Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Final Fantasy X

A beautiful, engrossing action game.

Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

The Best RPG ever (tied with FF7 of course)

This game is great. The story is impeccable and you can play for hours. There is only one kissing scene that may be inappropriate for an 8 year old and there is average FF violence. The main character dad was called drunkard and that is the only drinking reference. There were only like 2 swears, but it's not very bad (they use "damnation" and "damn" only). I got very attached to the game but kids who don't like a good story wouldn't be interested.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bybugmenot December 28, 2009
I think this is the best final fantasy game I have ever played. The only thing I did not like of it, is there are some characters revealing skin, no nudity, there is mage that shows some skin around the chest, and it stops right at the end, nothing shown really close though. There also is a person who you fight towards the end of the game, she is wearing a bikini pretty much, its worse then a bikini, so you might want to watch out for that. As for language, there is just d words scattered around the game. This game gives a positive message, to stand up for yourself and do what you want to do, not what everyone else wants you to do. Best final fantasy game I ever played. I recommend this for 13 and older, no under.

Adult Written byBothnianReviews February 3, 2019

Once again i give 14 rating, comes with explanation.

Okay, this game could be played by someone as young as 11 years old - the violence is not gory at all, except maybe the appearance of aeon (sort of god that you can summon) Anima is bit "gory" as i think its depiction of suffering soul full of hate and sorrow. But yeah nothing too bad that 11 year could not play it in theory, but then again i think the story and world of final fantasy in general is leaning more towards older teens/adults, i think a kid would get way more out of this game if they played it later in life (14+) than too early. Even though the graphics are better, i feel that this is overall less gory than for example Final Fantasy 7 which had some very dark moments which Jenova facility etc, and the story in my opinion was geared for adults. If there was a FF that would be a kid friendly and still good, it would probably be this one FFX.
Adult Written byLance_Taco January 4, 2019

The best RPG I’ve ever played

Final Fantasy X boasts incredible graphics for its time, well designed characters with fulfilling arcs, an engrossing world and lore, and gameplay that is among the best in the series. Some of the themes and the nature of Spira isn’t necessarily made for children, and they likely won’t enjoy the cutscenes, or the late-game difficulty, but it is definitely worth a look to all FF fans, and RPG fans alike.

Parent of a 6 year old Written byPaul L. March 11, 2018

Good game to teach kids to read

This game shows alot of sub titles. I was surprised to see my son who doesnt like to read start reading because he liked this game. The characters are very likable. There is no sexual content. Cartoony violence is no less violent then ninja turtles and batman. My son asked a lot of questions while playing this game such as what is fayth. I had hard time understanding that Tidus was fayth’s dream but my son seem to understand it much better. He understood that Titus had to disappear because fayth would no longer dream when yu yevon was vanquished. I was vey suprised that kids so young had so much vivid imagination and can understand complex story plot.

Ease of Play
Parent of a 6 year old Written byG S. March 11, 2018

Best game ever

My son enjoyed this game. He understood the storyline very well. He liked hunting monsters and liked gathering summons. His favorite part of the game was when Yuna got her Megus sisters.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bychrrr October 10, 2009

ok for 12+

ok

Parent of a 6 and 13 year old Written bywavymouth June 26, 2009

ffX rocks!

play this. i did.
Adult Written bysweetestangel20 March 5, 2009

I thought it was pretty awesome

This is a pretty easy game if you know how to use the grid. It has awesome cutscenes that go along with the plot of the storyline. The trial puzzles do get slightly harder on into the game but then again it is understandable. Once you get the hang of it most of the monsters are pretty easy to kill. You getta slash away at monsters and cast spells on them as well.
Parent of a 11, 15, and 18+ year old Written byJulieKryger1970 January 5, 2009
Adult Written bya_rayment April 9, 2008

The Best Final Fantasy game since Final Fantasy VII!

Take my word for this! This is an exceptional Final Fantasy although it is the most intense game I have played if you are not counting Xenosaga I and II. The violence is VERY strong in this game although there is no blood except in 2 scenes and the rest of the game is bloodless violence. The language is not an issue although the word damn and hell is used somewhat frequently. There are some sexual scenes but nothing stronger than 7+ for that. The story is very, very intense. It may be extremely upsetting for people under 15 and then ending is VERY!!!!!!!!!!!! sad. Basically, 14+ for the content and 16+ for the story unless you can handle intense, sad, and actually quite frightening! SPOILERS Later in the game, you see the main enemy send a hole right through the centre of the Earth, and sends a HUGE tidal wive at 7+ people. Then a * shape comes out of the hole he made and sends major eruptions of flame come out of the Earth and wrap around the world. People from villages watch and screm as the 1,000,000,000,000,000 lbs+ creature falls from the sky and lands on the ground causing a 10 richter scale Earthquake. That is the most frightening scene in the game!
Adult Written bybahamutt99 April 9, 2008