All parent member reviews for Battlefield 3

Adult Written byGeorge Johanson November 10, 2011

A Very Good Game

The Game is very realistic and can teach how war really is. It has very little blood and the violence is equivilent to uncharted, a teen rated game.
Adult Written byBullybuster November 28, 2011

Not that bad of a game

This is a good game. The swearing isn't good but if your child has seen in planes trains and automobiles the swearing at the rent a car thing they should be alright. Also the violence isn't that bad it's like battlefield bad company and battlefield 2
Parent Written bycrazzyyman85 November 1, 2011

best shooter of 2011

First off, this game hasn't ceased to amaze since I started playing it. The graphics are superb and and the online multiplayer mode is an amazing experience. In terms of, the inapropriate language is the primary issue here. Although it isn't over the top, it is easy to come by in the single player campaign (D**mn f***k and s***t). -- nothing more than the average 7th is exposed to in school everyday. violencwise, the game isn't that graphic (very little blood) but the violence is constant. anyone into the fps genre of games will love battlefield 3.
Parent Written byHarold Lee December 31, 2011

Quality Shooter for

I got this game for my son for Christmas, and I must say, I am extremely impressed. He was begging for it, and when I did a bit of researching online I found nothing too violent, so I went ahead and bought it for him. And I’m glad that I did. This is a shooter unlike any other I’ve witnessed. As opposed to other shooters, like the ever-popular Call of Duty series, Battlefield 3 is a game of careful strategy and deduction, not just a wild shooting spree. The game has objectives spread across a vast, beautiful landscape, and the moderate travel time to each objective means that careful thought and consideration must be made with every move, for risk of dying and having to respawn back at the starting point. The game is much more complex than others, with different vehicles and objectives, requiring thought before action. I was also extremely pleased with the way the classes are customized. The entire game revolves around the teamwork and cooperation of the different classes. One class heals and revives fallen teammates, another repairs vehicles and takes out enemy ones, another provides ammo and support fire, and the last defends far off teammates and provides spawn points. A squads strength increases by tenfold when they all combine their talents. I am very satisfied with this game as a whole. My son loves it for the action and game play, and I love him having it because of the strategy and teamwork. I even play it sometimes, when the kids are at school. It truly is a fun game. I would put the age limit at around 11 or 12, because, as with all shooters, there is warfare violence, and small amounts of blood. But most kids should be more than fine playing it.
Parent Written bycraigjhonsinyoda99 November 18, 2011

gr8

the game is fine a standord video game for kids thats fun and enjoyable.
Parent Written byBest Reviews January 23, 2012

Best Reviews

Im a player on Battlefeild 3 and to be honset it has nothing wrong with it. Sure it says the F word a lot but its not like your kids aren't saying it at school or hearing it! I play a lot on online games and i enjoy it because i can have fun! When people say it encourages violence they are dead wrong! I have never wanted to go hurt or kill anything after playing it! and its a war simulator so no duh its going to have blood! thats like having a cooking games without the baking part! It has to be there because its a real life thing. Thank you.
Parent Written byCautiousmom12 March 21, 2012

No reason not to get it for your kid !

I am a mother and my 12 year old son wanted this game for his birthday, i was thinking about not getting him the game because of violence and other things but i realized it is actually a really fun looking game.This game is not strictly a first person shooter, it is also a flying game and a jet game. I think any boy asking for this game should be able so have it , there is not a large amount of blood and there is no gore.
Adult Written byschwango November 5, 2011

Good Game

This game has absolutely no blood, and while the entire game is shooting, so is ghost recon, uncharted, and lost planet, all rated T. There is also some language, but nothing over the top or too constant. Over all just a good game for 11 year old's and up.
Adult Written bycsi guy November 5, 2011

12+

This game has so little blood, and I've seen more in T rated games. The only thing that makes this game M is the fact that they use the F-Word a couple of times, but come on, there are 7 year olds who curse more than that on a daily basis. The only real worry is whether or not your kid will get desensitized to violence, and most kids over 12, will not
Adult Written byZelaluver November 11, 2011

Best game

gr8 game and is very violent with strong language
Adult Written bybigman99100 November 5, 2011

Great Game

I know that commonsense completely overrates all of their reviews, but this one was ridiculous! "Bash peoples heads into objects" when I think of that, I think really violent. But all it really is just hitting an enemies head into something, and then he dies. No decapitation, no explosion of heads, he just dies. Is this necessarily a good thing? NO. But its not over the top, and it's appropriate for kids 12 and up. The rest of the violence is just shooting people, which you can do in most T rated games. There is some language, but most kids probably hear more curse words from their parents than they do from this game. This game has been completely overrated, and is appropriate for kids 12 and up
Parent Written byAlex forden September 10, 2012

A Great Game

I was very hesitant letting my son get any violent games, and as he was begging me, i decided to let him get battlefield, as all his friends had it, and he was now in high school. I was afraid it would be something like the violence i have seen in Call Of Duty, another Shooter series I have seen, But this has really surprised me. I have watched my son David play it, and It doesn't come across as suck a gritty shooter that it looks like,and certainly this website suggests. Firstly I was amazed a how good the landscape looks, and I was surprised that the makers of this game didn't spend that much time on the killing effects, which really impressed me as there is little to no blood. The game really gives the feel of teamwork and co-operation, rather than the feel that you're being chased and hunted, and the game is designed so you are more obliged to go around, capturing flags, and destroying enemy objectives, than wait around to kill some people, which ends up being very boring. My son only seems to play the multi-payer, rather than the single player side, and he says that it is a little more violent, which is probably why this website rated it so harshly, but it isn't really worth playing anyway, according to my son,and it sin't worth playing anyway. There is some swearing hat the Characters in the game manage to say, but this can be turned off in the menu, and it still isn't that much anyway. Overall, this game is extremely well designed, and my son plays allot, and loves it. this game, like all shooters have that level of violence just from the fact that there is shooting, but if you are sensitive to it, like i was a first, you just ignore it and go into another room. this shooter has been great as a first shooter game in this household, and it has proved to be allot less violent than allot of other shooters out there. I suggest this game as a first shooter game for any household if they are considering it, and it will help you to make a decision.
Adult Written byLM2532 July 31, 2012

HOLY LANGUAGE!!! Otherwise it's super fun!

This game is rather fun but I think parents should know that this game starts just fine, but after a level or two, the language shows itself. It starts unleashing the worst the English language has to offer. It is NOT recommended for children. If not for the language, the game could have been rated T by my standards. But I have to say, there are worse games out there.
Adult Written byTheotimus3 July 27, 2012

NOT FOR CHILDREN

Has a lot of inappropriate language, this game is definitely not for children!
Parent Written bySolidGamer March 20, 2012

Good game, but watch out for language.

First of all, this game is great for any shooter fan. But be warned, there is intense language and violence throughout the game. The language CAN be turned off, so make sure your kid has it off at all times. The violence isn't too intense, but it is war. It isn't any worse then most T games, so it shouldn't be a problem if your child already plays action games. The blood isn't a problem either, there isn't much. The online players can also be an issue. You will usually find at least one a server/lobby, but you can mute them easily. Bottom line, I'd say its for kids 13+, but make sure you turn off the language.
Parent Written byCkd2077 November 1, 2011

Give this game a shot

This is a fun shooter with a really deep well done multiplayer. If you let your kids play other fps games like call of duty, they should be able to handle this fine. The game isn't as violent as call of duty or gears of war but has superb graphics that really immerse you into the games world and make the action more intense. There is a bit of cursing in the single player but like Somone else said, it's not over the top. BELIEVE THE HYPE AND BUY THIS GAME!!! :)
Parent Written bygator32 October 30, 2011

READ THIS

First of all, amazing game. But the soldiers do drop the f!!! word and s!!! word a lot. There is basicially no blood spary because it happens so fast you can barely even see it.
Parent Written byChojun January 2, 2014

Awe-inspiring; language, intensity not for kids

This game is, as the official review stated, visually striking and an awe-inspiring experience. I disagree though that the game glorifies war. The game explores the consequences of war. At one point, the order is quickly but reluctantly given to shoot civilian police officers because they are about to unwittingly allow a potentially major tragedy. Much attention was given to the ins-and-outs of modern combat, and through the dialogue and mission objectives, the player will feel as if he's partaking in a genuine combat experience (although admittedly unrealistic in some respects, such as dog-fighting in modern aircraft). The enemy AI in this game is unrealistic as they cannot be suppressed, they take cover in ridiculous places, and 'know' where you are at any given time. The multi-player experience is immersive and intense but it can also be extraordinarily frustrating. This game is not for people who can't handle the stress of intense gaming experience without losing their temper. This game does not feature integrated voice chat support, so without 3rd party tools, players will not be able to chat with each-other. Unfortunately, the game is inferior to the Call of Duty franchise in that it does not allow you to turn profanity off. The single-player experience is rife with cursing (s*t, f*k, b*ch, m-f*ker, etc), although admittedly the language is in appropriate context in the intense, life-threatening combat (generally not directed at other people, but typically uttered in exclamation at danger, etc). In Multiplayer, in absence of voice chat, the game has other players shouting pre-defined phrases in certain situations, and these tend to be full of strong language (for example, here's your ammo; Watch out for that tank, he's a big f*ker; oh f*k, a grenade! etc). All-in-all this is a very good game. The gameplay experience is not rife with bugs and glitches as was indicated in the review (I have the premium version). However, the intensity of the game combined with the strong language means it is definitely not for kids.
Adult Written bypositron01 February 28, 2012

Awesome Game...Awesome Graphics

This game is alot of fun, with lots of guns and upgrades to them. There is language, but you can turn the voiceover language to French, so if you don't mind being cussed out in another language this is a good game for you. There is violence like all shooter games, and not too much blood even when you knife (there is no blood). In the campaign you can't turn off the subtitles when you are the Russians, and they say some bad stuff, but you are only the Russians for two missions I think.
Parent Written byadvisee24 February 1, 2012

Educational and Hardly Violent Game

After I said no to Call of Duty, my son wanted to find a shooter he was allowed to play. The Battlefield series seemed like a good compromise. After researching the game, I found it to be highly educational and strategic. In addition, I watched videos of gameplay and found that the violence that the Common Sense review talks of is inaccurate; this game is hardly violent at all. There is little to no blood, and the actions performed do not look violent. However, the language is an issue, most likely the reason for the rating, as characters often curse. Overall, this game seems fine for children 13 & up, unless their parents aren't okay with the language.