All parent member reviews for Call of Duty 3

Parent of a 13 year old Written byhead shot July 14, 2010
Educator Written byMychemicalstinkpants April 16, 2011
Adult Written byA Person With C... March 3, 2010

Perhaps to Violent for Kids

This game is GREAT for kids just starting to play Call Of Duty. Great quality and even online multiplayer. The only concern is the language and blood. Try to keep this away from ages 11 or under. Thank you.
Parent Written byGrandTheftAutoV March 9, 2014

A well-made shooter, but kind of violent.

The first two are rated t, not m. Just check amazon and the esrb. This is good for 14 and up if they can handle violence and swearing.
Parent of a 11 and 14 year old Written byCaroline Sheehan December 8, 2012
LEARNING

Prepares your child for history class in some ways

There are very positive role models in this game. Characters are willing to sacrifice themselves for the well being of others. You child learns and plays through the after math of D-day. There is rarely any swearing and the only words heard are a** and d***. If your child can sit through a star wars movie then they should be okay with the violence and not be disturbed. My husband was a little shocked when I bought this game for my son and wanted to take it back to the store but after playing it with my son for a few hours he was okay with it.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byTheGman447 November 25, 2010

The last T rated Call Of Duy

This is an amazing Call Of Duty game, sadly the last one before it turned all adult M. this game, unlike the others, is good for teens. whenever you shoot somebody, its sort of a random chance that blood will come out. most of the time it doesn't but it does happen. if you pop a smoke gernade and then shoot somebody blood is seen more easy, but just a little bit. you can hit enemies with the butt of your gun, which sends them flying with no blood. you can blow people up with grenades and tanks and run them over with cars, but all without blood. language is heard throughout, such as"B--ch,h--l, a--, and frick ing. overall, this game is a great T rated first person shooter, and probably the last T rated Call Of Duty game ever.
Adult Written bygamenerd323 October 29, 2009

Best for older children, no little ones!

You play as brave soldiers who fight for a good cause. The game is edecatioal and a good call of duty. This really phused the envelop, this is about as bad as T gets! It could ave passed for M, they said f**k ounce and said a lot of dam*, sh*t, Oh my god, crap, hell, a*s, and more. There was some blood and you could set people on fire with ease.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byReal_Dad August 12, 2009

OK for older teens, Inappropriate for tweens or younger

The game industry has again placed parents of those younger than 16 in a tough position as "game cop" Yes, the game does recount the history of WWII. However, the first person shooter aspect is clearly inappropriate for those younger than 16. The game industry values profits over people.
Adult Written byjazzmaster13 February 15, 2009

An intense WWII FPS

This game is chalk full of violence and language. There are also conflicts and deaths within the group of protagonists which can add to the intensity of the game. There are close combat scenes, face to face confrontations and some disturbing images.
Parent Written bythe good guys July 8, 2012
LEARNING

not to repeat

if your kid is ok with not repeating the medium level swear words it is good for 12 and up.
Adult Written byzakatcha423 April 9, 2008

Great Educational Value, with exciting and realistic storyline

This game follows WWII exceptionally. The guns, the settings, the locations, the outfits. One feels as if they were watching and learning from a History Chanel special. I have learned so much, while defeating Germans in Europe. The game does involve shooting, but the violence and gore is very miniscule.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byrespnsiple mom March 29, 2011
Adult Written byKiernanSullivan January 18, 2016

Game too hard, easy to learn

This game is very dark (not as in evil) but you can barley see anything in night. Also, normal mode is hard for me to play, being an experienced player. Multiplayer is great and it is easy to learn to play. Mild swaring and no blood, but you still shoot people.
Adult Written byDrSpongebob December 16, 2009

Good Game For All

I am not going to lie, this game is a little violent. But let me assure allparents reading this that this game is good for anyone to handle. It is fun and it actually has a little bit of history thrown in so this isn't just a gasame it also has at least a little educational value.This game is one of the milder WW11 games. It also shows good role models because lots of people are good role models in this game. Even(I cant believe I'm saying this)the Germans had some role models. Look at the movie Valkyrie for instance WW11. This game is definitly OK for anyone at age 11.Lastly I just want to point out that I'm a big fan of this site. But this review sucks bad.
Parent of a 9, 12, 14, and 17 year old Written byESRB April 28, 2015

COD 3

No Blood or Gore. It's a fun shooter game. 3rd person is also available.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bymikeisawesome123 January 8, 2011

COD 3

This is a good game. One of my favorite in the series. It's a little educational, easy to play, and safe online. But the game is very violent. Including flashes of blood when hitting or shooting an enemy, and also language.
Adult Written byjimmy1692 April 9, 2008

Great game

Perfect first person shooter. I loved it! The graphics were incredible on my Xbox 360.
Adult Written byajgy April 9, 2008
Parent of a 2, 4, 12, and 17 year old Written byUnmenow2003 May 6, 2016

My kids love COD. They like it even more than Grand Theft Auto OR Assassin's Creed..

My kids love Call of Duty, and play it on their PS3. Their favorite game remains as Pokemon, though. I tried it once, and it was actually a pretty good game. I don't have any problems with my kids playing this game.