Parent reviews for Wintersmith: Tiffany Aching Adventures, Book 3

Wintersmith: Tiffany Aching Adventures, Book 3 Poster Image

not rated for age

I love these books!!

I adore the Tiffany Aching books. They are fantasy, yes, but they demnostrate real and valuable life lessons. Things like doing what needs to be done, not letting down the people who count on you, understanding that life is unfair sometimes, but you still need to do your work. My daughters didn't love these books - I think they were a little too young when we first read them. But now that they are a little older, I want these books in my library. Things don't resolve neatly, things can be unfair, and hard, and that is just the way it is. And still, there is a reasonably happy ending. I just love these books for adolescent girls.
not rated for age

An imaginative and entertaining tale for kids and adults alike

I haven't read a bad Terry Pratchett novel yet and as a huge fan of the Discworld series I wondered whether his books aimed at a younger would still entertain me. I'm happy to say that the same energetic and lighthearted storytelling is present in this book. The book tells the adventure of Tiffany Aching, a witch in training who accidentally gains the affection of none other than The Wintersmith himself and whilst fighting off the demi-God's ill attempts at romance must also cope with the local community who rely on witches to solve their everyday troubles. Full of colourful characters (some of which Discworld fans may find familiar) and absorbing dialogue,this book should prove very entertaining for tweens and any fan of fantasy.