All parent member reviews for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Parent of a 5, 14, and 17 year old Written byJeff Nick November 13, 2011

What a parent who knows what he's talking about thinks.

Alright, this is Call of Duty. Obviously this isn't a game for a 9 year old. Now I would like to adress somethings said. First off, the tea bagging idea. This is not an option in the game. There is no "tea bag button" . Players tease each other online, by crouching then standing up repetatively on a body they just killed. This is something done online, and really isn't that obvious unless someone explains what the person is doing. Now as to the online talking to people. People saying things to your 9 year old and making him cry isn't the games fault. That could happen in any game, including an E game. They are random people talking to your kids. You shouldn't be buying this game for your 9 year old anyways! Now onto the blood and swearing. YOU CAN TURN IT OFF. This is an M game people. You are buying it for your 8 year olds and then complaining about swearing. I can garuntee you if the parents had known that you could turn off explicit content, they would. Turning off explicit content turns off all of the swearing (except for online, which can't be controlled) , and blood. This instantly makes the game T and makes it something that is okay. At the beggining of the game, the first time you play it, it will ask you if you want to turn off explicit content. Be there with your kid when he first plays it, and make sure he turns it off.
Parent Written bySLMARTIN November 29, 2011

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PARENTS

Oh my god! Are you parents SERIOUS! What the heck! MW3 has no sex, language your middle/high schooler hears more in school, but if you really hate it that much you can turn it off. It is so fun. What people usually do is look at the M and say "NO!!" but it isn't a bad game. People get mad because because a dude smokes a cigar in it. HELLO!!! 50% of people out there smoke, who cares. I know I'd let my kid play it. I'm saying it's not as bad as people think. IT IS FINE!!!!!
Parent Written bylovingfather December 10, 2011

The Honest Truth

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is perfectly acceptable for children ages 12 and up. The reasoning behind this notion is... 1. Without this game, my child was constantly ridiculed. After I got this game for him, he had something to talk about with his friends 2. Players can mute other players when on multiplayer. This eliminates all profanity that may be used during online gameplay. 3. It came to my mind that my boy might not know what kind of horrors the armed forces may be going through every single day. 4. If parents are worried about the violence and foul wordplay, at the beginning of the game players have the option to turn off both af these things. 5. Don't go thinking that the parents who gave the game 17+ are reasonable, look at how many spelling and punctuation errors their reviews had compared to mine.
Adult Written byCrusixx March 27, 2012

Please read. I'm sure you'll find something helpful among it...

This site is such a joke... It's nothing other than up-tight individuals lookin' to spread their bias opinions on games that they know nothing of. Let's be honest here. You're obviously glancing about this site, in hopes of finding some excuse as to whether or not you should allow your kid to play a video game. A few tips? 1: Do not look at it from your perspective. You know nothing of the teen world these days. Violence is going to happen, whether you approve of it or not. Is Call of Duty MW3 a violent game? Depends how you look at it. There is in fact violence, in the fact that you do run around shooting one another. Is there blood and gore? Not by a long shot. Go play a nice round of Mortal Kombat and allow someone to perform a fatality upon you. If you think that COD's blood content is excessive, you need to delve more deeply into the world of video games. 2: Let up a bit. You're obviously too uptight if you have to refer to a site that reviews video games for your kids. 3: Go to Youtube. Type in the game name, and "gameplay" afterwords. In such a format. " Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (online - optional) Gameply". You'll see everything that you need to make a decision. And last but not least? Yes. You are running around, gunning random people, for the sake of simply gunning them down. Sounds bad right? Your kid does not see it this way. Your kid sees it more-so as a puzzle. A challenge of sorts. Beating "one more level" or reaching the top of the scoreboard for a round. It's a pride issue, and it is bragging rights, if not for others, for themselves. I would gladly purchase COD MW3 for my son, if I had one. I myself am 20 years old and, whether you find my information credible or not, is not my concern. Simply give it a glance over, and try to loosen up on the reigns a bit. Kids are going to be kids, and no matter WHAT you do, you cannot trap them. If you won't buy it for them, they'll simply go to a friends house and play it, or they will find other outlets in which they may acquire time upon the game. A game is a game, and nothing more. Should your kid go and shoot up a school because of it, has nothing to do with the game. That would simply be labeled as bad parenting. Thank you kindly for giving my thoughts a glance, and I hope that whatever decision you make, is something that you ACTUALLY put research into. -Anthony
Parent Written byYOUNGCHILDREN NO November 9, 2011

NOT FOR YOUNG CHILDREN

NOT FOR YOUNG CHILDREN
Parent Written by#1 dad May 30, 2012

Not as bad as you think

if you think your child shouldnt play this game you are wrong. If you are worried that you kid will start cursing its no problem at the begginning the game you have a option of turning off the blood and cursing. and on multiplayer if you have chat and someone starts talking trash there is a mute button for each player. Also there is a cutscene of a family getting blown up in a van but you can skip cutscenes so its not a problem. And there is nothing sexual. Overall I would say that its ok for 11 year olds and up.
Parent Written byTHE SK1TZ April 8, 2012

Safe for children. Its just a video game. Very fun and Immersive experience.

I think parents need to calm down and stop overreacting to Call Of Duty games. These games are not that bad at all. I really think overly concerned parents, never quite gave Modern Warfare games a fair shake. Just relax. Your child is not going to go out and kill people. They are not going to become a bad apple over a video game. This game especially will not cause them to go down the wrong path. I got my little sister playing Call Of Duty games. She is 17 now, but she started playing when she was 12. You know what? She turned out just fine. She does not get into any trouble at all. She doesn't do drugs or get into trouble at school or with the law. She doesn't smoke or drink. She doesn't talk back. She comes home by her curfew every night and she is never late. She does not act out things from the games. She doesn't steal or cause mayhem. She even practices abstinence, and holds herself to a standard of no premarital sex. My sister has been playing this games as a hardcore fan for about 6 years. She has all the games. The Modern warfare 3 branded Xbox 360 console, Call Of Duty collectables, Posters, T shirts, Ringtones on her phone, Wallpaper on her PC. Call Of Duty Comic books and much, much more. What I am getting at is, she is not just some casual player. She is as hardcore of a fan as they come. Not your average girly girl what so ever. With all that being said, she is the most respectful, well spoken, intelligent and problem free 17 year old girl I have ever met. Not just saying that because she is family either. She even has many friends that are always in trouble. Many of them have a great deal of potential to be a terrible influence on my sister. Yet she manages to rise above that behavior and be a good kid. What I am basically saying is, these games are not the problem. Its the childs enviroment and how well they are parented. I think its high time to STOP putting the blame on the video game developers. Its not their fault. They are doing what they love. That's making games that they would enjoy themselves. No gamer ever chooses one day, to go to computer design and programming school and has a goal to create a game that influences societies kids to turn out bad. They just do what they love and hope people will appreciate their work. This is a great game with realistic graphics and an intense military war experience. Thats all. Its not a evil plot to destroy your childs mind. Kids just have fun playing. There isnt a more exciting gaming franchise out there. And the Multiplayer modes provide a fun social enviroment where you can get a little competitive. Honestly, just think about it. Would you rather have your child out using drugs for the first time or having unprotected sex? Or would you feel much more comfortable, having them safe at home, playing a video game in a controlled enviroment? Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is not only a safe game for your kids, but its the funnest and most popular game out there. They know how fun it can be, and they want to experience a game that was the biggest entertainment release in history. Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3. Immersive cinematic single player experience. Exciting, fast paced Coop challenge modes. The most popular online multiplayer battle modes. Extensive customization. Wide array of weapons and accesories. Over 16 Multiplayer Maps with more always being added. More than 10 modes with much more variations. I would recommend this game to anyone. Even children as well as adults. The only thing I would say is, if you do have concerns about this game having a negative impact on your children, then just monitor their playing closely. I am confident that 99% of kids will be able to be mature enough to see it for what it is. Just a game.
Parent Written byEmily Malfed November 13, 2011

Don't play the campaign, multiplayer is ok.

I was reading what commonsense said and it is all true. Because of this I found it really hard to let my 14 and 13 year old children have this game even though they told me all these cinematic scenes with people being blown up can be skipped and that they can have the volume off if I didn't want them to hear the swearing. I then researched more and found out that all the swearing and cinematic scenes only happen in a mode called campaign and that it is not much more violent than modern warfare 2 which i brought them earlier this year. I then concluded that if they promise not to spend their whole time on it and they don't play the campaign they play the multiplayer which is no where near as bad as the campaign they can have it, as long as they pay for it. This seemed to work well I even watched them play multiplayer just to check and it is no way near as bad. So if you are planning to give your child this don't let them play the campaign. Thankfully there is no swearing in multiplayer.
Parent Written byUltimateGamer863 November 4, 2012

Good game for mature tweens

Modern Warfare 3 is a very bloody first person shooter game. However if you turn off the blood and gore it would probably be rated T. Also in some missions you kill or see someone else kill innocent people or children. When I first saw that it was a little disturbing. However, I soon realized that those children are just a few lines of computer coding and aren't real people. If your child knows that then buy this game for him!
Parent Written byLoveIsInTheAir46 November 13, 2011

ModernWarfare 3 isn't Bad for Your Children!

This game isn't very harmfull to your kids. Yes, it does have some guns and shooting but it really is a violent game compared to some of the other first-person shooters; even the ones that are rated T. My kids have fun playing this game and still have good grades in school and are healthy growing boys.
Parent Written bythe parent #1 December 11, 2011

the review

it fine i think my 10 year old has it and he been doing well in school and making good choices
Parent of a 4 year old Written byGoodmorningDave November 15, 2011

A Gaming Parent's Two Cents

As an avid player of video games since the 1980's, I can tell you that without a doubt games do affect young players sense of confidence and moral compass. A player's proficiency at a game used to be cause for teasing on the schoolyard; it has now devolved into a sickening morass of verbal abuse and bullying that was unthinkable in the days of Zelda and Super Mario Bros. One has only to look at the instant defensive response the younger posters respond with to know that our parental instinct to steer our kids away from this game is on- track. This game is rated M for the same reason that they don't let 14 year olds join the army. If running around killing people with an M4 is so central to your idea of a good time then join the real Army and render service to your country. That being said, this is a really well built title with unparallelled art direction and solid multiplayer for older players that should be allowed nowhere near kids.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byJake T November 10, 2011

Great game for 12 and UP!

Its not too bad i let my 13 year old get it and we played through the campaign and multiplayer together. There are a few violent scenes but nothing too bad.
Parent Written byCod guy December 8, 2011

don't let the rating fool you

This game has no sexual content at all don't believe the bias reviews. For the online content there are a lot of people who like to bad mouth younger kids for being younger and that is why they invented a mute button. If your son or daughter wants this game they most likely want it for multiplayer. It will be frustrating at the beginning for new players because the controls are new and the better veterans have better guns. Violence is a problem you kill people with guns, knifes, grenades, and throwing knifes. Must likely your children have friends who have it and are telling your child this is a awesome game you must get it and play it with me so I say let them play it no doubt just make sure they understand that this is not real and is a video game. This game is between an M rating and a T rating too violent for the T rating but not worthy of the M rating. On for a 12 year old up don't let anyone under play (my opinion) Hope this helps
Parent Written byTruthofGames November 11, 2011

Don't believe the bias reviews

If you are a parent, like myself, and worrying on what your child is playing i believe that you will not have to worry about anything in the game. For on 99.99% of the time your child will play online with friends. Yes there is killing but its not to be worried because its the joy of winning or gaining points that they like not the "kill". And also the campaign mode, which is where the bad (and bias) reviews are coming from, is extremely over exaggerated on the review. There may be cursing but if your child is of my recommended age and mature he is exposed to this all day long. If you don't want him/her to hear language like that then don't let him go to school. Either way the amount of language in the game is a small amount of it, and is minuscule to what your child hears every day. Let your child have the game its pure fun and is a great game being a gamer myself i play it with my child! All and all it is okay for your child to have the game
Parent Written byJames C January 21, 2012

Not very good no matter who you are.

Along with being overly violent and full of pointless cursing, its not a very enjoyable experience even for adults who like these kinds of games. I'd steer clear no matter what your age.
Parent Written byFather of 4 December 22, 2011

This is the truth. I am a father of 4 boys.

Hi I am a father of 4 boys, 16, 14, 11, and 8. I have been through it all with them, girlfriends and video games alike. Now about this game. I played this game before i even let my 16 year old get his hands on it. The Bad: A lot of cursing, a few suggestive themes, and wow, there is a LOT of blood and violence. The Good: I would like to focus on the characters first. The main protagonist, "Captain John Price", is in fact, an old man. There are also a Delta Force asset in this game. Theyre goal is to STOP the war caused by a madman. Not continue it. Your goal is PEACE, not war and bloodshed. This brings me to the most significant part of this game for me. After RESCUING the Russian President, Delta Force and Price are about to escape on a helicopter, but they are getting overrun. The Delta Force guy refuse to get on the helicopter, giving their lives up for the Russian President. It WILL teach my 11 and 8 year old honor and courage. It moved me personally. Now, when I say WILL, I am not going let them play it yet. It is a graphic game, no place for an 11 or 8 year old. When it comes to online, I know my 16 and 14 year old can handle whatever they come across. My Final Judgement: NOT good for kids under the age of 13. Teaches a good life lesson. All aspects of the game a perfectly fine for kids ages 13 and up. But they should be mature enough to understand that even though its fake, unless its necessary, killing is never ok. They need to be mature enough to realize that there are lunatics online that will scream bloody murer if they lose, (for that, I suggest using XBox family settings.) If they can handle all of that, they should play it, it teachers a pure, valuable life lesson.
Parent of a 15 year old Written bysupermonkeyrobot December 20, 2011

hfegrtfdkdclkjhfsgijckawhufgd

A little violent but not really bad
Parent of a 18+ year old Written bydaddy60000 August 19, 2013

mw3 review

this game call of duty mw3 is totally ok for ages 9 and up
Parent Written byIt is all fine November 10, 2011

Be careful

Tell your kids to turn off they blood and the swearing. Take it away if they are doing bad at school and give back when they start doing good in school. It is if they get something good for doing good in school and take it away of they start doing bad. Stop worrying about the blood it is a part of life when you get cut there blood it is no different from a video game and real life. Swearing turn that off and swearing is a part of life to we are not perfect and we swear sometimes we all do we can replace the f word to fudge in front of our kids and they know it is the f word deal with it. DEAL WITH IT YOU CAN DEAL WITH AND YOU CAN WITH THE GAME!!!