Kid reviews for Bully

Intimidation game in a high school setting.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySAMURAI 23 August 24, 2021
I think bully is a funny perspective of a typical American High school and the gameplay is not brutal or gory. There is alot to do school wise in the game. Personally i think it's one of rockstars best games ever made. It has light cussing but it's not that bad it's stuff like "what the heck bro" "Screw you man". But overall I would let an 11 year old play this

Teen, 13 years old Written byjoshuabonifac June 3, 2021

This Game & it’s scholarship edition is perfect for Tweens & Teens who are too young to play GTA Despite it’s M Rating

I know I would Play GTA That My Grandma’s son would have on his PS5 & I would play that while for GTA There’s lots of inappropriate stuff in this game but for Bully it doesn’t have that much they’re both made by Rockstar Games but for Bully it’s perfect for tweens & teens who are too young to Play GTA Despite it’s M Rating or are sensitive to iffy stuff from GTA & like I said it’s made by Rockstar Games It’s even less inappropriate for GTA So Perfect For Tweens & Teens who are too young to play GTA.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlexanderlam May 31, 2021

ok for teen But funny

it’s not that Bad is a cult not good game
Kid, 12 years old March 3, 2021

Not as bad as the title suggests!

Bully is a 2006 game by Rockstar Games, the same people who made the Grand Theft Auto series and the Red Dead Redemption series. Now, that might make you worried, but Bully is not as mature as GTA or RDR. The title probably has you worried, too, but this game is NOT pro-bullying. The storyline goes as follows: Jimmy Hopkins, the main protagonist, is sent to Bullworth Academy, a boarding school, and immediately finds out that the teachers and students are ignorant and cruel. He has to fight in self-defence, standing up for himself and his friends.
There is a bit of swearing, and some mature themes, but nothing that kids won’t have seen or heard in school or on TV.
Also, in some places, the game’s title was changed to Canis Canem Edit (Latin for Dog eats Dog). I was trying to find it on the PlayStation Store, but I couldn’t find it until I searched Rockstar Games.

Hope this helps! :)

Teen, 13 years old Written byLeonvol January 25, 2021

School fights

This game is actually funny to play the story Isn’t That well like most of rockstar games but it has a good gameplay that is really funny to play, and you actually going too school and the teacher lean you about things But the game is much more fun than go to real school
Teen, 15 years old Written byBrad Jusqito January 22, 2021

Awesome!

I’ve played this game so many times and even though it was made in 2006 it stills hold up today.

Teen, 14 years old Written byActionMovieGuy January 14, 2021

One of the best Rockstar game out there!!

Everyone loves bully. And it is truly amazing. You can be mean or nice. In the game you aren't really even a bully. You can be if you want. The violence is anything violent. Punching and pushing. Language isn't bad very infrequent. The sex isn't bad you can make out with girl and do other mean stuff but other than than it is a amazing game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byeli__14 September 13, 2020

Good game for a kid 11 and up

This is a good game but no for children under 10 or 11 it has bad language as gd sh** and d bag and lots of billing and fighting
Teen, 17 years old Written byJohn A. April 3, 2020

Rated 15 (frequent violence & intimidation, imitable behaviour).

SEX/NUDITY - Some casual sexual innuendo, as well as the ability to "make out" with other female students, although this has no overt sexual detail. VIOLENCE/GORE - There is frequent violence, as your character engages in fights with other students; such scenes include punching, kicking, as well as use of basic weapons such as slingshots and fire extinguishers. There is also some imitable and potentially dangerous actions depicted throughout, such as your character throwing heavy objects at other characters, as well as using small fireworks as a means to cause harm to others. Furthermore, your character has the potential to intimidate and embarrass others after he fights with them. Although quite strong in tone, the violence never results in injury or sight of blood. PROFANITY - Occasional moderate language ("b*tch", "wh*re", "b*stard", "sl*t"). There is also some potentially offensive remarks ("she's more man than you are"). DRINKING/DRUGS/SMOKING - Some images of smoking, and infrequent mild drug references. THREAT/HORROR - Some moments of intensity, as well as some mild threat.

15 - Suitable only for persons aged 15 years and over. Contains strong content, and is not recommended for playing by any person below the age of 15.

Teen, 17 years old Written bygabe_derp February 3, 2020

A game you really shouldn’t take at face value.

The title “Bully” is a bit misleading for a game like this.

This game was developed by Rockstar Vancouver and published by Rockstar in 2006. Cautious parents will realize this is the same company who makes the infamous Grand Theft Auto series. Now, before you rush to unfortunate comparisons between the two games, there’s things you have to consider.

One, I wouldn’t recommend this game for younger audiences. It is a “mature” game in a sense, make no mistake. But there is no explicit blood, sex, or drug doing of the sort. What there REALLY is, is comic violence, kissing and mild suggestive themes, adults drinking and smoking (the main character never partakes), stealing, trespassing, vandalism, and infrequent swearing (b**ch, sl*t, and a** are used here and there). But to be honest, if you’d let your kid watch Grease, you should let them play this game. If anything, something like Grease is more explicit than this game.

Two, like GTA, this game takes place in an open world setting. The player controls a 15-year old juvenile delinquent forced to go to a boarding academy. The game takes place mostly in said academy, but the game later expands to the surrounding town. Also like GTA, if you commit crimes you will actively be pursued and punished by authority. These crimes include vandalism, trespassing, fighting, stealing, truancy, and violating curfew. Yes, this game requires the player to keep in a schedule while progressing through the main story. Going to and passing classes is something the game expects of you, and skipping class will have consequences if you’re seen by a school official or a police officer. Sexual themes get as intense as kissing, taking out-of-context pictures of a cheerleader, and stealing panties from a locker because a gym teacher forgot to do laundry (no joke). Several weapons can be used throughout the game, like slingshots, stink bombs, firecrackers, baseball bats, and other juvenile tools such as “itching powder” and marbles that characters can trip on. The closest thing to a gun this game has is a potato launcher. Characters can be knocked out, but there is no blood or death present in the game at all. It is basically glorified cartoon violence. The character trespasses on private property at some points in the game. Vandalism and stealing is present, the worst it gets is smashing windows, graffiti, and stealing bikes. There are in-game shops that let the character buy new clothes, gifts, and materials but the character gets a large payout at the end of nearly every mission. It is almost impossible to run out of money in this game.

Three, despite all of this, “Bully” is the tale of a kid who’s had enough of doing bad things and uses his skills to help those who need help. One common trope throughout the game is helping “nerds” defend themselves from “jocks”, and turning the tables on the actual bullies who go to the school. The player goes against several cliques and their leaders to stop them from terrorizing those beneath them (and stops a riot or two). Overall, the games sends a well-meaning message to those who play it. Although Bully definitely has a jagged, mature edge to it that makes it unsuitable for younger audiences, it’s perfect for teens. Trust me parents, your teens already know about every theme Bully brings up. It’s suitable for them, almost even feels like it was meant for teens. However, that doesn’t stop the game from being really enjoyable. Aside from the main story, there’s collectibles to find, jobs to take up, bike races to participate in, errands to do, and a whole carnival to play in. The game balances the player’s responsibilities and extra activities very nicely, making said activities rapidly accessible while not taking up too much time. Your character always has access to a skateboard, making traversing the map really fun and fast. The combat is way deeper than you’d imagine, being able to chain different combos together and use different moves. The main story is really something, having a few great missions that will really entertain the average player. The only thing that holds this game back is it’s age, but then again, every thing but it’s graphics have aged perfectly.

TL;DR: A fun GTA-like game suitable for teens that takes place in a school. You fight bullies and do a few questionable things on the way, but it’s nothing you don’t see on daytime television.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJayLay67 August 2, 2019

Not Too Violent

Bully Is Violent But Not As Violent as The Grand Theft Auto Series

Teen, 14 years old Written byGamersnews32 June 4, 2019

Fun school sim, but doesn't quite live up to my expectations.

I cannot make up my mind with this game. The game doesn't live up to my expectations, and is honestly fun. Violence is frequent. You beat up other school students, with fists, sometimes slingshots and even a baseball bat. No blood is present. Language is crude and mildly strong. Sexuality is slightly present. Students kiss, and there is homosexual students that kiss.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheHumancheeze August 20, 2018

Amazing

This is a great game for little kids. It is a great story about standing up to the bullies. Although he is fighting bullying by bullying I still think it has a very good message in it. Although there is some swearing it is very small not very bad words. I played this game when I was 5 or 6 and I didnt see jimmy hopkins as a menace I saw him as a hero and I looked up to him because he was fighting back. On the levels like panty raid which asks you to go into the girls dorm to collect panties for the perverted gym teacher I didn't know what was going on so I was fine. I think this is a great game for kids to play and it is so underated.

Teen, 15 years old Written bykuniknife the primal May 14, 2018

2006 highschool simulator

Bully is a game made by rockstar filled with some edgy content but it is not excessive or explicit. On the topic of violence you can use bats, garbage can lids, fire extinguishers, slingshots, stud guns, stink bombs, and your own fists to fight NPC’s. There is very mild blood shown, only bloody noses and bruises. As for language damn, hell, ass, jerk, punk, and other antagonistic words are used. However it is very mild and not to graphic. Sexual content doesn’t go beyond brief kissing and sexual remarks. Lastly bully features no drug use but you can see adults drinking and smoking, but you cannot engage in such acts. My rating...

T-Teen Age 13+
Violence
Mild blood
Mild language
Sexual themes
Tobacco and alcohol reference

Kid, 8 years old June 22, 2017

Why you should find a better game for your 5-year olds

It does have bullying, yes - the clue is in it's name. But it encourages people to stand up to themselves, that's what the characters do. Some of the people are kind, while others are rude, it really depends on their clique. It also offers a tutorial for absolute beginners so it is easy. You can get weapons, but no guns and nothing bloody. You can kiss characters, but nothing rude. There is swearing, yes - but it's infrequant but players will hear insults. It is expensive but this is a singleplayer game. There is an old man who drinks beer. Parents shouldn't worry about privacy, it is alright.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWatchaDu June 19, 2017

DON'T BE TRICKED BY THE GAMES NAME

In this game players control a boy named Jimmy who, despite the name is NOT a bully. He is put into a school filled with unpleasant characters such as bullies and must stop the school from falling out with it's self by uniting nerds, bullies and jocks along their journey. If your child wants to play GTA but you feel they are to young as this game is like GTA but in a school setting, so with things like spud guns and eggs instead of guns.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBdanTheMan123 April 1, 2017

Great game

A great alternative for GTA. Also both made by Rockstar Games. Lots of
violence and a large map.Players may wear pants, vests and dunce hats.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylincolnlog March 13, 2017

Classic Rockstar genius

This game is amazing for its time. If you are concerned, no decisions are forced upon the player. Do you want to kiss someone? Yes or no? Kissing is accepted by authorities. If you are concerned about your child seeing kissing, you have mental issues. It is a bodily function. Violence is prohibited by the teacher NPCs. Great game overall!
Kid, 12 years old February 6, 2017

Outstanding game

I really just love this game. The graphics are dated but the gameplay makes over it. There is no dangerous weapons just slingshots mainly. There is no positive role model though.
Kid, 12 years old August 22, 2016

Not as bad as you think

This game is not as bad as you think. The missions are exciting, and for the most part, easy! I do want you to know, there is SOME sexual content. You can make out with girls, pinch their butts, but that's about it. A guy in town does also reference a stripper, but you probably won't notice. You can beat people up, but you don't have to. Now onto the storyline: You're Jimmy Hopkins, a 15 year old who has been expelled from any school halfway decent. You end up at Bullworth Academy, the worst school in the country. You first meet two people: Pete Kowalski, and Gary Smith. Gary is a mean egomaniac and he wants to take over the school. He tries to get you on his side to help him with the task. I will reveal a little SPOILER ALERT: Gary does betray you soon in the story. That's all I will say. Buy this game. All in all, I think this is a great game that isn't very inappropriate. 10/10!