Kid reviews for Wonder

Moving tale of facially different boy with inner beauty.

Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2017

Wonder is a really awesome book!!!!!!!!!

When I saw that Wonder was coming out as a movie I knew I had to read the book. Wonder is about Auggie Pullman a ten year old with a very different face. He has been homeschooled for 5 years. I homeschool so I felt connected to him. He is starting his first year of middle school at Beecher Prep. Auggie meets a boy named Julian who isn't really nice to him, a boy named Jack that becomes his new best friend, Charlotte a girl who says hello to him in the halls and Summer a nice girl who becomes friends with him.
Read this AWESOME book and experience Auggie's ups and downs of middle school!

Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2012

"Don't Judge a Book by it's Cover"

Dear Viewer,
I was introduced to Wonder through school. It was a required reading book and I thought it might be hard to get into, but I was wrong. Wonder by RJ Palacio was astonishing! I think the book was for grades fifth-eighth grade, and adults would like it. I think fifth and sixth graders would especially like it because it is about a boy named August, who has just started middle school and is facing many struggles. August has a “deformed” face, at least that’s how most people see it, but under that face is a very kind person. I think adults, 7th, and 8th grade will like it because it touches the heart. There are many parts where August has struggles and he barely makes it through them. I think it is too old for kids who are younger than fifth grade, and a high school or college student might have trouble getting into the book. Wonder was great writing. I liked how the author gave each character their own section. In the section they would give you their opinion and an inside look on the situation. I think it was nice that the book characters all evolved around August. August changed the way they saw and judged people throughout the book. This book can teach many different lessons. The one that stood out to me was not to judge by the way someone looked but by the inner character of that person. Like Martin Luther King, Jr. once said, “I hope that one day my four little children will be judged, not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character”. This book is a very detailed reminder of this statement.

Kid, 12 years old October 11, 2014

TOUCHES YOUR HEART

The book reaches towards your heart. You should never judge a book by it's cover, like you should NOT judge August Pullman by his 'beautiful' face. He is unique and a kind-hearted 10-year-old boy starting middle-school for the first time. I feel it is an amazing book and you should definitely pick it up and read it. With it's short and snappy chapters, you'll never want to put the book down!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCoolpool785 May 28, 2017

Best novel I've read.

Must read book comes with strong and powerful messages and role models. People can learn to look for the good in people.

Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2016

A Modern Classic

This book is one of my favorite books, ever. There isn't at all that bad in terms of content. I rate it 10+ because you need to be older to truly understand it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLilz the pawz March 29, 2015

EVERY KID SHOULD READ THIS

Wonder has great messages about beauty friendship and not fitting in. Lots of kids can relate to this

Kid, 12 years old February 9, 2014

FABULOUS BOOK!!

Oh. My. Gosh. This is absolutely THE MOST touching book I've ever read. Auggie and other characters learn to face bullies, friend loss, and so much other stuff (I don't want to give the book away!). One part is hard to read, because it's all lowercase letters, but it doesn't take away from the book's power. I want to become an author some day, and I want to write books like this!

Teen, 14 years old Written byI'm a teen. March 16, 2016

I could not put this book down.

I love it, it has a very inspirational protagonist and I just could not. I love it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHermione Granger October 25, 2014

Great Book

I loved this book and have read it like 5 times. It made me laugh and cry (just a bit :)

Kid, 10 years old March 6, 2014

Journey to Reality

Sometimes we forget how lucky we are. We need to once in a while get a refresher. This book really does that. Auggie or August, a disabled kid, is going to school for the first time! Join Auggie, his friends, and his sister on this epic journey. You'll be on the edge of your seats.

Kid, 12 years old October 15, 2013

In Love with Wonder

LOVE THIS BOOK!!!! So inspirational!! Just Love

Teen, 15 years old Written bysheiser September 30, 2013

Great Anti-Bullying Book

A heartwarming story! I loved it and it send positive messages!

Kid, 9 years old July 25, 2013

Beautiful Message

It's an emotional story sending a beautiful message that beauty runs skin deep. I'm in the middle of reading the book, but the emotions and the different perspectives are what makes this story such a masterpiece.

Teen, 14 years old Written byDogcat June 15, 2020

I HATE this book!

My grandma read this book to me. And it was AWFUL! Though the message is for kids NOT to bully others that is what they are going to do after, especially those who are different. It’s a shame schools are reading this to their students. Now I’ve seen the movie twice at school, but the book is WORSE!

Teen, 13 years old Written byPolly_The_Potato May 31, 2020

Fun

I think that this book was really fun to read. It had some violence in it and bullying but at the end, it came out nicely. And everybody was sorta happy :).

Kid, 9 years old March 11, 2014

Good Role Model

August is a good role model!

Kid, 10 years old September 8, 2013

Wonderous

great book

Kid, 10 years old January 13, 2013

BEST. BOOK. EVER.

MY FAV BOOK OF THE YEAR!!!! BEST BOOK EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cried, I laughed, I smiled.
I would recommend this to anyone age 9 and up.

Kid, 8 years old December 8, 2021

The best and emotional book I ever read

If your kid is seven and up watch the movies or let them read the book it is so good but a little emotional at the end.

Teen, 13 years old Written byfunny_reader December 7, 2021

Very good book to read

i think wonder is a great book i watched the movie and read the book very good the book tells you more so read the book first than the movie:)