Kid reviews for EVE Online

Fly starships and destroy enemies in online space game.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMasterLukeDude1 December 28, 2016

I think its age 12 and up because....

Although it has a bit of swearing in chat but you can avoid it by muting people or always put your chat in a group where people there don't swear.
It is a game where you destroy enemy troops and get enough money to buy ships (it includes gambling with in game money but is don't think that 18 because its not real money).

Teen, 14 years old Written byDatMoonGamer May 23, 2020

good game

It's a bit complicated and there's a lot to learn to get anywhere in the game but it's really fun and teaches some real life skills.

Some players say that you have to play for hours daily but I joined almost two months ago and I play an hour on most days and I'm doing alright.

There is swearing and adult themes but from what I've seen, most of it is in player chat
Teen, 13 years old Written byJeff45 March 17, 2020

Good game

Eve online is a massive game, and I believe that it can be really rewarding if you play the right way. You can do almost anything you want, from destroying other’s ships, to mining asteroids.
A word of caution: don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose!

Ps: you don’t need to pay the subscription
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheAnderson5 April 24, 2017

Good game, but many issues

EVE Online is a fascinating, complex, insanely fun game. It is a good game for teens, and none of
the content really bothered me when I played it. However, there is swearing throughout the tutorial and the game. Nothing that would be
"blipped" on TV, but still worthy of note. Also, there is a reference to prostitution in the game. What I saw was a small space building that was
labelled as a brothel. I did not look at the "info section" for that building. All you could do with that building is look at it and look at the info
section (And blow it up.) Also, there are numerous references to drug-running (And players can participate in it), but I feel that you can turn that around by simply not participating
in those activities, even though they can provide big profits (Provided CONCORD doesn't blow you up.) Another issue that needs addressing
are the players. They swear like sailors, and say things that, if it were part of the game, get it a harsher rating. However, they have one saving
virtue, on average. They are very new player-friendly. I have never seen the word "noob" used. Part of the game involves
piracy, betrayal, spying, and the destruction of days, months, even years of work in a short amount of time. Altogether, I was not bothered by
the content in the game, but I was certainly not comfortable having my younger siblings looking over my shoulder while I was playing.

Teen, 14 years old Written byNate2247 February 25, 2016

Good space sim

EVE Online is not an easy game. A lot of the other players will try to exploit your noobiness by scamming you for in-game currency, blowing you up in mostly-safe areas, and rob you. BUT there are also very beginner friendly players out there who will defend you, show you the ropes, ect. You can join factions and corporations with other players and wrest control of the Galaxy. There are multiple different "jobs" that you can have, from mining to pirateering to manufacturing to pvp, the list goes on and on. A lot of people complain that the moderators for the game support player versus player combat, killing, and robbing other players. This is not true. While in most cases this is part of the game, it is never "unfair" as people aren't exploiting the game or cheating in any way. It is just an accepted risk that you have to take to have fun Just keep your wits about you, and you will be (mostly) safe!

Teen, 16 years old Written byusaf2222 March 21, 2010

Patience Required

As a person who has played eve for over 6 months. I can personally tell you that EVE is a rock solid and fun multiplayer experience. However if you're going to play, I STRONGLY encourage players to join a corporation (similar to guilds in other MMORPG's). These corporations will help you get up to speed faster, and are usually friendly and understanding.

Skill training is a different animal on this game, rather than gain experience through combat or mining, instead, all training occurs over time. Therefore it's common to see a friend disappear for days or even months while a skill is training. This can actually be good because it makes it much less addicting than other games.

All-in-all, this is a fun experience that one shouldn't just pass over. Try it, you'll love it!