Parent reviews for Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Gory WWII shooter doesn't stand out in genre.

Adult Written bySam M. November 19, 2017

Not much different from predecessor.

Gameplay is the same, yet there is more locale variety. *Note that gore can be deactivated*
The game is considerabley gorier and more gratuitous. Specifically how slow mo cams excentuate the carnage (can be turned off too). This sadism is probably to appease Gears of War players of the time. If you turn off the slow mo cam this can be lowered to a 16. Why 17 instead of 18 otherwise? I guess im just soft on historical violence. Blood splashed and splaters are very large, dismemberment is detailed and doesnt stop at limbs but at bisected torsos and half blasted off heads with visible skull an brainmatter along with blood. Several scripted scenes of gore including a sniper who falls and bursts open on the ground gruesomely and a house full of torn apart bodies with viscera abound (possibly a PTSD hallucination). F words and some C words have notable presence but arent constant.
Adult Written byCOOL-REVIEW March 20, 2012

A COOL GAME

This game is a good game with lots of action in it.
Their is no nudity, no drugs and other stuffs like that.
You are in WWII with lots of explosion and fires ...
Their is not too much blood. I think you can buy this game for a boy that's 12 and up ! :)

Parent of a 1 and 4-year-old Written bykcgunesq December 16, 2011

Great, Historical, Tactical Shooter

At least on the Xbox version, menu settings allow the user to turn off objectionable language and the bloodiest parts. I've routinely played this with my preschoolers in the room, and my age rating is based upon having the foul language turned off.

What I love:

Historical basis and accuracy; Tactics are important. Spray and pray will get you killed, fast; Good story. Overall game play.

What I hate:

The "expert" or "hard" level is almost unplayable due to difficulty in sighting the weapons.

Overall, an excellent historical tactical shooter. I can't wait for a sequel.

Parent of a 11 and 15-year-old Written byCeltic1962 April 20, 2011

Parent of a 12-year-old Written byisaac4christ January 20, 2011

good for teens

very good game but bloody i got it for my son for his birthday because he played the demo and u can turn off the language he LOVED it!!!
Parent of a 13-year-old Written by2333 December 29, 2010

awesome

love it

Adult Written byFiggy66 July 25, 2010

Ok for 11 and up

Pretty good game alot of gore buit into it though sniper rifles will take off heads and make chunks fly everywhere alot of dismemberment.

Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom July 10, 2010

A very deep and mature game.

I absolutely love this game, More than CoD 5. Unfortunately my disk went missing so I'll give Y'all a review. This is a very violent game to start off, Its very deep into world war 2. Its very gory too with lots of dismemberment. There is some language in this too. With F-BOMBS! But the thing that makes this game is the humour. Its hilarious the relationship between the soldiers. Its putting through a great message. Like this quote
"If it screams, shoot it. If it screams in German, Shoot it again" Its just a great relationship between tghem. Good game. Try it out. But its not for kids.

Adult Written bycallofduty5 January 3, 2010
a violent shooting game with historical education
i only care about the violence
so i suggest that persons of 15 years should play this game

Adult Written bymooseman July 2, 2009

Safe for older teens, depending on how sensitive they are to violence

It's a very fun game that requires leadership and teamwork to win. you have to utilize your squad and their abilities for you to win the game. The game is very gorey. Limbs are blown off, headshots typically leave the body with large holes in the skull with somewhat noticeable brain matter or in some cases partial decapitation leaving only the jaw behind. the gore can be turned off. Language is prominent, but not gratuitous. there is one sexual joke in which a soldier says to the player who is standing up after getting knocked down, "you spend more time on your back than Paddocks sister." but that's about it. as for the quality, the gameplay is fun and approachable, story telling is amazing and comparable to band of brothers, voice acting is fantastic, and the graphics are greatly detailed.

Adult Written byDur May 29, 2009

Brothers in arms hells highway what ages?

Well i just bought my son B:HH(Brothers in arms hells highway ) and he seems to really enjoy it but after two day I saw how much gore there was and mature speaking. Now I took the game away a bit and did some research and found out about the mature setting on the game where you can turn off the mature gore and speaking. After that I have approved that my 12 year old son can play B:HH(Brothers in arms hells highway )
Adult Written byvader123 January 3, 2009

great game a little like cod5

this game is a bloody historical its just like cod5 i have 3 kids and 1 is 12 and he can play this game