Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown

Take to the skies in challenging, fun aerial combat game.

Based on 1 review

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Written byAnonymous January 23, 2019

Had to ask for a refund

There is a lot of swearing and naming of Jesus's ame in vain (as another swear word). I waited for a year to buy it for my kids and sadly we had to take return it after discovering that "coarse lanhuage" meant blaspheming as well.

Adult Written byOsMrp February 22, 2019

Weak plot, great gameplay

Game is pretty difficult, but extremely rewarding to play. Despite some...inaccuracies (*cough* having over a 100 missles on a plane *cough*), there are many great mechanics keeping the game fresh to the end. Clouds mess with missle tracking and ice your plane, wind can throw you way off course, at one point IFF system changes, forcing you to scan every target before letting you know if they are an enemy or not. The plot is lacking hovewer. There are several big plot holes, pieces of incoherent dialogue and bits where you have to actually sit and think about what even happened. Also, it strongly assumes the player having considerable knowledge of the game's universe. In short, the plot is more of a nostalgia hook than it's own thing. In terms of "inappropriate content", there are only two major moments coming to my mind. In one, an antagonist chases your ally, but not killing her until she has a complete mental breakdown from fear. The second one is subtler, it has your AWACS tricking your ally into executing another one for pretty much no reason, other than personal dislike.