All parent member reviews for BioShock Infinite

Parent Written bywatchfulguardian113 June 17, 2013

Cant explain this game in words...

This game will leave you in awe with the amazing storytelling and epic game-play as well as graphics. You will be astonished at what the story will bring next. The violence in not over the top in this game, considering that it is a FPS title. There are spurts of blood. There are some alcoholic and tobacco use in the game but is not at all too bad. The only bad language that they use is the word: s__t. The f-word is never used at all. There is no sexual material except for a tiny bit of revealing clothes in one of the side-characters. The game also deals with a slight bit of racism. Dark skinned people are picked on and publicly humiliated. You can choose to stop these acts and most likely will. The story is very retro theme with a: save-the-princess-from-the-castle theme and gets very dark sometimes. The story is absolutely amazing and will make you agree that this is the best game that i have and will have ever played. BioShock Infinite is 10/10 game in my perspective and is ok for anyone who is the age of 11 & over. Thanks for reading this and i hope you buy this game!
Parent of a 8 and 13 year old Written byJonathan wood April 4, 2014

LEARNING

Beautiful game

This game is fine for any teens as long as they realise the game is not a replica of the world and that the game is against racism. The graphics are amazing for this game and the violence is really not that strong. That is why my 13 year old son will be allowed this although I am usually quite a strict parent.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bywatchfulguardian32 June 16, 2013

One of the best games that i have ever bought!

The violence in this game is never over the top. The sky-hook is the only weapon that can be very bloody. There is some racist things like black people being humiliated or sold in front of a crowd. The graphics are lush and wonderful, and by far makes of the best games of the past 5 years. The language that is used in this game is not extensive and only used t-rated swear words (the worst word that they use is the word: sh-t. The f- bomb is never used in this game). The overall theme is dark story-wise, and is like a christian bale film. I am honestly glad that i bought this game for my 13 year old child. He is a mature individual and can handle racism, violence and mild language. My overall limit and rating for this game is 12 & over can handle this game. 5/5 stars!
Parent Written bydiehard200904 April 4, 2014

A game with a message, but sadly...

The game has a message, and does present issues such as segregation and/or discrimination in light of the setting (1912). However, I wouldn't consider it a game for kids due to the immense amount of violence thrown into the game. While the game does handle issues such as discrimination, the state of America near the turn of the century, and the personal morality of the central characters, the consequences of one's decisions, and so on, the level of violence is a pretty strong drawback. For older teens and adults, it can be incredibly inspiring, but just too violent for kids. I disagree with the ratings on sexuality. There is a revealing dress that shows cleavage on a main female character, and there are people talking about the cute guys and girls to try dating, but it's generally far more casual and discrete than what most teens are exposed to nowadays. Again, a reflection of culture back in 1912. The main positive of the game is the focus on how the main characters' decisions and lifestyle affected himself and others around him, and how the consequences are there, a factor that many games don't include to as strong of an extent. The high level of violence though, makes it a game for mature audiences.
Adult Written byMrBobbito September 24, 2013

Society a Century Ago

As everyone says, this one packs a lot of violence. I suppose it's "par" with other popular games, meaning you'll get blood from bullets and a "skyhook" which is used essentially as a chainsaw. One thing that must be noted about the game is the society that it's set in. Depending on the time in the story, you'll run into a lot of racism or similar themes. How exactly is this expressed? In addition to the general setup of the society (Irish and African citizens live in slums, some are clearly depicted as "servants"), there are a few instances where the clear point is white supremacy. The most notable example of this is a "mixed" couple being tied on a stage, surrounded by images of gorillas, and a lottery that will allow the winner to throw a baseball at the couple. If your child won't be bothered with either of these issues, it's a great game. The only other thing to note about the game is that the story might be difficult to follow, as I know some adults that needed to play it a second time before they fully understood what was really going on.
Parent of a 15 year old Written bybluepuffle1212 June 17, 2013

Any mature 12 year old can handle it!

This game is amazing with its lush graphics and amazing storytelling. I love this game and am glad that i bought this for my young man. But honestly, i believe that anyone 12 and over can play this. There is violence (come on, its an FPS game!) with spurts of blood, The language isn't that bad either. They only use T-rated swear words and will never use the f-word. There is no sexuality, but a brief talk about it exists for one scene, and is not that bad. The story is amazing and will keep you gripped until the end. This game is wonderful and any mature 12 year old can handle this. This is my favorite game of all time!
Adult Written byTwixthekitty May 7, 2013

Gross, but glorious.

As I was going through the introductory part of the game, I was thinking how gorgeous everything in Columbia was, and how they could possibly make it as gory as the first two Bioshock games without the Big Daddies. Then I walked past a cop holding this new spinning hook weapon thing and thought 'Ah, that's going to be disgusting.' I was 5000% correct on that mark. There is just as much gore in this installment as the first two, but it's also retained the same smart plotting and super fun game play. Once you get over the initial shock of close-up shots of hook-mutilated faces, this game is absolutely stellar.
Parent Written byKb25 August 21, 2013

Great Game, Unfortunate Violence

This game is actually toned down from the other Bioshocks. The game has interesting gameplay. The main issue in my opinion would be the violence. There is several weapons which, when shooting enemies, can cause blood to spray. There is some intense scenes, especially one where your character kills a man by smashing his head into a fountain. The game is in the 1912s, and the city you're in is against racism. The game also takes on a large religious portion. One of the main enemies, a man named Father Comstock, claims to be a God-like man, and he worships leaders of America such as Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, etc. Most people also believe you are the False Shepard. Your character can eat several things to regain health, and can also drink. I'd say this would be good for a mature teen.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bymattwe June 15, 2013

Not Too Bad

It contains moderate shooter violence. There are occasional gruesome executions seen with a weapon called the skyhook, but that's the only bad content. Elizabeth, the main character, is a kind, thoughtful, well-meaning individual. The other main character, Booker, is a rough and tough anti-hero, but not as mean as other characters.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byGamer guy May 14, 2013

NOT FOR KIDS? Really?

I've played all the Bioshock games and this one is the least graphic. The "naked lady" figure on the bottle that the review talks about is sometimes in piles of junk found throughout the game. These pile don't even occur that often. As for the "brutal killing" that it mentions, this doesn't even have that much blood. It's your classic FPS game. the only blood really seen is when you shoot an enemy. This game doesn't curse all that much either. I mean, sure there are a few racial slurs, but it's set in 1912. And the "sexual language" is only said one time in the game. I played all the way through this game, and i say that no child younger than 10 or 11 should play this game. I really think that common sense did a horrible job of reviewing this game. In my opinion. As long as your child can handle violence and a little cursing, they can play this.
Parent Written bydittoface December 4, 2013

The best story in a game ever.

Biochock is fairly violent game, but as long as the kid knows it's fiction, it will all be fine.
Parent of a 15 year old Written bybluepuffle1212 June 17, 2013

Any mature 12 year old can handle it!

Parent of a 11 year old Written byJonathon Stockhausen June 17, 2013

Why is this rated M? could have been rated T!

Bioshock infinite is one of the best games that anyone will ever experience in their life. The story aspect of this game is lively while is has a dark and dour side. Kind of like a batman movie. The violence in Bioshock infinite is never over the top and keeps you amused with all the powers you can use to defeat your enemies. The game also deals with a slight slice of racism, but children over the age of 10 can handle it fine. There is only one s-word used throughout the whole game and the f-word is never used at all. They have really cut down on the swearing and is all right for any middle schooler. There are no sexual themes in this game except for some suggestive dressing in one of the side-characters. This game has one of the best storytelling and will keep you gripped to the end. I am proud to say that i bought this game for my child and i play it from time to time. This game is my absolute favorite and i recomend it to anyone who is 11 and over. I give BioShock Infinite a score of 10/10 stars!