All parent member reviews for Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey

Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byDogLover in DE March 14, 2011

Great for for 5 year olds

My 5 year old daughter absolutely loves this game. I actually felt it was a bit hard for new players at first. But she will play this over and over.
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byadpace December 7, 2010

One of the favorite wii games for our kids

We bought this game a couple of years ago and it is still in use, sometimes on a daily basis. Adults will find it bland and boring, but the good thing about it is that the kids can pretty much play it on their own without much help. There is nothing to worry about in terms of content with perhaps the exception that a few things might be scary to very sensitive children - but nothing more scary than anything you see in a Disney princess movie. My youngest, who is terribly sensitive, was a little scared of the bogs (the only character you really "fight" in the game) at first, but that wore off quickly once she realized they weren't really that bad and all she had to do was swing her wand for them to turn into butterflies. The character you play in the game is a little girl (who can be dressed up and accessorized by the player) and her mission is to restore color to the world. She meets the Disney princesses along the way and completes mini-games for them on her journey. At the end, you find out that you are a princess as well and you see your photo (of your avatar) with all the princesses - a delight for young girls. And, the best thing for us about this game is that both of our kids could play it together. Both characters are controlled onscreen at the same time. The controls are very easy but a nun chuck is required. Controls basically involve shaking the wii remote to activate the wand and using the knob on the nun chuck to move the character. The game isn't terribly long, but that is common for games targeted at this age group. Still, it has enough content to keep the kids entertained. And, if my daughters are representative of the whole, they don't mind playing it over and over again. So if you're looking for a game for young girls to play on their own and enjoy, I would definitely recommend this one.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byToner_ca November 13, 2009

A long-term success

Give up control of your game console because your daughters will be playing this quite a bit. My daughter got this as a gift for her 5th birthday and was immediately hooked, playing it continuously on our Wii for 4 days until she completed it. The kids don't get bored with it after they've completed it, they love going back and restarting it again and again (we're currently at 1.5+ years of continued interest in playing) . The game does allow multiple difficulty levels and also allows my two girls (now 6 & 4) to work together on the tasks or play individually.