All parent member reviews for Cars

Adult Written April 9, 2008
Parent of a 6 year old Written bykinglion July 27, 2010

good for kids

Not better than the film but hey i like it a lot.
Adult Written byminni April 9, 2008
Educator and Parent of a 11 year old Written byMovieMama April 9, 2008

A fun favorite

My 9 year old daughter loves this game...and so does her dad! It doesn't teach anything per se, but it's bright, fun and harmless, which can be hard to find these days. I have a younger child (6 years) who has trouble working the controls and eventually gave up, so I would concur with the CS age guideline.
Adult Written byshaleengodfrey April 9, 2008
Adult Written byBusmasterJones April 9, 2008

Zip over to Cars

This is a good game based on a great movie. That is truly a rare combination. The game allows free exploration of a world, so even younger kids with less developed motor skills (ahem) can enjoy this one. There is some name calling (like "stupid") in there which is unfortunate, but the rest of the game and all of the mini-games are brilliant. Adults and kids will like this one and can play together.
Adult Written byabc_24601 April 9, 2008

Good movie marredwith a few questionable lines

I watched ths movie a few times, but caught the line "the race was a pisser" when I happened to have the subtitles on. References to hillbilly hell were also not welcome in a "G" rated movie. Other than these it was a great movie. Why Disney/Pixar seem to go out of there way with this kind of nonsense is beyond me.
Adult Written byMimi5472 April 9, 2008
Parent Written byGreatParent July 20, 2012

Not what it seems.....

While my son Brody was a huge fan of the movie, this game is just down-right innappropriate. As the user above said, if you go to the cheat code section, you can access a cheat that puts you in "Death Race Mode". From here, it changes the rating to M. You'll notice your favorite talking cars Mater and Lighting McQueen turn from happy, friendly talking cars to viscious, blood thirty cars. The cars engage in full out roid-rage, highway battles with rocket-launcher projectiles, SMG's and much more attached to the sides. I mean, my god! It takes Cars and turns it into "Full Auto". Avoid this if you value your child social media interaction. Ugh!