Parent reviews for Call of Duty: WWII

Engaging, mature shooter goes back to its roots & triumphs.

Adult Written byMr F. November 24, 2017

Good game for ages 11 and up

As a history teacher I have to say the game has great historical and educational value. It is violent but we watch some videos in my 6th grade class that I would say are worse. Both me and my 11 year old son have a ton of fun playing and learning all in all great game!

Parent of a 14 year old Written byRachel D. November 8, 2017

Appropriate for Teenagers

I allowed my older son to play the game. I made sure that he understands that video games do not translate to real life and also told him gun violence is never an acceptable response to any situation. My younger 14 year old son, on the other hand, was not allowed to play any call of dutys until this year. Not because it made him particularly violent, but because he slept in the same room as my youngest (about to turn 8) and the tv he uses to play games is in that room. If you’re still not sure take a moment to observe yours child's environment. How much television does he watch? What kind is it? Does your child do his chores and homework with minimal argument? Is your son friendly with his peers? I used those as guideposts to determine whether my kids were ready for mature games.
Adult Written byAnonmyous S. November 24, 2017

Assumptions....

Many games like this face presumption about how gory and terrible it is. Many people talk and say that COD is a gory, violent and a disgrace to culture on social media. This game goes back to its roots in gameplay and it's World War setting. While this may have action, it is truly up to how mature you're child is. Also there is an option not to talk to players on the online co-operative, you may also turn off the blood in this game. You see, many people overreact and I think there a lot of untrue words spread throughout the community about this franchise!
Parent of a 10 year old Written byLucy C. November 26, 2017

It’s not really bad! GIVE YOUR KID A TRY! plz

Like Logan P. said, it doesn’t really have bad content. If your kid is 9+ and is mature than it’s fine. Violence is small and very little drugs and cursing! I thought my 10 year old was way to young but as he begged me to look at this site I thought mabey it’s not so bad. I gave him a try and it wasn’t bad surprisingly. He was mature enough for it and I’m a really strict parent. GIVE IT A TRY!

Parent Written bySteve B. November 25, 2017

Intense, realistic, & violent. Call for language/gore filters.

Stunning graphics and captivating storyline. Perhaps it’s too much to ask for violence and language filters to broaden its appeal and customer base. I appreciate that there’s some value in conveying the grisly reality of war having experienced them first hand, but there’s a limit to which I and many others like me want to relive the gore in vivid HD. Furthermore, there’s a limit to the level of violence and gore our children should get accustomed to seeing and experiencing. I understand the positive reviews based on storyline, graphics, etc., but believe it’s not too much to ask to provide filters to allow gamers to tone down the gore and language to a PG/PG-13 level.

Adult Written bySam Marrick November 8, 2017

Strong Bloody War Violence Throughout including Grisly Images and Language

About as gory as you'd expect WW2 to be yet not as nihilistic and sadistic as World at War. Lots of blood splashing, staining clothes and environemnts in great quantities. Probably the largest blood effects in the series yet not quite the grisliest. Arms and legs get dismembered frequently, mutilated bodies on field are a frequent sight, scenes show heads and bodies getting blasted apart gorily. Yet its WW2 so its informative :) . Its war so theres f words. About as good as any other post Blops2 COD (so meh at best). Story is cliche saccharine romantic WW2 stuff. Oooh look that beach level that references that one popular war movie. I hate the gratuitous narration the protagonist gives when people are talking, show dont tell! Nice return to old time period. Takes a more tratitional movie style with the story rather than a documentary. Barely interactive, but stuff blows up if thats your thing. Not nearly as gritty as WaW. Some complain the mp maps are terrible. Im not a huge MP guy so i couldnt tell, but there only 9. I appreciate the Stripping down tho to resemble more Cod 2 with only some MW1 elements. Never a huge zombies guy so i didnt care to assess its relative quality.
Adult Written byHonhwhns N. November 23, 2017

Not as violent as the past and the best in the past few years

This game's campaign and zombies are extremely gory. They both also contain lots of swearing. There is violence in great amounts but not as much as the past. When playing as a soldier in the game you also commit many heroic acts. Despite what I have said so far I did not let my 11 year old play either the campaign or the zombies and restricted him to the multiplayer which has either none or small amounts of gore.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byLogan P. November 26, 2017

Brutal But Has Good Gameplay

Just saying that this game has me walking on the street in multiplayer looking to my left and I see a body on fire and a man screaming in pain. There is severed arms showed up close in campaign mode! There is heavy swearing in the campaign and also in the background of the multiplayer game. The game also shows many characters smoking. This game does show dignity and perseverance. It shows great role model. I give the game five stars!

Parent of a 12 year old Written byMorgan S. December 7, 2017

Not as bad as it seems

This game is rated 18+ by this website, and on its rating but it is not that bad. The game does contain violence, but not as much as other cod games and not as much as most other games rated R18+. I let my 12 yo son play it because he is mature and has played call of duty before. If your child is mature and 12 or over, I would say that they'll be fine. Great game as well! Really, I don't understand why people give this game a R18+ rating, it should be MA15+

Parent of a 16 year old Written bySteve O. November 11, 2017

Great game, fine for people 15+

This game is a great game and i think anyone who is 15 or over should be allowed to play it. I am quite an overprotective parent, so i wasn't sure about my son getting this. But I let him because he really wanted it and all his friends play it. I told him i needed to try it first though and I played about half an hour worth and the only violence is a bit of blood which is only minor. If your kid can handle a little blood, then this game is fine.
Adult Written byJack S. December 20, 2017

Not What You Think

Game is not very bad. Can turn off language and gore

Adult Written by[email protected] December 4, 2017

review

the gameplay in this game is realy intense and fun.

Adult Written byPeter R. December 20, 2017

Great Game!

Great game! I am back with another review on Call of Duty WWII, Call of Duty WWII is not actually bad. When my son went to bed I set the game to the most language and gore to see how bad it was and it's not bad at all! I played this game with my 8 year old son and he loved it!

Adult Written byHenry I. December 2, 2017

Amazing game! Great messages!

This game is absolutely amazing. I was planning on buying it for my 16 year old son, and I said "no" because it is M rated. But he asked me, "Can you play it first and see if it is okay?" I said, "Okay." So I did, and surprisingly, there were lots of strong messages about teamwork, courage, and very surprisingly tolerance. I ended up buying it for my son, and I love playing it with him. Great game, but there is some unnecessary language. Like f**k, and s**t. But I don't think it is a problem for teens.

Parent of a 15 year old Written byMichael J. January 14, 2018

Impressed me!

I'm not a fan of violent video games because they are mostly just violent, and non-educational. But this game was a little different. I'm a parent to a teenage boy, and he asked me for this game, Call of Duty: WWII. At first, I immediately said, "No." But then he asked me, "Can you play it first, and check it out?" I did. My friend had the game, so I asked him if he wanted to play it with me, and when I played it, I was very impressed. The game is pretty violent, but it does have very clear messages about teamwork, courage, and true heroes who risked their lives to save the world. The game also rewards players for showing mercy to enemy's who surrender. The game also gives real facts about World War II, and that was something I would've never expected in a Call of Duty game. Coming to a decision, I let my son get the game and he loves it. Every parent is different and have the right to make their own discussion, but I personally think it is a great game for teenagers 15 and older.

Adult Written byJohn S. December 20, 2017

10+

This game is not what you imagine it being. The game is not as gory as you would think. Also there is a filter to take out the blood and some language. The language in general is not the best, but you can talk to your child and set some boundaries. So actually when you think about it, it is not so bad. I think it should be 10 and up.

Parent of a 17 year old Written byMichelle O. December 11, 2017

Call of Duty World War two rating

I think that this game really teaches children the past and what our world should never see again. I have a twelve year old nephew and I approve of this game. All you parents at home might be thinking, "What if my child sees to much." In call of duty world war 2 there is no sexual interactment or any drug refernces. There is brief cursing ,but only in the campaign. All you have to do is turn off the subtitles and turn off the volume. If you don't approve of this game, I recommend Battlefield One. There is no cursing or anything. If you are interested you can look up on this website about Battlefield One.

Adult Written byIm Red Y. December 9, 2017

its really good

I like this game a lot its one of my favorite but theres too much blood
Adult Written byScottR 7 December 29, 2017

Contains violence, but I've seen worse

The game contains a historically accurate story and therefore includes Nazi symbols, seen as controversial by some, but personally, I think it is okay as whithout these symbols the historical accuracy will not be there. In terms of language, there can be a lot. The violence in the game is quite bloody but the gore is not that evident. I'd be cautious with the zombies mode as some of the dismemberment is horrifying for some people and the zombies themselves are quite scary and gory-looking and certainly look a lot more real than in other Call of Duty games.

Parent Written byLance k December 12, 2017

Boring

I've played this game 20 times, under 20 names. I got bored after 10 minutes and quit for good.