All teen and kid member reviews for Disney Epic Mickey

Teen, 15 years old Written byGwyneth Alice April 16, 2012

An amazing game that anyone can enjoy

The game takes you to the post-apocalyptic (if you'd like) world of Wasteland, the place where all the "forgotten" Disney characters are sent. It was ruled by Oswald, Mickey's predecessor (lost to Universal in 1928), and things were fine until the Thinner accident, caused unintentionally by Mickey. He had created a monster - the Blot. Years later after the incident, and after Mickey has become famous, the Blot drags Mickey into Wasteland, and it is up to Mickey to save Wasteland from the Blot. Luckily, he has brought with him his paintbrush, which has the power to thin or paint nearly anything in Wasteland; this means he has the power to destory enemies or to redeem them. He takes on this epic quest with Gus, a Gremlin who guides him along the way, and eventually has Oswald helping him too. Though Oswald originally loathes Mickey for stealing his spotlight, in the end he is able to respect Mickey as a brother. As a Disney fan, this game was like Christmas for me. Wasteland is a twisted version of Disneyland, with references to park attractions everywhere. Walking the streets of Wasteland are characters from classic Disney cartoons and movies - from the pirates of Peter Pan to old recurring characters from Mickey's hey day like Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow. Probably the best part, though, is the projections screens - the mode of transportation for the 'toons. Each of them are based off classic Mickey cartoons (as well as a few Oswald cartoons, and two based on Disney movies). Let's just say I was absolutely ecstatic to find myself walking through Steamboat Willie. Not all aspects of gameplay are too great, however. The camera angles get really annoying after a while, even though I could tolerate them for a bit. The game is also fairly dark, and can be a bit scary sometimes. The game also doesn't offer a multiplayer mode, so it isn't something a whole family can partake in. However, it is still a really fun game, and something that a lot of kids can enjoy. It's is challenging at times, yet solvable, so it will test kids' skills with figuring out puzzles. It's a wonderful game that I recommend to all gamers, the casual and the hardcore.
Kid, 9 years old March 1, 2015

Kind of dark

So I played this and, well the beginning is just plain DARK. First off, there is this one guy that tries to kill mickey with this huge machine with a ton of weapons from scissors to saws. Then, when he fails, he tries to plunge out Mickey's heart. He escapes, but goes to a creepy theme park where there are creepy dolls, headless animatronic hippos, and a creepy setting. Other than that, great game for 10+
Teen, 14 years old Written byJim Henderson March 3, 2011

Great game if you liked super mario sunshine

Some of the splatters are creepy but you can make them your friends. I like the fact that mickey realizes that he made wasteland and is trying to restore it. The camera hooks on surroundings.
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2012

Epic Mickey

A amazing game. The positive messages depend on which path you choose. You can choose to destroy or rebuild with your paint. Using thinner melts villains and turns them into a puddle. Using paint makes them on your side. This is part of the Disney franchise, but there is not much advertising.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovedogs22 November 20, 2012
LEARNING

Epic is Right

The word epic really fits this game. It's really fun to play, and the story is powerful and wonderful. There's a strong theme of forgiveness and reunited family. It's a bit violent, but the main thing is the overall sort of depressing feeling in the early levels, seeing how destroyed this world is, but that just makes saving it in the end more awesome. Oswald also wiggle his fingers at Mickey in a few rude ways, nothing really rude though. It's a really great game and I would highly recommend it.
Kid, 10 years old April 12, 2011

A beutiful,lovley adventure

Epic mickey is a hard game to review.there are many faults involing camra,controls and design.but thre are many postive things such as a great story and chracters,graphics,a brillent soundtrack,loads of replay factor and unique boss fights and morality system.one fav level is mickey junk mountin which is stuffed with screats despite loads of mickey merchendise.its story is dark at times and thre are some spokky imagery but nothihing that bad.The camra is wonkey at times so is the camra which is annoying and whre you need to go is unclear at times.mickey and my fav disney chracter oswald are great role modles,thre are good messages such as helping people and the game is relativly easy to play.ignore the flaws for an involing, touching and epic adventure!
Kid, 11 years old February 9, 2011

I like it.

I had a lot of fun playing it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySynchronicity December 14, 2010

Cinematic, enjoyable game marred by a few glitches

I've anticipated this game since its reveal in Game Informer, and while Disney: Epic Mickey isn't really all that polished, it's still a great debut game from developer Junction Point and one of the best games on the Wii this year (and considering that Monster Hunter Tri, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Goldeneye, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Kirby's Epic Yarn were all released this year, that isn't a small feat). Like Goldeneye before it, this is yet another game that plays out like a film. The animation and level design are both fantastic, and the dialogue, while corny at times, is Disney-level good. There are quite a few characters you run into from past Disney, but I'm a little disappointed that Oliver and Company (the most underrated Disney film of all time) isn't represented at least a little bit. That's a subjective complaint, I know, but still worth mentioning. Also, the only other nitpicks I have all have to do with the sometimes godawful camera. Many a time I've fallen into the pool of thinner in the opening boat ride level when a really bad camera angle comes in. However, it's not bad enough to warrant the complaints this game's gotten. Epic Mickey is just one of those games that will get a love-it-or-hate-it reception, whether you like it or not. In terms of content, this is certainly a dark game, but it's Disney-dark. A few diabolical villains do appear, but, again, this is Disney; they're cartoonishly presented and even downright silly at times. And you're just painting them or spraying them with paint thinner, for crying out loud. Overall, Epic Mickey is a rare gem in a sea of licensed Wii titles. It doesn't deserve the flak that it's been getting over trivial things such as the camera and control scheme. It's all quite intuitive, and I commend Warren Spector for creating this masterpiece. Bring on Epic Mickey 2!
Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2010
is not the game to play if you are a huge mickey mouse fan
Teen, 14 years old Written bylizzie67231 March 8, 2014

Great game

This is a really good game, but probably not for younger kids.
Kid, 12 years old January 13, 2013

silvonadux

This was a good story and good artwork. I was a little disturbed about the scenery and I lost intrest very quickley.
Teen, 14 years old Written byepicpersonofepicness September 10, 2012
LEARNING

the plot is to die for!

Heck, i couldn't get past the first boss, but i love love love the plot! It is so unique and intriguing that you'll want to get the graphic novel just to hear it again! cant wait for the sequel!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGold_medal_champion November 28, 2011

cool

cool
Kid, 10 years old August 18, 2011

Fun and Exciting

Pretty fun game, but may be frustrating for some little kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written byClearastheSea April 27, 2011

Great!

This game puts a really fun twist on classic Disney characters. Overall its fun for young and older kids to play. My little brothers got it for Easter, and I like to play it too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 24, 2011

Depressing, But Epic

This game in my case should not be E. It contains too much violence and depressing themes. Other than that, it is a fun game that can't be turned down.
Kid, 12 years old April 24, 2011

Great game for ages 7 and up. Not little-kiddish.

A little scary and violent for kids under nine. Helps players review that whole cause-and-affect concept we all learned in third grade and how the player's choices cause the gameplay to be affected. (It makes sense when you actually play it) There are no actual weapons in the fantasy land, but Mickey does wield a paintbrush that spews the player's choice of either paint or thinner. Paint can construct various objects, and thinner erases. Squirting thinner at enemies makes them dissolve into the thinner, while if Mickey sprays enough paint, they become friendly. (This is where the "moral" of the game comes in.) Anyway, the controls are pretty simple once you get used to them, but the camera-control thing really is a PAIN IN THE NECK!!!!!!!! If you get fustrated at failing-to-respond controls, either be patient or try Monopoly. This game doesn't make you start over from the beinning when you die, you just start at the last checkpoint. (Lucky, too, because I chucked the Super Mario Bros. controller across the room!) You don't have to save, either. Also, there are confusing little firefly things that show up when you're being especially constructive or destructive. They can show you what to do or hit an enemy. (Blue befriends them, green destroys them.) Now I've practically given you an entire instruction manual, so either play it... or DON'T! PS. This is NOT a little kid's game. It's cool for teens and adults too.
Kid, 11 years old April 11, 2011

Very good

Very good game but the middle is very hard, did not even give me any instructions when I went to the magic kingdom level in this game.
Kid, 8 years old April 11, 2011

exciting adventure

It is a great game but its very tough to get everything because unlike the hubs of the game you cant go back in stuff like cartoons so its important to get all the film reels while you still can.
Kid, 12 years old March 6, 2011

Perfect for children who love disney.

I love epic mickey! Although though out it is littered with disney characters I think this remind kids about old disney movies rather than promote them. There is not really a violence problem, but there is spooky sense to the world. Mickey does "kill" monsters but he technically thins them out. The only major con I know of is that the camera is really hard to control.