Parent reviews for Diablo II/Diablo II Expansion

Diablo II/Diablo II Expansion Poster Image

Parents should use their discretion

I think every parent has to make the decision to let their child play this game based on their child's maturity level. I play this game and let my 9 year old daughter play, but only OFFLINE. I would never let her play it online due to the language and interacting with people you don't know. My child is very smart and knows it is make -believe so I don't feel like it's an issue. Actually, the thing that freaks her out the most is the music. It is a little gory but it is not realistic looking at all and you are always killing bad creatures, not people.

Diablo ll

This game is very fun, but has intense gore, violence, and sexual themes that is most definitely not for kids.

Diablo II/exp. is amazing, but awfully gorey.

Diablo is one of the best games. Sure, it's violent but it's fun. Though sometimes the gore can get out of hand, such as when you encounter a monster that is 'fire enchanted' killing them causes them to explode in a gorey mess. Some skills such as the necromancers corpse explosion has the same effect. So gore is a pretty big issue here. Language,drugs,alcohol, they are not in the game, besides a bar in the second act. The game can and will make your hand go numb if you play it to long however, since it involves lots of clicking both mouse buttons. The game is pretty long and will take time. There are very minor maybe you can call them sexual issues, as in the first and rarely in other acts you encounter female undead warriors who are scantily clad, if you even look that close. And your first AI partner you can recruit is a bit the same. The first act boss however is another story, as she is immensely tall and show her chest completely. However, chances are you won't notice as you should be to busy trying to survive her attacks to pay attention. There are some nightmarish things, such as giant bugs,the act 2 boss is a key one here, large mosquitoes,swamp monsters,big foot like beasts etc..though admittedly, the boss in the 3rd act is nightmarish crazily. The cut scenes are also that you would see straight from a horror sci fi movie so beware there. It's a game that is incredibly fun,which is doubled with a online friend, and one you should try before you buy.

Good game, old graphics

I've played this and the original Diablo for quite a while. While there is a lot of violence, most of it is pixilated, and it is fairly old graphics. Also, you never kill a real human (at least as far as I've gotten, I've never beat it, because my little brother kept deleting my saves), so while there's violence, it's against made-up creatures. Overall, a good game.

lots of gameplay for your money, but not for kids

Diablo is an older game, but it still sells, with good reason. It's a great game that you can literally play for years without getting tired of it. Unfortunately, it's not kid stuff. The online chat is totally unfiltered and the community that plays Diablo is almost totally taken over by cheaters, griefers, trolls and other miscreants. It's possible to play the game offline, single player, which is safe. However, the game has graphics and imagery not suitable for younger kids (although the graphics are small and crude by today's standards) - thing like people that have been impaled on stakes, torture chambers, (small, pixilated) blood.

Think good versus evil!!

I've played this game since it was first released, having come over from Diablo. This was one of the few games I allowed my son to play, though it is "violent" it did not portray violence against anything realistic. In this, you are a hero, for good, against all the evils out there. It does not have you killing people, unless you count online duels, which is another story all together. That is more of an individuals choice, not the games doing. The story is a little thin, but if you started playing Diablo, then it would make a little more sense. This game is a great game. A bit repetitive but always great to pick back up after a break from it.
not rated for age

VIOLENSE!! But there is a cool online feature...

THIS GAME should not be played by childs under the age of 15. From what i could see, this game was violent, plus there was no language filter online, so i saw players with names that include the f word, and was called the f word by multiple people. If you want the online thing, go to runescape. Runescape may have very mild questionable things, but trust me, it is blue's clues. compared to this.
not rated for age

This is just common sense

People, the game is called Diablo. Its intention is to be satan in a box. (I say that in all the best and most amazing ways possible.) Now, I'm not saying this is a bad game...because it is FAR from that. Diablo is one of the most amazing games of all time; however, I wouldn't let your spoiled 13 year old play it unless you really dont care about the language, and the violence. The rest of you who dont care, this game is a MUST if you are a PC gamer. M U S T!
not rated for age

A must play game to have fun online with friend

This game is not as story pointless as you might think the story can be a little confusing at first but it get better as you play and as for the gore yeah right where after two or three kill you will barrely notice anything ok you still see the evil monster dying but come on what else do you want to do with them befriend them! THIS GAME IS FOR TEENS