Kid reviews for Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Shooter series gets more graphic, bumped from T to M rating.

Kid, 10 years old March 13, 2020
Teen, 14 years old Written bydeeznuts14 May 31, 2016

OMG it's so fun

Sure it may be more graphic and language might be worse but its better than giving ur child GTA V and saying have fun. Battlefield bad company 2 may be inappropriate but at least its teaching people what happens when at wam

Teen, 14 years old Written byFaultyRodude May 14, 2015

Fantastic military FPS

Hey there! Here's all the things you need to know about the content of Bad Company 2:

Violence:
While there is a moderate amount of blood when characters are shot, it's not always easy to see, as it may be covered by a wall, smoke, vehicles etc. It's not a very intense game, though. There's no gore in this game, even if characters are blown up or run over by tanks, their bodies stay in one piece.

Language:
In multiplayer, language is hard to hear over the explosions and gunfire, but characters can sometimes swear if they are shot by team-mates ("Hey, it's me you stupid f***!"), although this will rarely happen. However, in the singleplayer mode, language is a lot more common, as the main characters speak more frequently. You'll hear things like "We're un-f**king this situation" "We're f**ked if we lose [the satellite]!" "You're in bad company now, b**ches!". Swearing is never used towards others in an aggresive way.

Sex:
There's no sexual content in this game.

Drugs:
There's no drug-related content in this game.

Hope this review has helped! ^^
Teen, 14 years old Written byPrincessOfExplosions March 12, 2015

One of the least violent military shooters

This game is rated 17+, but it's not as graphic as other 17+ games, such as call of duty. For example, there is a moderate amount of blood shed when an enemy is shot, but it does not stain the environment or look as realistic as other games (more mist-cloud like) and there is no gore whatsoever. One thing I like is that it's not a dark game, unlike most military shooters, and you attack in self-defense most of the time. You can stab enemies, but it's bloodless and offscreen (the camera lunges at the enemy, you swipe your knife at them, and they fall over). There are mild innuendos, but unless your kid understands them, it'll go over their head. No drug content whatsoever. There is a lot of swearing in this game, but it's most often not directed at any specific person (e.g. "What the f--k are they doing?" "The guy is f--king dead!" "We got a f--king sniper!"). As you can see, they like the F word. However, language (pre-recorded, not from other players) is directed at characters in multiplayer, if you hit a team-mate (e.g. "Hey it's me you stupid f--k!" "Hey dumbs--t! We're on the same side!") So, to sum up, the main characters are not bad people, blood is not very graphic (and sometimes doesn't even show up), swearing is constant but not directed at people for most of the time. Hope this helps!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMrHauska October 13, 2014

The best multiplayer experience out there.

This is a game where, just like in the original, play as a soldier in a group called Bad Company. Your mission is to stop World War 3 from happening.

Now for the review!

Violence: The game, unlike the original, contains blood. You can shoot enemies causing small puffs of blood to appear, however, it never stains the environment. There is no gore in this game, or else I would give this the "Not for kids" rating. You use a variety of guns you find or unlock on the battlefield, 'nuff said.

Language: This game doesn't just drop bombs, it also drops F-bombs. If you feel like your child shouldn't listen to any "magical words" just turn off dialogue and subtitles.

Positive messages: Though violent, This game's multiplayer contains huge elements of teamwork. If you join a squad, you can get points for helping out your squad. Even if you lone wolf it, you can get points for helping out your entire team.

Overall, this is a game that couldn't decide if it should be rated T or M, it's up to you.

Ease of Play
Teen, 13 years old Written bywashington6944 December 24, 2013

Bad Company 2 review

Most people now will have BF4 or BF3, but if you are looking for a cheap, decent game, than you should definetley look at this. This game is rated M, but its not as bad as you think. There is violence, but its the amount of violence you would find in a T rated game. There are some bad words, but that can easily be removed, even without a content filter. All you have to do is go to options, find subtitles and disable them, and then mute your TV. Thats all you need to do. The characters in the game are pretty good role models, as they are trying to save their country. So without the filter/disabled subtitles, this game is probably good for 13 and up, but with language off its pause for 11.

Teen, 14 years old Written byEpicKingKong January 7, 2013

Appropriate for most teens

I'm 14 years old and I just recently got to play Battlefield: Bad Company 2. For concerned parents I think this game is suitable for 13+. This game is a first person shooter which takes place in many parts of historical American wars such as the Second World War and the Cold War. You get to pursue the roles of American soldiers as they fight Japanese and Russian soldiers throughout the game. Players use a variety of old guns such as assault rifles, pistols, carbines, shotguns and grenade launchers to kill the enemy soldiers they encounter. Although gore and particularly detailed blood aren't an issue in this game, the game does use an engine which allows almost all of the environment to be destroyed realistically which can vary from putting a dent in a pole to blowing up an entire house at your will. These features are encouraged by the fact that you may occasionally have to use them to kill an enemy soldier or complete a mission. Also, the words f-ck and sh-t can be heard in context, however, they are used less frequently than other first person titles such as CoD and Medal of Honor. This game does go online but exposes the player to content no worse than what they may see in the solo missions. Personally, I think that if you're a parent and you're ok with your child being exposed to some strong language and realistic explosions, then you're ok.

Kid, 10 years old May 5, 2012

not very bad at all

this game isn't too bad if you have played any other first person shooter franchise. Great game and story line. It does use some f-bombs and other stuff like that. the only thing ba about the game is that its too short, 4-5 hours tops

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 March 6, 2012

This,and Call Of Duty make my cup of tea.

Yeah,yeah although it is very realistic and violent portrayed in graphic manner and there's huge amounts of language,if you are a mature 14 you should be able to handle it.I got this when I was 12 but I'm not violent.Because this is all military violence.If you ask me,COD is much more violent and bloody than this.When you shoot people,vast crimson mists erupt from wounds but nothing you wouldn't see on the other side of the road.I know what I'm talking about as I played it for over a year on my Xbox and one can tell how violent it is by just less than fifteen minutes of gameplay.So,if your kid can handle it,get this for his birthday and hell love you for life.; D

Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2012

Very Fun

First, my absolute favorite game ever, awesome but challenging campaign, best online multiplayer ON EARTH. Second, cussing is ridiculous and extreme, and there is no way to turn it off. Blood is way higher than most games, drinking and smoking in videos occurs often. Has good roll models who are very brave and patriotic. 15 and up (even though I play it and I am 11).

Kid, 12 years old January 7, 2012

Good game

i loved the game but i hate the network runner EA. first of all this game is hilarious the NPC are very funny with my sense of humor. not to bloody but i do love the destructible landscape. it was rated M because they swear constantly with the F word. Don't even bother with the multiplayer EA wouldn't let me go online.

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 15 years old Written byManfred September 27, 2011

VIOLENT , GORY & STRONG COARSE LANGUAGE

FUN

Educational Value
Kid, 12 years old August 19, 2011

Call of Duty step aside...

Best online shooter ever! The blood shouldn't be a problem as it's not that realistic but the gameplay is! Too much swearing as well for my liking. I'd give it an M, but no more, it was right to make it a 16+

Teen, 14 years old Written bygamerater57 July 5, 2011

Great Game, But Watch Out For Language

Now don't skip my review just because I'm not an adult.... I bought this game a couple weeks ago and let me tell you, this is the most realistic game to date for me, destruction wise. There is swearing that you might be cautious in the story, but there is little to no blood at all. The storyline followed this band of misfit soldiers as they unknowingly stumble into a plot for weapons of mass destruction. The characters made me laugh on several occasions and it is very humorous compared to Black Ops. On the visual wise, DICE has made leaps and bounds ahead of the competition with completely destroyable buildings, making online that much more of a challenge. Overall, concern on language, but great story and online.

Kid, 7 years old June 1, 2011

THE BEST!!

I love the GAME! Best FPS ever!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byDideloop2 May 19, 2011

Great, mature game.

Messages: 4/5- there’s a ton of swearing in this game. BFBC 2 is a war game, so, naturally, it glamorizes war. There’s non-stop shooting and swearing involved. Not a very good game on terms of role models.
Violence: 4/5- like I said, it’s a shooter. When you shoot people, there are mild blood splatters. It’s a bit worse than Halo, but not as bad as Call of Duty. However, knifing people is very bloody. Practically the whole screen turns red. You can also even use a drill to attack people. But it’s not as bloody as other games, and I’m sure kids 14 and up could handle it.
Sex: 0/5- there’s nothing here, other than a mild sex joke.
Language: 5/5- there is a lot of swears in BFBC 2. There’s f—k, s—t, and others. It’s scattered throughout the game everywhere, even in multiplayer. But it’s to be expected in a game as realistic as this. It’s common battlefield chatter, just like real life. Besides, most of it is comedic.
Overall: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is a fantastic shooter. It’s destructible environments and vehicles give it a sort of tactical feel that Call of Duty doesn’t have. But the violence and language make it inappropriate for younger kids. Good for 14 and up.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJustAReview May 13, 2011

Perfec for hardcore shooter fans, probably shouldn't get the game for little kids though.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 isn't all that violent, it is, but it's not hardcore. The game's campaign is pretty boring, and the characters curse frequently. Now for the multiplayer(the best part of the game.) The multiplayer is perfect, no people hacking(like in Call of Duty), Vehicles to use, and plenty of customization for your soldier's equipment. Again, there isn't much violence, but the characters will curse when fired upon, explosions occur, ect. I hope this review helps.

Kid, 11 years old April 27, 2011

Teen, 15 years old Written bybentom April 23, 2011
i think this is a very good game for kids my son got it and said it has swearing just mute it barley any blood what so ever but iffy grafics
Teen, 17 years old Written byCoolkat11 March 23, 2011
Great game, besides the cursing. my opinion is that kids 13 and up should be able to play.