Kid reviews for Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Gory WWII shooter doesn't stand out in genre.

Kid, 10 years old November 23, 2013

Brothers In Arms HH Review

Ok, let's start off with the gore and language. The gore can be turned off in the options menu see (gameplay) and is safe for kids like me I'm 10 btw and the language is bad but I can barely hear it because of the gunfire. The soldiers do swear when they go down but only sometimes. 5 stars for this game REALLY REALLY good. The gore is very bad when on like limbs torn of bullet holes and a lot of blood.
Teen, 13 years old Written byListen to my comment April 11, 2013

okay game for 12 and up.

Okay the gore is bad but you can turn it off along with the blood. same with language. But if you turn of the language it will only do that with cut seen during combat language will still be used but you can turn off voices in the settings so you can not hear the language and you do not need to here what they say to beat the game. This game shows how bad war is by putting in dieing comrades and war trauma to the hero of the game. No one plays online so no problem with that. And that's about it. Oh it does zoom in with head shots and large grenade kills but all you see is (if you have blood and gore off) flying bodies or a falling one.

Teen, 15 years old Written byEmpfire September 29, 2012

Great game!

VIOLENCE: Bloody and violent shooter. Can have gore if you use grenades and sometimes with headshots
SEX: One kiss scene which isn't bad at all
LANGUAGE: Heavy amount of cussing can be turned off on the PC i'm not sure with the game systems (except the H-E-L-L)

Teen, 16 years old Written byguitarkid21 June 10, 2012

brothers in arms

this game is awesome!! it has a great story and awesome action sequences. my favorite thing about this game is that you can turn the mature language and blood and gore off. a truly awesome game

Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2012

Great game to much gore

this is one of the best games i have ever played and i'm saying this in 2012 which means a lot. this is over the top with gore but it can be turn off along with the swearing but the gore is some times applied in cut scenes. it has a great story and really gets you attached to the characters. one of my favorite things about this game is how you have to think about what move to make next and command a squad.

Kid, 12 years old December 15, 2011

Its safe

This game is okay for kids because you can turn the gore and language off.

Teen, 17 years old Written byjgsaw August 20, 2010
the soldiers all have a good laugh you use tactics to kill the Nazis
and it teaches you about operation market garden. limbs and body
parts fly of and can seen in the battle field

Teen, 17 years old Written byzach1011 August 6, 2010

not that bad

very good game. gore and languge can be turned off

Teen, 16 years old Written byhalo 6 July 18, 2010

----------------

great game!

Teen, 15 years old Written byEricoz April 29, 2010
I haven't played this game yet but I've seen gameplay. Not too bloody compared to most M rated games, but still fairly violent.
I think this game is ok for a mature 12 year old who can handle the violence. This game is sort of like COD5, and it is strategy, so you have to use your brain!

Teen, 14 years old Written byWW2_Champ April 24, 2010

Kids age 10 should be alowed to play any game they want

The game is the best parents should stop being stressy and let their kids have fun while they can! WW2 happend and your kids are gonna learn about sooner or later

Teen, 13 years old Written byAscari January 31, 2010
Very Good

Teen, 14 years old Written byjoshandy October 21, 2009

Great looking!

A great looking WWII shooter that is extra bloody.

If you get a headshot or hit someone with granades, it goes into slow motion and shows it in graphic form. (granades and large explosions have bloody affects like people getting blown in half and blood flies everywhere)(someone is seen with his intestins all over the ground and is very gross and graphic)

Teen, 14 years old Written byDomn June 25, 2009
Brothers in arms is a very historical game. This game made me want to research more on world war 2 which is a good thing. First of all this game is violent. It is normal to see people get ripped to shreds int his game or see people getting there head shot in a gory image. This game does show what war was probaly like to these heroes of world war 2. The game faces problems and drama that all have to do with how the war effects people. Overall this game is violent but it has a excellent story and shows how war is.

Teen, 14 years old Written byRyukGodOfDeath April 18, 2009

Grusem,swears alot but it is quite funny!

Great game, yeah, its quite gory with Slow-mo headshots and parts all over the place but i found it funny!
In one of the 1st scenes, The main charictor crashes his jeep and he needs to explain to his leader. But his crew behind him are making funny noises and saying things like "Oh no, take cover" and "Oh no, its going to explode, oh no! no no noooo!"
So it made me giggle.
Me and my dad play on it alot together and personly dont think its as bad as everybody is saying! 12+ from me!
Kid, 12 years old January 30, 2009

alright

the game is pretty good overall.the game says the f-word 5 or 6 times.the gore isnt like gears of war but it could intense
Teen, 15 years old Written bygearsxxaddict12 January 7, 2009

Explicit, Graphic, and not a very good all around game.

The game's title gives it all away. As you deal with constant waves of enemies, you will encounter graphic depictions of severed limbs, half blown off heads and other gore. The game will actually go into slow motion as your enemies are ripped apart by grenades and other explosives.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylax4christ November 13, 2008

Liked it

Personally, I loved this game. The squad mechanics and tactics actually made me think through my actions, as I tried to save the lives of my fellow soldiers. This sets Brothers in Arms appart from other games, since you can't run-and-gun mowin down hordes of enemies.
That said, this game is definately a mature game. The player has to shoot and kill many enemy soldiers to complete their objectives. Bodies fly because of explosions, and there is alot of graphic blood in many of the cut scenes. I find the kill cam disgusting with its spew of blood and limbs being blown off. There is also prevelant mature language. Luckily, you can turn off the language, kill cam, and gore in the options menu. That said, the game still focuses on killing and should only be played in small spurts. This game should only be played if you know your kid is mature to handle graphic sequences of combat, equal to those seen in Saving Private Ryan and other such movies.