Kid reviews for Bugsnax

Bugsnax Poster Image

It's pretty good

The game is fun, the only reason why I put it at 10 and up is because its a little scary for little kids I guess. The game is about catching these creatures called bugsnax, half bug, half snack, when the characters eats a bugsnax a part of there limb, leg, arm, head, Etc. turns into the food they ate, for example say you ate a strawberry bugsnax the lower arm would turn into strawberrys, later in the game at the end you find the person who discovered bugsnaxs but they say they found out that they are parasites taking control of you physically and mentally, physically because it changes a part of your limb into the food they are, mentally because they make you want more bugsnaxs because they are really good like all the characters said in the game. Personally I think this game is fun to play
1 person found this helpful.

basically a minor phycological horror game that accidentally became a kids game

so first off, 10/10 game its great and really fun, the educational parts about it for kids are: 2 lgbtq couples. dont get me wrong it has plenty of great features but its not for kids so its hard to list good thing for kids. anyway onto why your child should not play it, there are references to swear words "the world can suck an egg" and "zonk off sqeeb", almost a divorce and that used to hurt a character, in the form of "THATS WHY YOUR WIFE LEFT YOU WAMBUS", bugsnax are parasites taking over the world, characters can die, general community unrest, a character is a bully, and other reason. anyway good game, not for kids
1 person found this helpful.

Bugsnax is still horror game though

hello, my name is moth and i’m going to talk about bugsnax!! ok so first i give it a .5/10 for sex/ nudity. i have 100% completed bugsnax and there’s only one raunchy joke, it’s also in the tapes so it’s optional and obtainable from a side quest. with violence i give it a 3/10, you only fight food with googly eyes and there isn’t any gore. swearing is non existent in bugsnax being replaced with things like “oh grump”. there is no consumerism at all. from memory there is not substance use.

really cozy game with likeable characters, if you wonder there is like 2 homosexual couples and one has a conversation in how they 'made out', it's just a small line and from my interpretation of what making out is, they probably kissed or something. Two warnings, the game tangents with existential dread and some topics that a kid won't understand yety, but it won't confuse them. In the ending, they have to protect everyone, if they don't they disappear. Also one of the characters is mean but she calls herself out in the end

Xander it’s literally a cinnamon roll snail

not good for younger kids.

I would say this games its not for any of kids.Because there are some insult language like the words "stupid" and "omg" and that's all.

Surprisingly Decent

This game is very strange. Don’t get me wrong, I had a great time playing this game, as it has a fun storyline, and was very creative and interesting, however this game is targeted at little kids and yet it is surprising dark. For example, no spoilers, but you can make everyone die at the end. Plus there are Illuminati references which is strange, although it is not nearly as bad as it sounds. Overall though, it is pretty mild, and if you got it through PS Plus, I’d say you should at least give it a chance because I had a lot of fun with it!

Is this really for kids

Although it looks kid friendly there is obvious sexual innuendo and talk of cannibalism. I might let a 7 year old play it but probably for 10 year old's.

Terrible Twist

It looks fine, and it is, for the main part of the game. You play as a Grumpus, a Lorax-like creature, looking for Lisbert, and you have to gather Bugsnaxs, sentient pieces of fruit, vegetables, meat, candy, etc. you also have quests you get from the other Grumpus on the island, developing their personalities. That’s fine until you get to the final quest, the player is giving a warning that they can’t go back from this if they start the quest, and if they accept, it goes from being a cute gather Bugsnaxs experience and literally becomes apocalyptic, with the Grumpus you’d looking for looking like something right out of Resident Evil. They proceed to tell you that the Bugsnaxs you were feeding your friends are parasites, and that you should get of this island. You get back to the town to see that it’s now destroyed, and you have to do some fast action that the game has never prepared you for, and if you fail, you see your friends fall to pieces, dead. I let my younger siblings play this, thinking it was a peaceful Animal crossing-like game, and now they have nightmares, for they understood exactly what was going down.

Very Easy and Fun Game, Very Well Done, Great for Kids.

I think this game is a great one for any age. The only reason that i say 7+ is because my sister who is 6 plays other games like minecraft and she needed a little help but she at least had fun playing it. I would say if you are considering your kids playing it because of the contents, unless your kids are scared of a little bit of dumb and unrealistic drama, throw it ou the window. This game is fine for your kids. I would also suggest playingit with your kids if they are under 8 or 9. Realisticly, this is a short, fun, and easy game, but it has some puzzles and a little bit of a hard time picking up the way to do it at first. Otherwise, like i said, great game, perfect for kids 8-14+