Kid reviews for Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Poster Image

I actually really like this game and it's really good for young children it's perfect for education because this game teaches you about fish bugs and even fossils it's a really easy games to play as well I would recommend this to all ages

The best game in the Animal Crossing series

New Leaf may not be the most up to date version, but still can hold a very special place in a child or adult's heart!

This game is one of the best!

I played this game and I LOVE IT. This is one of the best animal crossing games yet! You are a human which was accidentally mistaken for Mayor. And you fish, catch bugs (this could be scary if you are scared of bugs and/or bug noises), and sell them to catch some bells! (bells are the currency in-game) It's pretty educational! This teached me to be patient for things! And you know what makes this game better... Playing with friends and/or family! If you have 2 children.. if you can, Give them both a 3ds/2ds with two copies of this game! They will have to go to the train station and "go to a nearby town" while the other has to "open the gate" and BOOM! they are playing together! And it's 10 TIMES fun that way! (If you dont want to buy 2 3ds then you can buy 1) However.. There are somethings that are scary in the game and I will explain them 1st: The Bugs. children can be scared by bugs or bug noises 2nd: Tarantulas or Scorpions... these appear late at night but hey! Maybe it will teach your kid not to play at night! 3rd: Bees. They chase the player if they fall out of a tree and will sting the player! (dont forget about those ear-hurting noises) Overall, it's a good game! It's good for families and you should totally get this game for yourself and/or your children! This goes to the parents out there!

Too hard to be bored from this game

Best Animal Crossing game of all time, or maybe even one the best games of all time. The 4th installment of the Animal Crossing franchise is an endless experience that can allow hundreds of hours of open-ended gameplay. The development of your town is something that would be told as an adventure story in the background

The best game ever

I have been playing this game for a long time and it never gets old. It is for 10+ because younger kids might not understand the mechanics or how things work. It is a fun, relaxing game where you can develop your own town at your own pace. It is fun to interact with the animal NPCs and shop for items to decorate your house. I recommend it for anyone over 10, whether you're a teen, an adult, or a senior it's a fun game for everyone.

Another charming Animal Crossing!

Ah, what a relaxing game! You can have so much fun, even though Animal Crossing has such a simple theme. Stealing the hearts of players since 2001, hang out with the adorable Isabelle or the mellow Kapp'n. SO fun!

One of the best games on the 3DS for kids AND adults!

I'm very late to this review train, but I bought this game when it came out and I've been playing it ever since. This game is simple and easy to play. The least in-depth way I could describe this would be that you are a human living in a town of animals whom you can grow friendships with. You earn virtual money ("bells") by doing chores around your town (which you happen to be the mayor of) and by catching various fish and bugs. I would like to point out that while it's not entirely educational, it does have a lot of easy-to-digest information about fish and bugs and features facts about the ones you catch. You also have a house that you can expand and decorate. It's definitely a family game. Adults can play it, kids can play it. It's enjoyably relaxing for all ages. It's also very appropriate. I bought the DS's Animal Crossing: Wild World when I was about six and loved it. I bought City Folk shortly after. Those games' characters had much more personality and as a result, they could be sassy at points. They ended up changing this in New Leaf, and now the characters all have pleasant conversations with the player. I thought that was hilarious, being a little kid. It wasn't anything bad at all, but the conversations were less sugar coated than the ones in New Leaf are. The animals will talk to your player about how the weather is, they'll talk about trading items for other items, they'll talk about other animals, etc. The one and only criticism that I have of this game is the lack of diversity in its customization regarding the player. The only skin tone available is a pale white. The developers addressed this, saying that it was because it's originally a Japanese game, and they didn't think about marketing to anyone else other than the audience in Japan. That is the only thing that I would consider in this game. Other than that, there are no signs of racism of ANY kind in this game, so keep that in mind.

Great place to build on your learning!

This game teaches kids about regular life skills, like house design, why you shouldn't be rude, and what you should do if you are stung! I see adults saying this game is for younger kids but older kids still have fun playing and relaxing while being able to express some of their creativity! The role models and messages are all positive unless you've been rude to someone in the game, in which case they won't talk to you until you've apologised.

How did this get rated 8+!?

It can teach young children about life and they can have fun whilst playing a game that is actually very educational! Just a bunch of playful creatures walking around, also you can interact with them! Players of all ages can have fun building their town, expanding and decorating their house, working on publics works projects and you can even go to the island and swim! Everyone loves this game because there is so much you can do you can even get fruit from the island and plant the fruit! You can connect with your friends and family and visit each other’s town! You can even personalise the villagers greetings and you can have up to four different profiles if you get bored of using the same old character! Parents don’t worry, your child will have a blast playing this (coming from a child) I have been playing this game from a very young age and it is the most appropriate game you’ll probably ever play!

Been playing for FIVE YEARS!

I loooove this game soooo much!! I started playing on Christmas of 2014, when my mom got it for me. It’s great! You get to be the mayor, but you soon come to find that everyone in the town has a say in things. The mayor doesn’t control it all! All the characters are literally BURSTING with positivity! It also helps you learn how to manage your money (the currency in the game are called Bells) properly, not to spend it all at once, and be able to turn it into a large term investment by paying off your home loan or a Public Works Project. Public Works Projects are things that you can build in the town. Some are small, like lights or benches, but others are big like a café or police station. You can even decorate your character with stylish outfits and accessories! Your house can be expanded and decorated as well from the inside out! You also can go deep sea diving, fishing, bug catching, and dig up fossils to donate to the museum. You can also tell real art from the fake ones to donate them to the museum too. Once they are in the museum, it will give you true information about them! I only rated it 7+ because you have to be able to read what the characters are telling you. But if you’re 7 and can’t read, just wait till you improve your skills. If you’re a 5 year old who’s an incredible reader, then go play this game! It’s perfect for all ages that have reading skills! (Name your town something cool though. In the beginning of the game where it asked for the name of my town, I put the name of my real one! I didn’t realize you were supposed to make up your own till I was too far in the game. It makes me laugh a little actually!)