Kid reviews for Bully

Intimidation game in a high school setting.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymaglev581 January 2, 2011

GTA for kids

Great game, just as long as kids can handle it and not emulate it in the real world. The "bullying" is no worse than what occurs in a typical high school, and the violence is nowhere near as graphic as Grand Theft Auto, there are no guns, no blood and no killing. Beating up adults, children, police or girls results in serious in-game punishment. The sexual content consists of a perverted gym teacher asking your character to go on a panty raid, kissing girls and kissing certain boys (although this is not required, and difficult to do unless you look up how). Drugs are not really featured, but there is alcohol and tobacco used by other characters in the game. Also, a homeless man abuses medical drugs. Language is not really an issue, "b***h" and "pr*ck" are about as bad as it gets.

Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2015

perfect for 8 and up

It's a very good game with a lot of educational content and good role models some swearing but not near as bad as a typical schoolkid with some violence but no blood or gore.There is a boy who boasted once early on about his problems which he included A.D.D and life an alcoholic teacher who (with your help overcomes his alcoholism)And a peverted gym techer who tasks you with sneaking into the girls dorm and stealing panties.On one mission you will be tasked with delivering what you think to be drugs but during a cutscene it will reveal that it was hair growth.The kissing is fairly comic and is more relaxed than a PG romcom.There are stereotypes and some not great role models but your quest to be the good guy is always good.It is fine for anyone I think 7 and over for a T rating is very unorthodox and is fine and should be PG and does do good for standing up to bullies and being the good guy

Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2015

Not a bullyinh sim...

It's not a bully simulator. It's a great game about a boy who does some bad things, but is all around trying to help. (Think of a fifteen year old Bart Simpson) You have the option to beat up other students, but you only ever have to beat up bullies. You can commit various small crimes like graffiti or riding bikes without a helmet, but you can't kill anyone. Some moderate sexual references, one teacher is implied to be a pedophile, a girl is referred to as a slut, and some other mild stuff. In my opinion "kissing another boy" is not an issue, preventing children from seeing a game with gays in it is pretty much homophobia. All up I actually would recommend this for kids to play, it's a good alternative for parents who don't like their kids playing GTA.

Teen, 16 years old Written byExisTheGamer September 7, 2015

One of the best games for older children

If you are reading this, I thank you, but more to the point, Bully, what should it be rated? I think 12 because while the can may contain very mild launguage, the game can be relatable to children in a school, and, as a gamer and schollar, I very much enjoyed the game because it is all I ever wanted in a game: An open world, relatable, funny and most of all, enjoyable game. The story is very good, a few odd references to other movies / games, (e.g It's a trap!) and also a nice touch, interactivity; you can chose what kind of group you want to be around. If you have read this much, again, thank you. But Bully, I think, as a gamer, was a little unfairly rated and given a harsh rating for the type of game it was. Thank you for reading.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDanielOwns October 27, 2009

Great game Not that Violent and no really Bad swear words

Great Game no Blood but can Be violent The worst words it says would be... JackA*s, B*sterd, B*tch, P*ick Nothing worse then that though. If your kids nagging you to let them buy it Id say yes if there over 10+ Also can be Educational.

Educational Value
Kid, 11 years old March 28, 2016

Ugh.

bully is a game i've borrowed and played from a friends house. this game promotes bullying but can be a stress reliever for tweens and teens, but i mostly want to talk about the quality, since i stated it is only for 10 and up. the gameplay and graphics and controls are fine, but the story is what makes me hate it. it ruins the game. a mom gets a new boyfriend after a teens dad dies. the teen is not happy with this, and calls the guy names. the mom gets tired of it and drops the teen off at a boarding school where he will get a few friends and bit more rivals. a mom that drops a kid off at a boarding school because he was calling someone names.... see what i mean?

Kid, 11 years old September 25, 2015

Violence, smoking, underage drinking, and sex including language

this game is set in a high school where fifteen year old Jimmy Hopkins want to rule it. his mission is to beat up the preps and bullies and kiss the girls. but this game has a lot of violence for being in a high school! some of the jocks are hit with bats, punched in the face, and sometimes sling shot from trees. also you can harass girls and make sexual remarks and also shove girls and boys in lockers. this game also features breaking car windows, being beat up by cops, and some illegal picture taking and drug usage. there is also quite a bit of strong language including B****, damn, hell, F***, S***, and a few uses of D**k and C**t. there is also sexual imagery. if u buy a girl roses or give her something sweet you will be rewarded with the girl using her legs and wrapping her legs and arms around you and kissing you, you are also seen thrusting a little and the girl is going "MMM"! you can also kiss guys and the guys will do the same thing. there is also smoking and u see kids drinking and using weed. this game is rated T i rate this game M-Mature 17+ some violence and blood including criminal activity destructive irresponsible actions sexual content drug tobacco and alcohol use and some sexual humor including brief nudity.

Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2015

Bully: The Game

While an older game (2006), bully is a welcome substitute for grand theft auto as it does not contain serious violence (murder, gunfights etc etc), sexually suggestive content ( you can participate in kissing both members of the opposite sex or the same) and contrary to the title, you are trying to stand up and liberate the school from bully's and bullying is mostly optional. And does not provide as much social commentary as grand theft auto. Parents, if your child wants grand theft auto but you feel they are not yet mature enough to handle the games content, bully is an excellent stopgap game.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDiscordzrocks July 4, 2015

A fun but swearing Gta for children

This game had fun story lines,good characters and funny jokes one of my favorites...just watch out for bitch,hell,damn,ass and awesome insults and he once took photos of naked shower girl so watch out

Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2015

Good for most kids

Teen, 15 years old Written bylincolnlog March 13, 2017

Classic Rockstar genius

This game is amazing for its time. If you are concerned, no decisions are forced upon the player. Do you want to kiss someone? Yes or no? Kissing is accepted by authorities. If you are concerned about your child seeing kissing, you have mental issues. It is a bodily function. Violence is prohibited by the teacher NPCs. Great game overall!
Kid, 12 years old August 22, 2016

Not as bad as you think

This game is not as bad as you think. The missions are exciting, and for the most part, easy! I do want you to know, there is SOME sexual content. You can make out with girls, pinch their butts, but that's about it. A guy in town does also reference a stripper, but you probably won't notice. You can beat people up, but you don't have to. Now onto the storyline: You're Jimmy Hopkins, a 15 year old who has been expelled from any school halfway decent. You end up at Bullworth Academy, the worst school in the country. You first meet two people: Pete Kowalski, and Gary Smith. Gary is a mean egomaniac and he wants to take over the school. He tries to get you on his side to help him with the task. I will reveal a little SPOILER ALERT: Gary does betray you soon in the story. That's all I will say. Buy this game. All in all, I think this is a great game that isn't very inappropriate. 10/10!

Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2010

Grrr...

Teen, 13 years old Written byAudiophile May 24, 2009

I had a very good time playing this.

The last mission is absolutely spectacular. It does promote vilence and pranking though seeing is that is all you really do in the game. But there is so much for each that you can't stop playing. Very good for those who are mature enough to play it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBatman321 September 8, 2015

not a bad game

definently a fun game from rockstar, and probably there least violent. would make a better movie about bullying for kids then the other movie, this one would be pg 13 automatically

Teen, 13 years old Written byambassador July 27, 2010

it is perfect for both older and younger kids

i think the bully game is good for children and adults

Kid, 12 years old February 6, 2017

Outstanding game

I really just love this game. The graphics are dated but the gameplay makes over it. There is no dangerous weapons just slingshots mainly. There is no positive role model though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTimStarz09 April 17, 2010

"Bully", Working Title: Anger Management

This game is one of the better PS2 games I've played, with beautiful graphics and settings, voice acting, and lighting. Of course, you won't notice any of these things. You'll be too busy delivering stolen chocolates, flipping off teachers, beating up bullies, and grabbing girl's butts to notice. "Bully" is a completely unrealistic high school setting, set in the worst school in the country, Bullworth Academy. Only the most disciplined children go there, and when he's kicked out of every other school his parents can find, Jimmy is sent there to kick some major you-know-what. Encountering countless missions in a free-roaming, girl-kissing, bully-punching, rock-throwing, chapter-headed, madness-filled game full of hilarity and insanity alike, "Bully" is the Grand Theft Auto of the teen generation.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheHumancheeze August 20, 2018

Amazing

This is a great game for little kids. It is a great story about standing up to the bullies. Although he is fighting bullying by bullying I still think it has a very good message in it. Although there is some swearing it is very small not very bad words. I played this game when I was 5 or 6 and I didnt see jimmy hopkins as a menace I saw him as a hero and I looked up to him because he was fighting back. On the levels like panty raid which asks you to go into the girls dorm to collect panties for the perverted gym teacher I didn't know what was going on so I was fine. I think this is a great game for kids to play and it is so underated.