All parent member reviews for AdventureQuest Worlds

Educator Written byCardui April 16, 2014

Exciting for kids and forces them to read the story.

The reason why this game is good because it forces your child to read the quests and learn the quest item location is. Reading quests, stories and instructions is necessary to overcome obstacles in the game. Not only that, the game is also very interactive in real life because the developers would love to see armor and weapon ideas from the players, which also inspires creativity.
Parent Written byAQW Shank July 26, 2011

Best game ever for all ages!!!

I've been playing AQWorlds since the Alpha testing phase of the game, my sister plays it just as much as I do and we're hooked. There is no reason to fear your child playing this game but there are a few things you may want to know about it. The first thing is that some of the players can add letters or symbols to words to get them by the chat filter(please note the chat filter is constantly being updated to prevent this). The second thing about it is that some players abuse "emotes" such as "/dance", this is sometimes done behind a character to make it look like the one dancing is having sex with the one in front. The last thing is that some of the armors for girls are a bit too sexy but still appropriate. If this report does not make you want to let your child play please reconsider and restrict them to the canned chat servers but I do not recommend them because they are the most annoying ones to use due to their slowness or "lag" as the players call it.
Parent Written byadamb1 February 13, 2015

Designed for players of all ages

AdventureQuest Worlds is designed for players of all ages. It does not contain any swearing, blood nor alcohol/drug references. Players under 13 are restricted to "Moglin Safe Servers" which are servers that only allow canned chat (safe pre-made chat messages.) The game runs in the web browser allowing it to be accessed from any computer.
Educator and Parent Written bystaytrue December 3, 2014

Addictive and costly

I say beware of this game. My son recently got into this game. It seemed harmless at first, not to much violence... than he needed money to open an account, than he needed money to buy tokens to play a higher level... I found him up in the middle of the night playing this game. He couldn't stop. After I would not pay for more, I found he started sneaking ways to try and buy more membership and tokens.... This is very upsetting. Not a good game to encourage addictions. Also, he thought he made a friend on the game who ended up cheating him and taking away his account and stole money from him! This game is not for the innocent. Way to many temptations and dangers.
Adult Written byFinalFantasy April 4, 2013

Good Game!

I personally think the game is very well designed and planned out for younger children to enjoy themselves safely. I play it myself and I'm a bit worried that no-one else my age does! It's a very fun game with a lot of things that you can do. There are a couple of times it tells you to "Upgrade" which means paying for extra features, so your child may want to do this... But other than that it is a pretty easy going game, very simple to understand and very easy to enjoy!
Adult Written byking lemon April 13, 2012

educational and fun

The game has a wide range of activities to do and offers lots of resources kids can use to help learn on completing tasks and remembering where to go. it also has a canned chat server, which is a server where chat is limited from the available phrases. along the way kids can meet new players and travel in a party to take down bosses
Parent of a 17 year old Written byPirate fan February 14, 2010

Good for 8+ kids

I love this game!!! The only problem is people can swear straight out on open chat severs. I was standing in a place where this guy said some bad things. But the game is fun for kids10+ because its not a bad game and its fun to play. I reccomend it to any one.
Parent of a 8 and 9 year old Written bymarkgraf December 14, 2009

Doesn't happen often - equally liked by both mom and the kids!!!

I liked that other players currently logged on worked together with my son when on the quests to figure the puzzle out or defeat/complete the quest. I also liked the parent permission email that was very detailed and user friendly. I felt this was a user friendly and safe game for my child while also being fun. I liked that I felt he could experience a chat (like he has watched me do via my online college courses and watches his older cousins text) via drop down message boxes. He feels very grownup and is able to "learn the ropes" of chatting/texting in a controled environment. I also am very happy that a paid membership and items to buy is not being pushed on him, therefore, me having to say "no" to yet another thing in his life during the difficult economic times.
Adult Written byEarthAngelJenna September 9, 2009

Great for kids and adults alike! Fun and quick to play.

This is a great game for all ages. Easy to learn but fun to play, and while there are servers that allow chat (best for 13+ or even older as there is some sneaking around the filters - i.e. s**t!), younger kids can be on the "Moglin-safe" servers with no open chat. The in-game violence is mild, deaths being more like a "KO" than an actual death. Free to play with an option to upgrade to a subscription with a parent/guardian on under 18yr accounts. The game and site are user friendly as well, with an update to the playable stuff every week!