Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Assassin's Creed: Unity

Fascinating, gory French Revolution epic intros co-op play.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byMr.Robert April 24, 2015

Assassin's Creed Unity - An Educational Entertainment Source

The title of this game may be misleading, but it is indeed a good source for kids to learn about the French Revolution! Players will learn about people such as Maximilien Robespierre and Napoleon. It does have some sexual content, bad language and blood and gore but you may turn gruesome graphics, turn off the characters voices (preventing bad language) and skip sexual and/or inappropriate scenes. The player will also learn about important places such as Basilica, Notre Dame, and the Royal Crypts. The game is set in Paris but you may venture to Saint Denis or Versailles. If you turn the inappropriate aspects of this game off, I think it can be great for kids 11 or up! This game and all of the Assassin's Creed game franchise have great things to learn about, great role models, and send great messages to kids years 11 and up. The franchise is set in important events throughout history. For example Assassin's Creed 4 is set in the Anglo-Spanish war and Assassin's Creed 3 is about the Revolutionary War. I got this for my 11 year old son. I consulted many friends before buying this and supervised the gameplay. I highly suggest this.

Adult Written by70745ro November 18, 2014

Assassins creed

There is blood, gore, and violence, but there isn't a lot. Also there are minor sexual references. But otherwise it is appropriate for age 12 and up. Language is there, but multiplayer is very unmoderated. Let your child be mature enough, to play multiplayer

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byJim123 November 26, 2014

Its Fine

This game is fine . Its only got a little bit of gore in and you cant kill good people or innocent people. There's barely any swearing and is fine for 12+. You can also learn a lot of history from this game !
Adult Written bywaikitk July 22, 2015

AC Unity Review

Having played Assassin's Creed 4, and finished it, even though I was bored of it, I was really looking forward to playing Assassin's Creed Unity. I heard that there were many glitches, but I bought the new version with the updates. After I finished playing, the game was very entertaining, and I like to go back and replay the missions. The game wasn't very bloody, but there was a lot of violence. The fighting and killing scenes in combat were quite disgusting, but I soon got used to it anyway. The game is also a great way to learn at least a little bit of history. This game is about the French Revolution, from the Storming of the Bastille, to the beheadings, to the execution of many famous political figures. This game includes real people and real events, even though not all of them are that good. Besides from that, the game is generally very easy to play. Some missions are easy, and there are ways to upgrade and buy new equipment. There is a 5 star indicator showing how hard the mission is. You don't really score points in this game for completing missions and the drinking is limited to wine (which back in the day people had wine like water), and there weren't any use of drugs or smoking. Therefore, I would recommend this game to people who are around 12 years old.

Parent of a 15 year old Written byJulia S. August 3, 2016

An overrated game

My 15 year old son has been asking me for a phone and M games for a while, but my rule has always been 16. However, I made an exception for this game. I read parental reviews and talked to his friends mom about the game before we bought it. My husband and I watched him play the full game, and it isn't very violent. There is no sex or nudity, and the blood is very minimal. Violence can be avoided, and most of the missions are stealth missions in which Arno sneaks into Norte dame to deliver a letter or to speak with Elise, the woman he loves. There are only a few assassinations, and the language isn't too bad. It is minimal, but can be strong in a few scenes. I have heard the f word once, but all other language is British slang such as shyte (I know this because of subtitles). The game uses real people and events as well. The beheading of the French King and queen is seen, but that is the only gory scene. (My son already knew this happened because of history.) Overall, the assassins creed series is seen as violent and bloody, when you can actually learn a lot from the real places and events. I would not give this game an M rating, and I can't understand who would. T seems like a much more reasonable rating for this game, as it is nothing like GTA or COD.

Adult Written byDavid Matthews April 25, 2015

It's fine for 12+!

I have seen many people say that this is really inappropriate for anyone under 18. However it's fine! I have been playing this for a while now and it is a great game. It may have swearing here and there but kids these days hear far worse at school. For violence, well, for a start you can turn blood off and it isn't that much worse than 12 films nowadays. This game is nothing a 12 year old can't cope with. Many parents who say that no child should play an 18 do not listen to their children if they say it is fine to play, even if they have played it at a friends house. My son James (13) loves games like these but knows much better than to reenact what he sees. He knows enough to realise when something is too violent or scary for him (e.g horror films) . Even if you don't allow your child to play these games, there is tremendous pressure on children these days to have the latest games/ consoles and my son is friends with a boy who has even been bullied and teased about not having them. Please try to take this into account as i would like your children as well as my own to be happy at both school and at home. So please listen and trust me when i tell you that the Cod, Assassins creed and other games of the sort are fine for 12/13 and above. I hope this helps and that if you are reading this deciding on whether to get your son this game for his birthday, that you will listen to him when he says that it is fine. :)
Parent of a 11 and 14 year old Written byCooldad57 April 9, 2015

Hyped series, isn''t as inappropriate as I thought

Over the years I've gotten many Assassin's Creed games for my kids. A while back, my daughter really wanted Assassin's Creed 3 I think. My immediate answer was no. Assassin's Creed is so hyped, it can be an immediate turn off. Many of my friends are appalled that I let my kids play Assassin's Creed. But I finally got it for them, and they agreed that I had to be watching while they played it. Well I abandoned that rule very quickly. It didn't strike me as terribly inappropriate game. It's just a lot of running around on roofs and jumping around, and my kids do that all the time anyways. The only thing I really didn't like about the new one, Assassin's Creed Unity, is that when you run by someone, you shove them out of the way. It's just a little thing that annoys me about the game, but other than that, I would just say, know your kid, and you'll be fine!

Adult Written byMark21 December 14, 2015

So many bugs

It would be one of the best games but the sheer number of bugs really diminishes the quality of the game. The gore isn't very common, as attacks are a quick slash of the sword and almost no visible blood. There is no sex in this game. Romance sure but no nudity or graphic portrayals. Roaming the city is probably the best part of the game as Paris is truly awesome. Overall not as good as Black Flag but is still worth playing for fans of the series.
Adult Written bygojira fan March 17, 2015

Amazing but buggy

Unity is a lot more violent than the previous black flag installment because gore and blood stains actually show. There are some graphic cutscenes such as decapitations and a mans leg being sawed off. Characters cans also shoot and impale each other. Bad language is infrequent but can be strong. Words like the f word and the s word a are said. There is no real sexual content in the game but there is prostitutes on the street but no sexual act is ever shown

Adult Written byAngie H. February 22, 2018

Why!?

Okay, I'm just going to put this bluntly: who is reviewing the Assassins Creed universe?! I admit, Unity is pretty gory with all those beheadings and blood, and Common Sense Media got that right, but when I saw all of the Assassins Creed titles were reviewed 18 plus, I was so surprised I knocked over a pile of books on my desk. They even rated Black Flag, Rogue and Revelations 18 plus! Why!? But I'm going off topic, so I would say that Unity is actually an okay game, since the bugs are fixed and there is a no blood option, and the only reason I'm giving this a 15 plus is because of the gory beheadings even though there aren't to many.

Adult Written byGeobil September 8, 2015

It is awesome

If your kids are mature enough to Understand there is killing and is not OK in real life its ok to play it there is not much cursing so that is a positive thing there is blood but you can turn it off

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byAlexandre M. February 20, 2018
Adult Written byHorro November 5, 2017
The game is great but very hard which might get kids angry but the rest is fine.
Written byAnonymous November 22, 2018

The butt review

A good assassin creed game. There is blood violence gore but there is not to much. No sex and not a lot of bad language. The game is pretty easy to play with no safety concerns.