Parent reviews for Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Poster Image

One of the best games for 6 y/o so far

6 y/o started his switch with animal crossing and Mario kart. This along with the labo kits are definitely his favourites. Highly recommended for a 6 y/o. 80% completed in a few weeks with a few hours playing daily. Very addictive game but don’t mind so much as there is some puzzle parts which is part educational.

Really cute puzzle game

Most of the puzzles are extremely easy for the youngest of the audience I suggested. The second half start to get a little challenging which is great.

Great for all ages

After daycare, since a few weeks , my 3 yo keeps telling me that she wants to see the "mushrooms" so once a day I play for about half an hour. She understands that the goal is to catch the stars and she likes to choose the next map. Personally, I enjoy the game and I would have played anyway alone. For now, the controller is too hard for her to understand so she does not want to play but she is pretty good at games on the ipad. Some parts are relatively difficult and I'm pretty sure that it will take a while before she can finish the game alone. I will update my review in a couple of years hopefully.

Great Puzzles In A Fun Game For Most Ages

This is an easy to understand puzzle game with beautiful, charming graphics that will appeal to most children. Beating the game will be easy enough for even young children, while bonus objectives can tax the minds of people of any age. Of note, despite what the official review says, Toads are a genderless race, meaning Toadette is no different than Captain Toad from a gender standpoint. Plus, players play half the game as Toadette and half as Captain Toad, so both characters are equally represented as the hero and the person needing rescue.

Hugely enjoyable Nintendo puzzler suitable for all ages.

Thoroughly enjoyable puzzle game with the sort of polish and attention to detail you would expect from a Nintendo title. Regarding Marc Saltzman's review above (which I largely agree with), it should be noted that although Toad is compelled to rescue Toadette, the roles are reversed later on. Also, according to Nintendo, the Toads are genderless so that may be a point of discussion between parents and children.