Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Apex Legends

Epic battle royale game is more realistic than Fortnite.

Adult Written byChristina23080 February 7, 2019
Adult Written byAjohnson1234 February 10, 2019

Suitable for 12 up

I was a little hesistant about letting my son (age 13 play this at first), although I played a few games myself and realised that the violence is unrealistic and there are no graphic scenes. Overall it is a great game, although I would say under 10 should not be allowed. 16 is too high a rating for this game. I also think that it encourages team spirit.

Adult Written byOpeyuk February 11, 2019

Better than fortnight as no silly dancing

Game plays well and I can see it being very popular with preteen gamers. Its 1st person and slightly more graphical than fortnight but concept it very similar (be last alive). I have seen very little gore and game language seems to be very tame. Something to consider for under 13s. If you play solo or in a group of 2 you are forced into a group of 3 so 1 or 2 strangers. In most rounds I played (solo) the 2 random players did not have mics or was tame with there chat but I have had games where I have had abuse and some very vulgar language used towards me. I'm sure there is a mute function in game but tbh I have not looked as I just ignored them ( on ps4 entering private party chat alone or with friend will mute other players in game group) With the above said being my only concern that I have found I would happily let my 10 year old play but only with random players muted. You know your kids best I would say prob 12+ on this game but my 10 year old is mature for 10.

Adult Written byGamertron20000 February 10, 2019

Apex legends is from observation, an excellent video game and is for the most part, harmless.my 10 year old child loves it!

I think that this game is a very active and thrilling game. Whilst it is indeed a 16+ rating game, I think that other than moderate violence, it should be appropriate for ages 7 and above. However it does mainly depend on the personality and maturity of your child, so don't just take my word for it.

Parent Written byABC Mouse February 13, 2019

Cartoonish Battle Royale similar to Overwatch

This game has seemingly replaced Fortnite in popularity, as I’ve noticed my son and his carpool switch the subject of their lengthy conversations to Apex Legends. I was hesitant at first, because the game is a branch off of the violent EA shooter Titanfall. When I saw the word “blood” in the MPAA rating, as well as CSM’s review, I was almost about to tell my 11 year old ‘no’. However, after watching several YouTube videos and reading abou the game, I saw a different side of things. The “blood” is short lasting, just a faint mist of red when using heavy weapons. There is no foul language unless your child’s teammates cuss, but voice chat can be toggled on/off in the settings. The fact that there is no sexual content in this game makes it even safer for kids. The closest thing to drugs and alcohol I could find was when the character pulls out a high tech syringe-type thing and (out-of-view) uses it to gain “health points” and heal. The game doesn’t really encourage any positive messages, but good teamwork will often result in winning the game, which is survival-style, and one elimination will keep you out for the rest of the match. My son, 11 years old, struggles to keep up with the fast paced action in the game, which seems to give him a disadvantage when it comes to escaping enemy fire. I don’t believe it to be any more addicting to kids then Fortnite, and with less bizarre dances and more action, it probably won’t have the uniqueness to remain a popular game for long.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byFeddiemann February 10, 2019

Similar to fortnite

Not alot of violence

Adult Written byEmily furrer February 7, 2019

Completely fine

This game is extremely fun and like fortnite except with a more succour voice chat systeam

Adult Written byCommon Maria February 10, 2019

Not At All Violent, the most Popular Game on the Market!

This free to play game is very popular right now, and most of my 7 year old friends are playing it. The game is very alike to "Fortnite". At fist, I worried about my young son playing this game, but he convinced me that all of his friends are playing it. He only gets on with his friends, and he has become much more social, because kids at his school play this game a lot. I think it is okay for mature 5 year olds or at most 10 year olds. I myself have played this game and it does not seem like any other first person shooter. The graphics make it seem more violent than it really is. The ease to play this game is kind of high, but other than that, any kids above 7 years of age should be okay to play Apex Legends.

Adult Written byMarTube February 19, 2019

Let the teens flow

This game is very good, it is appropriate to teens. There are possitive messages because this game focuses on team work. These characters are mostly good, but some have bad backstories. The game is pretty easy to play, but there is a lot of violence, due to the game being about a a battle royale. The language used by characters is fine, but online chat can lead to other people using bad language. You can also buy online currency to buy skins. There is some drug use, because when you heal up, you use some kind of syringe that inyects some kind of healing liquid. I don't know if that counts as drug use.

Adult Written byParentReviewer_Group February 11, 2019

Amazing game that has little gore!

Parents should let their kids play this! It has little gore and improves their team building through coordination with teammates. This game has a great time setting that the whole family should enjoy! Get your kid this game for a team building game!

Adult Written byCatMelon February 15, 2019

Very good game, but has a lot of violence

Apex legends is a great game, but it does have a lot of violence. If you are a a parent and you are okay with your kid playing a first person shooter that has blood and guns, well let your kid play it. It all depends on the parent, but for parents who have never seen the game and your child is begging you to let him/her to play it, I'm going to tell you about the game. First of all, Apex legends is a free to play shooter game on Microsoft Windows, Xbox 1, and PlayStation 4. Apex legends include lots of guns, first person shooting, and some blood. The blood in apex legends is very mild and there is no gore. There is a lot of teamwork and communication involved to win the game. There are a lot of in-game purchases, so if you let your child buy stuff on games, that is all your choice.

Adult Written byspankthehubby51 February 18, 2019

It is a great game for 7 year olds and older!

This game is so fun for my 7 year old son to play. He loves it and plays it daily. I only let him have 3 hours of screentime a day, and he spends all of it on Apex. There is a tiny bit of violence in this game, but it 100% promotes teamwork. I love this game and would let any elementary school student play it.

Adult Written byGameReviewsdsre February 12, 2019

WORST GAME EVER

Never install this game ever again, terrible should never have been made delete this game

Adult Written bybuttmomba5355 February 12, 2019
Adult Written byaajj1144 February 23, 2019

Non-Toxic Fun..for now

Apex Legends is the next big thing in Battle Royal. Could it be the one to dethrone Fortnight? Possibly, it's definitely on track to surpass it. I feel there are a few things that hold Apex back from being the lone survivor in this battle royal. 1: Squads only - I love squads when I'm playing with people I know however when I am paired with randoms the fun is taken down a notch. That is due to a number of factors. Lack of communication being the main one. That one issue in turn leads to the other issues such as landing spot, respawning, etc. If they allowed a Duos or Solo mode I feel that could go a long way in boosting the game. 2: Weapon/Loot Spawns - It is definitely feast or famine when it comes to weapons and attachments/items. Even in the "High Tier Loot" sections it can be pretty barren unless you luck up. Many times you should expect to find a handgun of some form. Maybe an SMG if you are lucky. However the hand guns in this game are not much more than a placeholder or decoration as they don't do enough damage to keep you alive long(unless you come upon a poor soul who missed out on the initial landing grabfest). Randomness is to be expected but I feel they could drop a few more guns to start off with. Otherwise you could be in for a short game. 3: Ammo and lack thereof - The damage the guns put out isn't great and with shields/armor and bullet drop off it can be extremely difficult to down an opponent. Many times you'll find yourself with plenty of ammo for a gun you don't have or find the gun you want but ammo is nowhere to be found. Sure the game isn't supposed to be simple but when you have a gun but no ammo or it, it kind of takes away from the fun part. 4: Hit detection - Some hero's attract more bullets than others. Gibralter for instance is a sponge due to his size but a smaller legend like Lifeline is harder to hit. They are currently working on hit detection so this one should be fixed soon. That being said the positive outweighs the negative. You don't HAVE to spend real money to have fun. The skins are all purely cosmetic and do not change the game. Now while this game has a nice community we all know that once it gets more popular it will become more toxic with bullies and foul people. I'd say kids 12 and older would be fine on the game. Anyone younger would find some of the nuances of the game slightly difficult and due to the random people you get teamed with you might have the occasional creep so play with discernment.
Adult Written byKingteranas February 22, 2019

More realistic than Fortnite, requires a bit more teamwork, Not overly violent though.

Graphical Content: There is shooting involved/bullets, in a more realistic manner than Fortnite. However, I wouldn't call it overtly violent - there is no gore, actual blood that I've noticed, no brutal executions etc. No sexual content, drug use, nudity. Gameplay: Gameplay is enjoyable, I would say its a bit more team-focused than Fortnite. As of now you must be in a squad of 3 players every time you play, either with friends you know or the game will matchmake with other people. Vocal communication is a key part of securing victory within the game - Children may be exposed to unsuitable language in this case, but not more so than other online games. Playing with their friends would be advisable if this is a worry. Game is a bit more difficult than Fortnite I would say, there is no building aspect so you are forced to find cover rather than make it. There are also skills unique to each character "Legend" which are also a key part to winning games. Knowing when to use skills to support the team and also yourself is important and takes some time to learn. However, I wouldn't say its an overly difficult game to learn - kids who have played Fortnite should jump into it with relative ease.

Adult Written byJoshua Wang February 15, 2019

Great game for teens

This is a great game that heavily focuses on team work and working together. I have a 12 year old that I let play and so far I can’t object. The only thing that made me a little skeptic at first was that there was blood but as I played it I barely noticed it. Overall a great game

Adult Written byVictorothegrteat April 12, 2019

Man i am 1 years old and i am a legend at the game brimg me to faze.

Adult Written byGameReviewsdsre February 12, 2019

WORST GAME EVER

Adult Written bySylvester Stalone March 26, 2019

Great Game

At first, I didn't know if I should let my 6 year old play. It looks very realistic, but as I looked into this game, it really isn't bad at all! There is great teamwork and messages where you can play with friends to achieve an overall goal. Now I even let my 3 year old watch his brother play because he even enjoys it.