All teen and kid member reviews for Child of Eden

Teen, 13 years old Written byJacobTheGreat2 July 24, 2011

Really

Papaleaf, you do realize this is Child of Eden. Not Duke Nukem Forever or GTA. I have finally played it. It's really fun where you have more control over the sound than most games. You don't have to use the kinect for this game, because if you choose to, you can use the controller. It's not that violent, you are basically shooting what I think they call imperfections. The story line is pretty confusing. The only and biggest concern is going to be the seizure warning. This is so far the only game that really needs it with the high amount of neon colors. And finally, you are inside the memory banks of a computer known as "Eden" where they (somehow) got a dead girl named "Lumie" (I don't know if I spelled it right, I have always been a bad speller)
Teen, 17 years old Written byAnAlienAmI June 21, 2011

A tremendous experience!

One thing that the official review failed to mention is that the game can be played without a Kinect and using a controller. The player can also customize up to three other controllers to vibrate in time with the music. With a controller the game plays very fluid. The controls are simple and easy to grasp. The narrative may be a little high concept for some younger players, but most won't pay attention to that. The visuals combined with the music make Child of Eden one of the strongest arguments since Flower, Okami, and Shadow of the Collosus that games are a viable art form. The game is appropriate for all ages. The minimal violence isn't even construed as violence, instead the player acts the part of a sort of anti-virus that purifies the system of contamination. The game is a little on the short side but offers a lot of replay value in the form of collectibles, achievements, and high scores. If you're not sold on the length, wait until the price drops, but do not hesitate to pick up this amazing game.
Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2011

Decent and kid-friendly

I wouldn't say it's the best game, but it certainly isn't the worst. With music bursting out from every touch of a box or shape, CoE is a good way to promote kids to exercise. While only your arms move around, it is still an intriguing game where you need to destroy viruses in the main database of the future internet. Violence is minimum, as it's more eliminating a non-physical enemy without the use of actual guns. Great for parents with kids of most all ages.