All parent member reviews for Bully

Adult Written byPtotheMtotheJ November 21, 2009
This game is awesome. The story mode is pretty long and entertaining. There's lots of stuff to do and things to collect. The only issue parents could have with the game is that it is set in a realistic environment and includes violence and language which kids can imitate. I would recommend this game for older teens. Kids would imitate the things they see in the game.
Adult Written byStormLordOfAllParent February 18, 2015

Be Careful

When I heard about the premise of this game I was a bit on the worried side. I thought that this game had some messages that I wouldn't want my kids to hear. However, after watching the gameplay of bully I relaxed a bit. My kids did not start thinking that they should start beating up the kids at school. They just saw it as a fun "open world" game. Although it is a bit iffy at times, what with all the kissing and some other actions like that. My kids just loved how they get to play as a kid in a video game for once. You may think that eleven is a bit young to let play this game, but kids know a lot more than you may think they do. Just know your kid before letting them get Bully, and you will be fine.
Adult Written byNate R December 25, 2015

Game is Awesome!

Everybody says Bully is GTA for kids, but that is not true! Unlike GTA, the game can make you lose if you attack authority, or people in general. There is some bad stuff in the game though, like a pervert gym teacher who makes you sneak into the girl's dorm and get their panties, and there is some drinking, (in the Christmas part of the game, you do many missions with a hobo Santa Claus who always has a beer bottle in his hand, except when he is around small children in one mission.) and minor language. (B**ch is as bad as it gets, no s**t or f**k) And there is also a way to kiss girls, and boys, but you will have to look online for that, because there is only one specific boy that is possible to kiss. Jimmy can also be a good role model for standing your ground and fighting for good and peace for the school. (The name "Bully" is sort of misleading.) And there is plenty of the word "balls" in the game, and a mission where you have to urinate in the Jock's drink jug, but it does not show anything innapropriate. There is also some learning in the game, like when you get rewarded for doing good in classes. (In math class, you actually have to do some math to pass it, and geography class, where you can learn where some states are in the world.)
Parent Written bydeadpeashooter12 July 11, 2015

its a little inopropriate

bully is very violent i think it should of had drug refrences because a hobo ask if you have any drugs the sex is sometimes when you kiss your guy will say wanna make love. the curse words are a** d*** c***
Adult Written bydylanb1 November 9, 2014

Bullly is a pretty good game! dont worry!

I think this game is fun, you can go to classes for education, and rome the town and do some bad things but overall its not a bad game at all! 3 levels that i counted had little bits of ''intresting'' stuff but its a good game. and people get mixed up about this all the time, the player is not the bully, you ate the person that stands up to the bully's!
Parent Written bySagatiaej August 2, 2013

Good game. Not for children under 14.

There is sexual content, verbal and psychological aggress, language vulgarity,consumerism, drinking, drugs, smoking, unhealthy eating (vending machines with energy drinks), safety issues with behavior, no consequences for bad behavior.. In fact there is positive reinforcement for bad behavior, negative messages on the wrong way or violent way to deal with bullying which an overall major problem in our schools today, a horrible role model, and mass physical violence. Definately not for kids but fun for people who can separate what is ok in fantasy but shouldn't be used in real life. What I like about it is the lack of prejudice and ignorance for a bisexual protagonist. He dates both male and female. I think it's great to teach kids that people's differences are ok and that sexuality isn't that big of a deal. I also think that for older children who have aggressive tendencies or anger issues that it can be used as a venting tool instead of taking out anger and violence on real people. Gaming after all doesn't hurt people. Behavior can hurt people. I think ever child is different. It's up to each individual parent to decide what their child is able to handle responsibly.
Parent of a 4, 6, 9, 9, 13, and 15 year old Written byps3yoface July 12, 2013

bully

being the father of a 13 year old boy, this game is not nearly as bad as you think it would be. I know the first thing that will come to your head when you hear the video game title Bully. Will my child become a bully? Most definitely not. Believe it or not. there are many positive role models in this game in terms of nerdy kids getting picked on,
Adult Written byTim Rawlinson February 11, 2013

Best game on PS2

This game isn't graphic or bad in it's violence. The fight scenes are nothing worse than SNES style beatdowns and you do get punished for bad behavior. There are no overly scary scenes and I would recommend it for ages 12 and up as the game is a slow moving RPG with some mild violence and sexual themes. You steal panties from the girls dorm for a teacher in one mission and that's as bad as it gets. The story is positive and the message learnt at the end is a good moral. Mild slap sticky violence (if you can call it that) with a few hyper fight scenes , with no blood. Great game!
Parent Written bymegastaraxe December 14, 2012

?

these people cant make a game under 14+ aparently first they make gta M+ for nudity strong sexual content strong language blood and gore and drug and alcohol use then they bring you midnight club rated T+ for srong language and suggestive themes then max payne 3 rated M+ for nudity strong sexual content strong language blood and gore and drug and alcohol use this is probaly the most appropreite game they are EVER!! going to make and its based on bullying and violence and language If you ask me nobody under 18+ should play gta (well to be honest I don't like anybody playing gta and I feel really sad for the people who do like this game) or max payne and nobody under 14+ should play bully. seriosly rockstar games learn from activsion to not only make M+ games
Parent Written byjb93 February 13, 2012

game on

i being a 19 year old, was young when this game surfaced. Now unlike some children i had a head on my shoulders and knew right from wrong. This game while violent throughout most of the game play can in most senses teach kids how to be a true friend, Example: this game you are portrayed as a kind of bully but you can also keep the real bullies in the game from hurting other people such as younger kids. In my opinion this game teaches morals, i feel every child should be allowed to play this game although need to be talked to before hand if 10 or younger i feel this is a fantastic game for all ages and its loads of family fun
Adult Written bycoughedmaracas January 31, 2012

Simply the best there is.

Now, Bully is an important game to me. On the surface, it seems like the typical no-nonsense dubious sandbox type of game that Rockstar makes, but deep down, it has a beautiful plot line and things included as part of the gameplay that isn't on other games. Yes, it is violent, has a bit of bad language, with perverse parts. So, I would not recommend this for anyone under the age of perhaps thirteen to fifteen. But, if one is at the appropriate age for this game, I would sincerely tell them to play it. The main theme of the game is standing up for underdogs. Sticking up for those who cannot defend themselves. Jimmy, has loose morals, yes, but he's quick to help those who ask, though a bit grudgingly. He's the perfect everykid. He has faults; he is not perfect. He's a bit unreliable and easily swayed and gets arrogant when deemed popular. But, that is something that people can relate to. Oh, wow, I am digressing a bit. Another thing that I really enjoyed about this game and is the sole petty reason my little thirteen year old self bought it was because of the option the player had to either kiss females or males. I just feel that this is a step toward showing that other sexualities besides the "typical" heterosexuality is A-OK. In-game its not treated as anything big and it doesn't really affect the main story but its just a nice little side thing. To sum up my review, its a beautifully woven game with a bit of dubious content.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bysuanncole March 1, 2010

e.g. Perfect for teens, not for the 8 and under

Parent of a 13 year old Written bytrustedreviewman February 12, 2010

Great for kids

My son got this game about a month ago,the only rule was I had to beat the mission on my memory card before he does so I knew what what he was doing and if I should take it back. My son is thirteen and he loves it, I love it and it's age appropriate. The violence is something your kids might see at school, or at least the fist fights are, baseball bats and slingshots probably aren't seen at your kids school. The sex is just kissing and a wacky gym teacher, If you let your kids see PG-13 comedies then the sex is the least of your concerns. The language is not that bad, a moderate amount of swearing but a ton of teasing. There are bad role models because the whole game revolves around bullying. There is great educational values because of the class minigames. It is very easy to play too.
Adult Written byunwisedebra April 9, 2008
Adult Written byPal101 April 9, 2008

I only put T because there is no E10+ choice

This is not that bad at all. Screw Jack Thompsan its not Colobine simulator.
Adult Written byGTAplaya April 9, 2008

nice

this game is very violent and if there was blood with all the other stuff then this wood have been AO but very fun game
Adult Written byrdv128k April 9, 2008

Not as bad as it sounds

The game starts with quite a bad reputation, because of the other, more violent games the Rockstar produces, but any violence is comical and minor. As long as your child isn't really immature, and can realize that it is just a game, i would recommend it.
Adult Written byReitrenner April 9, 2008