Adult Written byKcslovesnutella June 7, 2015

Love it!

It is such a great series! Nice role models, interesting plotline, and a great book whatsoever! They have battles with blood, some dying, but i dont think its too harsh. I am a 10 year old girl, and i think its a fantastic novel series!

Parent Written byTara B. November 22, 2017

Spurs discussion about the current political climate and social norms

When my son turned 7 we realized that the bedtime books that we were reading to him were short and not very sophisticated. We decided to get into chapter books. I was at a bookstore in Los Angeles when I saw the Warriors books on display. My son and I were both attracted to the cover because it had a cat on it and we were sold. We are both huge cat lovers. We were so excited to start the book but about a few pages in there was a battle and a cat was hurt and my son started to sob. He was really upset that a cat was hurt. I felt like I really messed up because I didn't screen the book and I didn't know he would have this kind of reaction. We had a conversation about outdoor cats and territories and fighting. We watched a documentary about cat behavior. I also read ahead to see what the story was like and read him a couple of passages that didn't include any fighting. Ever since he has been hooked. The battle scenes and even death scenes don't bother him although I have shed some tears when clan members have passed and also when some have risen the ranks. :) We have really in-depth conversations about society and social structure and try and predict what will happen next. Unprompted my son even compared the current president to TigerStar :) We are just finishing up the final book of the first series and my son can't wait for The New Prophecy. He also found the Warriors app for his iPad and is looking at the maps and read the warrior code. It's a wonderful series and we hope they make a movie or even a TV series.

Parent Written byXxConcernedParentXx January 24, 2015

I love these books

Great Books, now cats do have mates in these books and I know "Sharing Tounges" Does sound wrong But its them GROOMING each other which most cats that dont hate each other do. I learned things from these books It turns out Thyme does calm you down! Ok they fight but its called WARRIOR CATS Yes people die yes they get wounded. Silverstream died a horrible death but there was a backstory I reccomend waiting till about 10 years old im 13 and still read them. Secret romances there is nothing wrong with that besides them being disloyal but come on ITS A BOOK

Adult Written bytoody February 6, 2013

Newby to these books!!

i never heard of this series or the individual books. I am a high school librarian. It is always harder to find books for boys. I did look at the trailer. Looks interesting!!

Adult Written byPitbull Lover . May 7, 2017

Great Book Series, but can be quite violent.

Warriors is a very enthralling book series that, once you start reading, you won't be able to stop! It stars with a "Kittypet" (The term used to describe cats living with humans) named Rusty who ventures past his fence and into the wild (Hence the title of the first book). From there, so much more happens that will leave you eager for more. But, some of the events are very violent. Just because there are cats does not mean the series is a childish one. In each battle, at least one cat is left with a bloody wound, and most include cat death as well. Cats have lost their lives to... infected rat bites, bulldozers, getting run over by cars, being drowned, blood loss while giving birth, vicious battles, being crushed by trees, etc. Oh, and you better believe that fictional cat death can be tearjerking at the least. There is also a fair bit of romance and forbidden love (no mating content, though). In the latest series, there is some abusive themes too; a rogue cat named Darktail drowned a cat's only friend as punishment to them for trying to leave his cruel band of cats. There is also a bit of religion; StarClan is like cat Heaven and the Dark Forest is cat Hell. Some cats believe, some don't. There is no swearing, but I assume the words the cat used are akin to our curses - in Mapleshade's Vengeance when she said, "... they're Mouse-Brained, Bat-Blind and Fox-Hearted!" her kitten replied by saying, "Those are bad words! You're not supposed to say them!" So that's about it; Warriors is a great book, but by no means for little kids.

Adult Written byJill B. September 26, 2016

Distrubing

I would not let me children read this. Too violent.

Adult Written byJames B. June 18, 2017

This is Trash!

If you want a book to read, do not read this
Adult Written bybeaniebooisland August 9, 2016

The Best!

This is the best book series ever! Also TDSplays you are wrong
Adult Written bySinead B. April 3, 2018

My Opinion On Warrior Cats

I'm 18 years old, I started reading this in grade 5/6 I've loved it since then & can't wait to keep reading it. I also get the feeling when I read the books I'm diving into the world of the clan cats, & that I'm a warrior it's self I'm a thunderclan she-cat all the way. I think in my past life I was a cat, considering how much my friends laugh at my obsession of it but they have there interests I have mine & I'm cool with it. Despite all the blood, violence, betrayal in this series I can see where all the characters are coming from. 90% of the villian's in the series had a terrible childhood that forced them to the see the world in a certain way, why should they feel sorry for there enemies if they didn't care about them. Even though it's wrong of them I feel sorry for them unless they hurt someone I care about in the series, like Firestar, Hollyleaf, Spottedleaf & Jayfeather the last one is still around but hes dealing with disowenment, distrust (from other clans) & the fact others are judging bc hes blind. know wander hes grumpy all the time. (jayfeatherXhalfmoon all the way).. Thumbs up if you guys agree. :)
Adult Written byHailey G. October 19, 2017

Good for Tweens, Less interesting as you get Older.

I started reading the warrior cat series when i was in 4th grade, so I was about 10 years old and I absolutely loved these books! I would read for hours on end, because they have engaging, relatable characters and plot was exciting (battles, secrets, different roles and clans, etc) but after rereading them at 18 years old now, I realize that many of the characters are somewhat cheesy and Mary Sue, especially the names of the main characters, (Hawkfrost?, Firestar, Bluestar) and it is a slow paced, plus the plot is frustrating at times. I also can't get over the fact that cats can communicate just like humans and are organized like humans? I would recommend to the younger crowd, to get into reading and those who have a huge imagination but for me now, the books are a somewhat lame read.

Adult Written byLola B. October 26, 2017

Excellent

I think the series are under-rated. It is truly interesting, engaging, and fun. There is a lot of action that happens in the books but I feel it is a good way for kids to learn how to manage in a violent or aggressive situation. The series teaches a lot about honesty, courage, and what is doing right, plus so much more. I recommend this series to any child. The books were really interesting, fun, and quick to read.

Adult Written byScarlett L. May 18, 2018

Amazing!

This is a book for kids around 7+, as it does contain scenes of violence and death, with a lot of drama and theatrical components, but the story lines are very well written and planned. It's no surprise that these books are so popular! You can really connect with the characters and be placed into their world, and you can really get intrigued and actually learn a lot about social life and learn a few life lessons while reading. Cats are relatable, and you really do get attached to many of them. Would not recommend for younger children, as it does contain scenes of violence with cats fighting and killing one another, but definitely suitable for kids and young adults! (I would even recommend some adults to read it)

Adult Written bylorliy September 3, 2018

Awesome and great books!

I think it's a great book series, but not for kids under 8. This is because it has some blood, and death, but not in great detail or anything. There is no swearing, and they have the cat version for heaven and hell. Over all 5 stars!

Adult Written byArtemis N. April 30, 2018

An Amazing Series

I first started reading the Warriors Series when I was in elementary school, it was probably the book that really got me into reading. There is violence, but the violence is tame compared to what many kids are already watching or reading (from comics, video games and movies). The story telling, while simple at times, is still compelling, you get attached to characters and their plights, and the way that the cats society mirrors human society can offer talking points to educate your kids. Even more, it's a great series to help get your kids into reading more.

Parent Written byKesa F. February 5, 2018

Wonderful, engaging series!

My child is a storyteller, and loves imaginative play. She also loves animals and this series was right up her alley. The Clans are very close-knit like families, and they sometimes get along with one another and they sometimes don't, like real families. The cats live in the 'wild' with defined territories so have to defend that territory against others trying to attack them or steal their pray. Alliances come and go. Some cats have not so great intentions and others are heroes. I think it adds an element of edge because it's also a story about survival, friendship, family and perserverence in the face of loss and celebrating the good things in life. It does have quite a bit of animal violence. If your child is sensitive to violence and/or animal violence, you may want to only try out a couple of books before you buy the entire series. I recommend this for a mature 8 year old, but average 10 and up.

Adult Written byjustoffgreenwic... December 31, 2017

#AWESOME SO READ IT

dont listen to the people who say its bad I was 8 when I started reading it and I 9 now waiting for the next book so it takes some time to read. it may describe some parts a little to much (part with cats throat being ripped out...) for yunger kids but still ead it no matter what