Kid reviews for Dishonored: Definitive Edition

Bloody, but bloody good, mature stealth action game.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 15 years old Written byRyan welsh September 27, 2015

Fun game but kids no

I played this game originally on the Xbox 360 when it first came out I got lucky enough to get it free with Xbox gold.It was a great game (since it was free after all) Sadly the first thing I noticed was strong amounts of language and very violent combat.You can do all kinds of assassinations that impale,shoot, or even disintegrate an Enemy.Decapitaions are common along with a puddle of blood and gore.I noticed common sense said you can beat the whole game non-lethal which is possible but can get old and boring very fast so I wouldn't even accept my kids using that excuse.

Teen, 16 years old Written byLogoDeath13 October 5, 2016

From someone who played it 4 times

I have played both the original game and the knife of dunwall/brigmore witches 4 times each for both endings and the ghost/cleanest hands and the flesh and steel achievements. There are lethal and non-leathal ways to do everything. The amount of violence is dependent on your actions though it enables mass murder and encourages stealth and low violence. There are quite a few sh*t and f*ck words in there when you or a rat are seen. The more kills, more rats, more cursing. You can use almost every lethal weapon in your arsenal to perform decappitations and dismembering enemies. Many city watch people grumble curses under their breaths. Most non lethal methods for targets ruin the persons life. One man is the leader of a cult and then a plague victim you can later encounter. One woman you can kidnap and ship away with a stalker of hers. A couple non lethal missions are worse than death. Throughout the whole game, you do horrible things to horrible people. Overall, it is only as violent or vulgar as you make it.

Ease of Play
Teen, 17 years old Written byteletubbiesbro4 March 21, 2017

Wouldn't recommend for kids

My mom bought this game for me on my birthday after asking a GameStop worker if she should. The worker said he didn't know why it was rated M for mature. WRONG!!!! In the first two levels I was disgusted by how gory it was. Not to mention that the character has a finisher where he cuts an enemy's head off on screen with a sword. I immediately returned the game.

Ease of Play