All teen and kid member reviews for Wither: The Chemical Garden Trilogy, Book 1

Teen, 17 years old Written byCallMeJenTheVamp September 13, 2011

Wither Review

The best book I've read in along time.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysarahzazzle January 4, 2012

One of the best books I have read

Great book that has me urning for a second novel!
Teen, 13 years old Written byRockyBalboa June 28, 2012

Pretty Good

It was okay, but I wasn't as wowed as I thought I would be. Not much character development.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjeswsie819 December 20, 2011

satisfied my Hunger Games craving

This book is amazing!!! The writing style is very similar to The Hunger Games which is probably why I like it!
Teen, 16 years old Written byNIXY January 27, 2012

LOVE IT!

I think it is one of the best books i have ever read! ah! just LOVE it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byangelabovedemonbelow January 10, 2012

Amazing book but only for more mature teens

I hate it when I pick up a book, and while reviews call it 'dark haunting' when in reality, the book is simply a bit higher on the education level. Wither isn't one of those books. The world created in the book is really three-dimensional, and sometimes, you feel 'this could actually happen'. The writing style itself is very good, and the book really makes the reader think. Most if not all the characters in the book are well developed, especially for a first person novel. Rhine is an amazing role model because despite her situation, she won't give up on her goal of escape. The book is dark, and it can be scary for younger people. A teen reader also might not get the most they can out of the book unless they're more mature with a better understanding of the 'real' world. The sexuality in the book is slightly concerning- a 13 year old gets knocked up and is excited about it- but it is understandable considering the world the book takes place. Overall, this book is amazing and a must read.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMysterious_ballerina July 25, 2011

Wow! Just Wow

I read this book in one night and it's about 350 pages, the book is amazing but it's definitely not for children or preteens. The book is about a 16 year old girl, Rhine, who gets kidnapped and forced to marry this man Linden. Rhine is strong-willed and just wants to escape. The language used isn't that bad a few curses but nothing horrible. There is a lot of drinking at parties and at one Rhine and Linden get a little drunk. Nothing awkward is described but one of the wives (who's 13) gets pregnant and the other wife is trying, the main character Rhine doesn't though. There is a few gross scenes one where a girl dies and another is when the 13 year old gives birth. Make sure your at least 14 or mature to read this book, it's very very good and the story WILL suck you in. I recommend it! :)