All parent member reviews for Cars 2: The Video Game

Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byreedsmom January 15, 2012

Son loves it, but too violent

I am disappointed that there are guns and shooting in this game. I told my mom to buy this for my son for the holidays because he likes cars and I was looking for a racing game for him. He instantly loved the racing part, but after a couple of rounds the races became violent with him activating bombs and machine guns and shooting down and blowing up other cars. I was so mad! I have tried very hard to monitor in what way my kids are exposed to guns and violence so that we can discuss it properly, and I was caught off guard with this one. I guess I didn't dig deep enough before making the assumption that Disney would be appropriate for my 7 year old. On the other hand, he is absolutely in love with the game and is having a blast playing it...I just wish I could feel as good about him playing it. Of course it opened discussion about guns and violence and cartoon violence versus real world violence, but he is 7 for crying out loud...why are we having to have this conversation...kids are growing up too fast these days...and the media isn't helping us shield our children from the very real violence of our world.
Adult Written byJEDI micah May 30, 2012

A GOOD RACING GAME!!!

Although the movie is not that good, the game is actually very entertaining! There is violence, especially with the machine guns, but no blood shown. For a game that is based on a terrible movie, it is pretty fun!
Parent of a 5 year old Written byohfroggit January 30, 2012

Great game!

I think this game is great! My husband, son, and I can all play together as a family and have a great time, it's fun for everyone. Yes, there is violence- shooting other cars, knocking them off track, etc. But the cars don't "die", they just lose spots in the race and have to catch back up. If your child can grasp the difference between video game and reality, if you have an open dialogue about violence in your every day lives, and if you thought the Cars 2 movie was appropriate for your kids - go for it!