All parent member reviews for Will Grayson, Will Grayson

Adult Written byFreet December 21, 2010

Excellent choice

Yet another excellent story by the superb author, John Green. This was the first one I read by this author and, while this isn't my favorite by him, (thought the ending wrapped up a little too neatly too fast) it was still a quite excellent read. I love this guy.
Adult Written byhamstergurl09 August 18, 2012

Good

This is a good read. The plot of the story (or stories, really) is interesting and kept me engaged as a reader. The two Wills, John Green's Will Grayson and David Levithan's will grayson, were both unique and likeable in their own way. A lot of readers didn't like will grayson (the David Levithan one), but I did like that character. I thought he seemed genuine. Will Grayson (the John Green one) was funny and confused about things in a relatable way. Tiny Cooper tends to steal the show in this book, but the other characters are great, too. Some people don't like the swearing and sexual references in this book, but I thought the language and topics discussed seemed pretty typical of average high school students. I just wanted to point out to CSM user coolkid394 that "clavicle" is another word for "collarbone," and is not a sex term (because in coolkid394's review they mentioned "calvicle" as an allegedly inappropriate term in the book). There was a relationship that happened in the book (not gonna spoil it) that I didn't really like because I thought it seemed kind of fake. Overall, I liked this book. I'd recommend it.
Parent Written byhungryparent November 30, 2010

iffy

Its a little disturbing
Educator and Parent Written byOlivia Leone June 26, 2014

not his best work

I read this book because it was on a reading list in a group my daughter joined at the library. She is 11 and after I read it, she was not allowed to do so. Not appropriate. I didn't love this book, both the way it is written and the story didn't really build to the great changes that were supposed to occur after the two Wills meet. Definitely too profane for tweens and younger teens as well as discussion of masturbation and oral sex. More mature readers only.
Educator Written byRobinSo February 5, 2011

Know your audience librarians

I listened to the audio and found it confusing at times. It wasn't always clear who was talking. I believe the premise is great for conversations in a book club setting and for reading on one's own. Much seemed like typical teen trials and tribulations. There words that I really didn't want to hear in an audio, but in print I would have jumped over them.
Adult Written bypopp October 25, 2010