Kid reviews for Cave Story+

Remade indie adventure focuses on desolation, exploration.

Teen, 17 years old Written bygardengnostic November 16, 2017

Great game but the official review has issues

First off, the corrections: - All endings are available on all difficulties, it's just that the best ending is the hardest to get. - The map may be small, but it's never mandatory. The small map size on the Switch isn't a big problem, and it's not a problem at all on other versions. And now, the spoiler-less review: - You play as a robot who wakes up in a cave on a floating island. - Most characters are of a species known as Mimiga, which look like a cross between an anthropomorphic rabbit and a goat. - The game is great but difficult. However, on the Steam (PC) and Switch versions of the game, there's an "easy" mode which halves the damage you take from enemies or obstacles. - If you like a challenge, play on the normal difficulty. Hard mode is nearly impossible as you only have 3 health. - Mild language and mildly disturbing dialogue. There are minor expletives through the whole game and insults thrown at the player character, but nothing major. - The game's dark themes are actually pretty major I'd say. - It's implied that the player character sleeps with another. However, the opportunity for this is small and the result not graphic in the slightest. The only giveaway is that you're shown to be in bed with another character and you have lipstick in your inventory. This isn't present in the Wii version and may not be present in the Switch version, but is in all others. - The game has great themes of helping others in the best ending. - Amazing soundtrack, and you have a choice between different versions (original, remastered, new/plus, and famitracks) but note that the Famitracks one is only on the Switch. In my opinion, the remastered soundtrack is the best. - Your character's controls are a bit difficult at first but easy to get a hold of. Spoilery review: - Unavoidable death of a major character, who happens to be a kid. - Avoidable death of a few other characters, depending on the ending you're going for. - The final area in the best run is known as the "Blood Stained Sanctuary" and has a sign saying "Welcome to Hell!" It's fitting, however, as this area is absurdly difficult, even on Easy mode. - Getting the true ending is unintuitive. END SPOILERS I know it seems like I criticized the game a lot, but I really do love it a lot. I recommend it to anyone, especially people who were a fan of Super Metroid on the SNES.

Ease of Play
Teen, 14 years old Written byDevilWarrior January 19, 2018

amazing game

the game is simple but funny,good for young gamers

Ease of Play