Parent reviews for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Poster Image

I say this from experience

Cod4 is a personal favorite of mine in the cod franchise, and I’m sure many would agree that it is a fantastic game that kickstarted the trend of modern fps games (or at least popularized it). Overall, anyone over the age of 13 will certainly be fine with the game, and anyone over the age of 9, should be fine, as long as they can handle or have played video games in the past (specifically shooters). The gore in the campaign is rather mild and blood hardly can be seen when shooting enemies. While bad language is present, moments like those are few and far between in the campaign. Only one instance of dismemberment is present, and can only been seen for a short amount of time (since the game was released in 2007 the detail is extremely cartoony so generally anyone shouldn’t worry about it). In terms of multiplayer, absolutely amazing and such a fun experience. Gore is even less present in the multiplayer too, might I add. Realistic graphics for 2007, Great story, Fantastic multiplayer, Overall a 9/10 for me.

Maturity.

Okay, Personally I think that CoD 4 is just fine for 9 and up. As long as they can handle it, of course. As long as they know that shooting people is wrong and not to repeat half the language in CoD their set. It's about Maturity. If your child can handle it, chances are its appropriate for them. I'd recommend this: Look into the game. Find some ratings. If you have a rough estimate, let your child play the game. If they don't show any negative side effects, chances are its good for them.

READ THIS BEFORE NOT LETTING YOUR KIDS PLAY THIS GAME!!!!!!

Call of duty 4 is the best call of duty there is in my opinion. I played this game when I was 12. And by then (if you have an older brother or sister) you have probably heard all the swear words and stuff. But if you are really worried about swearing, just turn down the volume. Also if your kids play halo this is totally fine! In fact I would say that halo is more violent than this game! Also the graphics aren’t the best so the blood is not noticeable at all. I had to record the game and slow it down frame by frame to see the blood! Also a lot of other kids age 10 to 11+ play this game. Also the only type of “drug use” I saw was one of the army guys smoking a cigar. Also commen sense Media over exaggerates everything. They make it sound awful and brutal. When it’s really not! If your kids have seen...... Halo and someone swear, this games is totally fine! I would recommend this game to ages 11+ Thank you for reading my review and I hoped it helped. Also one more thing.... sometimes it’s just based on your child’s maturity level

Where it all began

The campgain is good and tons of fun to play through, the characters are good and so is the story, the multiplayer is simple as well, but its extremely fun to play and to level up in, the maps are iconic and the bonus mission is hard yet rewarding when you finally beat it.

Great War shooter has violence.

If Call of Duty 4 was a film, it would be rated: R for bloody war violence throughout, disturbing images and a brief scene of torture.

Great Game, Best in Franchise

C.O.D.4: Modern Warfare set the standard for present day first person shooters as youll be sent down to different warzones in modern time. There is lots of shootings and bullet trading. The game has great graphics, great controls, great pacing and so on. There are not much blood and gore to see as they kept the brutality and chaos to a minimal and focused on the delivery of intensity in a present day battle with a western like setting. The profanity is also kept to a minimum. In conclusion, this game is a blast to play and highly recommendable to anyone who enjoys first person shooting.

Maturity is needed, not an age restriction

Blood and gore is shown but messages such as team between Soap and Price is important in real life situations as well, what I'm saying is video games are not only entertainment, but education. Also be aware of 'mile high club', it will make you rage, but either way, have fun!!!

Not that violent.

Amazing game, I let my son play it, he's 10. Its not as violent as the new call of duty. Overall this game is suitable for 9+

Brilliant game for 12+ not to much violence but not for below 10’s . Positive message of good vs evil

11 Year Olds are Allowed to play

I believe every 11 year old should play this, my son really enjoys the campaign and the multiplayer, the only problem is there's a little swearing so my son plays on mute. The graphics aren't the best so it takes the realism factor away which mean it does NOT cause brain damage. Great game highly suggest it to gamers interested in Call Of Duty, but other parents say its to violent which this game isnt its a happy medium.