Kid reviews for Brink

Online first-person shooter has some blood, mild profanity.

Teen, 16 years old Written byJamie111 May 14, 2020
Teen, 14 years old Written byR6S Gamer April 15, 2020

D-

Boring game I heard this game got a D on wikipedia i used to play this game on pc but now i no play this game looks no better
Teen, 14 years old Written byGamersnews32 February 6, 2020

The pinnacle of Classic Online Co-op for PS3 and Xbox 360

Brink is a pretty fun co-op game. Don't really understand the hate around it. This is a team based co-op first person shooter game with a moderate arsenal of weapons and pretty slick level design. Violence is the main factor. Though very mild, a few blood spurts or mild sprays are present. Use of melee weapons and firearms are used. Strong language is present. Use of "bastard", and "$h!t" is heard.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMagpiecorvus007alt June 12, 2018

OK game, But it is quite violent for a game given A T rating by the ESRB

NOTE: This is just what I have seen in the game.

Sex: 0/10 none

Violence and Gore: 7/10 Just Typical shooter violence, but it is a bit bloodier than most T rated games, In my country it has been given a PEGI 16 which is somewhat understandable, but I think it's okay for 14+,
Onto the actual subject now, the violence in this game is quite strong compared to other T rated shooters. Every time someone is shot or hit, they spurt low to medium levels of blood, and when you get hit, blood appears on the screen, it does fade however. Nothing too graphic, but a bit bloody, no splatters on floors and walls however.

Profanity: 3/10 Not much, just PG-13 / 12 rated language, b words and s words are as bad as it gets, no f bombs

Substances: 1/10 No proper ones that I know, maybe some relatively mild references.

Scary/Intense Moments: 3/10 some of the gunfights may be intense to some

Overall okay for 14+ due to moderate bloody violence

Teen, 13 years old Written byYousef.taw November 14, 2017

Pretty good

It is not that violence and profanity it is for 12 years and up

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavisccole November 3, 2016

My Cousin

I had this game and my little cousin loved this game so much he couldn't stop playing it!

Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2015

what I think of brink

It has a lot of blood but it is a good game and has great customizing it is a lot of fun and it by the creators of the fallout games for kids 14 and up.

Kid, 12 years old September 19, 2014

Not too bad.

Don't get me wrong but, the blood in this game is for thirteen year olds.Sit with your kid and if he thinks it's "scary" let the eldest play or even U.

Kid, 12 years old February 3, 2014

Awsome game

This is a fun game. There may be some blood and violence but it's rated T for Pete's sake!

Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2014

Brink

This game is a simple under rated FPS online game that is a little violent and has a little blood. NOT FOR YOUNG GAMERS!

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 June 1, 2013

Don't even waste your money on this game

This game was a massive disappointment and not even worth the money, but if your kids really want to play this it contains some violence and very mild language. I mean the game is violent, but it is not bloody and it isn't even close to as bad as Black Ops, so I would say the perfect age would be 7. I wouldn't even bother it was a horrible game. If this were rated as movies are rated it would be PG-13: Violence, and some mild language.

Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2013

it needs to be M

I thouth it will be M but it is T. It shound be M

Teen, 13 years old Written byZackattackjt April 4, 2013

T rated?! Really?! Horribly gory and violent!

This is a game that should NOT be rated T! It is really fun though. I think it is okay for people like almost 14 and up. Just for a warning to the parents...it is first person, there are tons of blood, you are killing people, and you are using VERY realistic guns. Every time even one bullet hits you a blood splatter will appear on the screen. Also, there is nothing other than fighting in this game. Also it isn't even good v. evil; you can either play as the terrorists or the dictatorship...this game is not for kids who can't play gun games and/or games with blood or gore. Trust me, a game must be bad for me to write a review on it! This game was rated by idiots! I'm saying that and two of my friend's dad CREATED the ESRB rating system. I cannot stress enough how this is rated stupidly! This game says it is a "future city"... That's bull. The setting is a city overrun by terrorists. Also, you can run up to enemies and bloodily slit their throats open with a dagger. But, i should give it some credit, it teaches good team skills like medics run through the battlefield with the ability to revive health, or the engineer can boost your weapon, etc. Also, cussing is a horrible problem, today i played the game and heard s--t, ba---rd, Go-da-n, b---h, and a-s. Parents of kids 13 and under do NOT get them this game!!!

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrensha March 29, 2013

good game

no sex, only one character smokes a cigar, no swearing, good plot (story), no sex,

Kid, 10 years old October 6, 2012

be warned

i wanted this game for a long time I rented it from red box and played it it was fun for a while but it started to get old it is very bloody and disturbing I thought it wasnt that bad then I got it for christmas it was a awesome gift. they have one saying wen you are on a boss battle wen it is loading the anouncer says "if you do this corectly we will have him by the balls" so that is as bad as it gets. so check my assassins creed and halo reach video more coming out soon they are all called be warned

Teen, 15 years old Written byArkzone148 September 15, 2012

Slightly Disappointing for FPS fans.

First off, in my opinion, this isn't one of the better choices for you if you are a gamer interested in First Person Shooters. The graphics are below average, as is the gameplay, there isnt enought choice in weapons, and the campaign is absolutely terrible. But some things you may like about the game are the many customizeable features of your character, and pretty good online play. Brink is a pretty violent game. There is, of course, shooting, resulting in blood spurting from the victim, and you have the ability to hit your enemy to the ground with your gun, and blow them up with grenades or turrets. You can also kill a prone or injured enemy. The language is not too bad and is pretty infrequent. Overall, brink is pretty disappointing game to First Person Shooter fans, and I think its suitable for kids 13 and up, maybe 12 and up, depending on the kid.

Kid, 12 years old September 8, 2012

Kinda fun game, but not for little kids.

Brink is a good shooter, and even though its very short younger teens will probably like it. It is pretty violent though, and there is also tons of blood every time you shoot someone. There isn't a ton of language, but i've heard sh-t and b-stard once or twice, and if they were used a few more times Brink would have been M rated.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymr bannana September 6, 2012

awesome game.9+s

this game is awesome. the game is nothing bad. you do here sometimes language and if you shoot a monster, yeah theres a little blood. but nothing serious for 9 and ups.

Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2012

Brink is fun, but it could have been better.

Brink is a good game, with good graphics and awesome character customization, but it is way too short. It is ok for 12 and up, but anyone under 10 should not play or watch it. There is lots of blood, and they don't swear a ton but when they do it is stuff like s--- or b------. I would reccomend it to anyone who likes shooters.

Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2012

Brink is really fun, but bloodier than most other T games.

Brink is one of the best shooters ever, in my opinion. It s easy to get the hang of, there is tons of character and weapon customization, and the missions are really fun. Its violent, but no worse than most other T rated games. There is quite a bit of blood though. It doesnt use bad language except for in a few cutscenes, and its nothing horrible, jus hell or b-st--d. I highly reccomend Brink.