Kid reviews for Batman: Arkham Origins

Fun and intense Caped Crusader romp lacks ingenuity.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymad gamer November 9, 2013

more fun more baddies more addicting best arkham yet

game mechanics are similar to arkham city the villians in this one are more scary deranged and violent but you are a hero huge city to explore tons of puzzle solving and action so much more to do worth every cent

Teen, 15 years old Written byMovie Nerd November 2, 2013

Recommended for GTA V addicts

Good for teens, it is a game that can resist us from playing GTA V! Just freaking cool and not to forget it's kind off though, competitive game too.

Kid, 10 years old May 9, 2014

Good, doesn't live up to City's potential

This is a marvelous game. The graphics are stunning, voice acting was great, and the combat was just incredible. Parents, just don't be thinking, "Oh yeah, it's Batman. It'll be appropriate for my eight year old." If that is what you think, what kind of parent are you? The game is heavy on violence, with extreme melee combat, people are stabbed, shot and thrown from buildings. Thugs roam the streets, armed and unarmed, wanting to get that 50 million dollar offer Black Mask offers to anyone who kills the bat. There are assassins you face such as the Joker, Copperhead, Electrocutioner, Deathstoke, Bane, and I forgot the other three. Bane's transformations might frighten younger viewers, so be aware of that. On to the language topic, it gets heavier than the other Arkham games. You constantly hear things like d----t, you son of a b----, oh sh--,a--hole, what the h---, and more. There isn't as many sexual things in this as the other Arkham games, but there is still some. Several female characters wear cleavage revealing clothes, and short dresses. At one point in the game, The Penguin grabs and squeezes a female characters buttocks, but that is about it. The gameplay is incredible, with new gadgets and combo moves. I would rate the multiplayer, but I don't have an Xbox Live Gold, so that's about it. 5/5 for this marvelous game.

Kid, 11 years old April 21, 2014

What's wrong with it?

This game is pretty violent as far as batman action goes. But it really isn't that bad. Most parents would think that all you are doing is jumping around and killing people. But if you read the comics or watched the movies, you would know that Batman's one rule is: No Guns and No Killing. So this game is okay for 8 and up. If your kids are watching PG-13 movies, this should be fine.

Kid, 12 years old February 11, 2014

Holy Xbox Batman

Simply the best game I've ever played.

Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2014

Great Game for 10 years and up nothing really bad no Blood

Its a great game for kids 10 and up Its a bit dark with 9 assassins on Batmans Head for 50 million dollar on Christmas eve, Its a bit dark but there is no blood, only swears i have found are B*stard and Da*n and Hell, Nothing to bad lots of puzzles to solve with enigma packs around the map. There is the multiplayer mode which inst really for kids as it has guns but apart from that its all good to go!

Teen, 13 years old Written byFamilyTrek December 31, 2013

Should be 12+!!! Contains moderate action violence and one use of mouthed strong language.

The game contains moderate action violence and one use of mouthed strong language. One of the villains mouths the F word. 'Son of a b-tch' is used three times and w-nker is used once. The main villain is stabbed. The Penguin falls into a mirror and has a couple of scars on his face. The Joker briefly shoots somebody. But there's is no blood at all. All you can do is punch, kick and push.

Teen, 13 years old Written bywashington6944 December 23, 2013

Origins review

Batman: Arkham Origins is not that violent. The combat is bloodless, and there is no gore or dismemberment. There are blood stains in some environments, but that isn't that bad because if you get a cut and you look at it, you will see blood stains. The language is there, but if you turn off subtitles and mute your TV, than this isn't a problem. Th language is also much lower than that of City and Asylum. Most Teens hear this kind of language at school anyway, and they are old enough to know not to say the words. This game is appropriate for teens, but the game actually isn't that good. City and Asylum were loved by fans and critics alike, but there are mixed opinions on Origins. The combat and the gadgets are pretty much the same as City, and the environments look similar to City as well. In the end, if your teen wants the game, you shouldn't worry about being inappropriate, but they might end up being disapointed, just like i was.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDoctor Who man February 27, 2017

Although very violent, it doest have anything worse than your average DC or Marvel movie.

I feel like Commonsense's review on this game is a LOT more valid than a lot of their others. Still, the violence isn't too bad. I have had this game since Christmas and the only blood I've seen is when you follow a blood trail to locate a culprit's whereabouts. The combat in game is brutal but doesn't have anything an 11-12 year old wouldn't be able to handle. Most of the violence comes in the form of forensic investigation. This is a flimsy example of violence because your seeing the aftermath of a murder not witnessing or committing it. There is no gore or mutilation and all bodies are covered in blankets. There is no violence other than fist and cuffs. occasionally a villain will shoot at you, but your virtually impervious to them in game. There are 2 strip club in the game. one that has sign of a woman lifting her legs, the other is enterable and has poles. If your child knows what these are, its nothing new to them. If they don't know what these are they wont pay much attention. overall this is a solid game and should be for 12 and up. 11 only if mature. I would recommend to anyone who is a fan of Batman, superheroes or just good games in general.

Kid, 12 years old May 29, 2014

Batman number 400000...........

I loved it

Kid, 11 years old February 4, 2014

Don't listen to common sense media's opion. I know i spelled that wrong LOL.

This is a very good game and i can't believe im saying this but i think 8 yr olds can handle it. Well, just to be safe, lets just say 9. Kids can learn Karate moves by watching batman fight the dangerous criminals. Like you can use them for self defense when you grow up.Sometimes you have to fight the police. A very big city and you can free roam all you want. Although, there is a place i haven't discovered yet were Bruce's parents were assassinated. I see no blood at all, (well, there is a place were theres some blood, but not alot, and during combat theres no blood) Some swearing, Like "Get your a**e* off of here!" Or something like that or "What the he**!" And the most affective: "Sunvoa b*tc*!" And a few more. Some shooting, and some sniper rounds really take some brain work. Some levels you have to use your brain. And... ya.Over all i rate it 9+.

Kid, 11 years old October 29, 2016

Interesting Game!

The controls were easier to play than I thought and I think other people can enjoy this too!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMetalman173 November 5, 2013

Fantastic

lots of violence some really bad guys

Teen, 15 years old Written byJustinbieberfan1000 September 18, 2016

Love this game

3rd best batman game

Teen, 14 years old Written byGamingCaptain64 August 19, 2015

really fun!!!

my favourite game ever, the violence isn't to bad its just fistfights (which are beautifully choreographed) love it

Teen, 16 years old Written byMalik1Saad2 July 6, 2015

GREAT!!!!

Med range violence. Use of words like damn,hell,bastard and bitch.Drinking and Smoking.

Kid, 10 years old February 24, 2015

Definitely "M" material, but very good messages.

Batman Arkham Origins is the 3rd game in a series, the first game Batman Arkham Asylum, wasn't very mature in many ways, and game developers like to keep the games in a series at the same rating, so I think if this game wasn't in a series it would be given a hard M, there are swears used such as s--t, ass,bitch,and b--terd. There is one point in the game where the penguin is talking to Batman in a room next to two prostitute like women, the penguin expresses himself sexually around these women and pays them, there is also constant violence and some villains might be a little scary for some kids like the Joker, or Bane, or Firefly. It is also a very dark game, for example its always night time and the city is very dark and dangerous. But a great game for those who are mature enough, I didn't know what I was getting into when I played Arkham Origins.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJozzey07 January 12, 2019

Favourite batman game

This game is awesome. There is very little sexy stuff besides pictures on Calender's found in many building. High violence with 3d scenes of violent death in high detail. Dead bodies litter most building, with TVs shoved onto their heads. Joker uses poison gases to make people laugh to death. Batman must fight against the corrupt police force.

Kid, 11 years old August 12, 2017

I think it must be for kids 15 and up because iam 11 and i played it and it was so scary omg that joker toxic girl in elevator is so scarry you better dont see her

Kid, 8 years old June 19, 2017

A good idea of a origins story

Not very good for children