Parent reviews for Fortnite

Battle it out or use strategy in fantastic action game.

Adult Written bylandsurveyort January 31, 2018

I think reviews are gamed by teens.

This game has become all the talk amongst teen boys. But their conversations are concerning. Discussion typically revolve around favorite weapons (assault rifles, shotguns, revolvers, etc) and how exciting it is to get a "headshot". These discussions amongst peers are very disturbing.

The idea that the point of the game is to "survive" is marketing/kids conning their parents about the non-violence of this game. To survive, you are responsible for killing all the other players -- or having all the other players kill one another. This is worse than that story, "The Most Dangerous Game" where the protagonist is being hunted.

The fact that it is player vs. player gun violence is reason to think strongly about banning this game from your home.

Parent of a 14-year-old Written byPaula P. February 17, 2018

Way to start the desensitization

I watched my son walk around with assalt rifles and just shoot at anyone he saw and he had to kill them or they killed him
WTH???
How is that good for a kid?
I’d rather see Sex than that
Sorry but Americans have it all wrong

Parent Written bySheila m. March 6, 2018

DON'T LET YOUR KIDS PLAY THIS GAME

when I let my kids get this horrific game , I didn't know what I was getting them into! In this game (I am referring to the battle royal mode of this game) you are dropped onto a island with one hundred other players, at which point you must fight to the death. one issue with this is that it seems to be emulating genocide to an extent. your goal is to kill other players, many of whom's avatars are minorities. another issue with this game is the sexual content. the players avatars are often shown wearing clothing that covers up very little of them, which I find quite inappropriate for my little kids. finally, this game encourages your kids to spend money on it. there are many cosmetic micro-transactions that the game will push on your kids. in conclusion, this game is extremely inappropriate, and I would not recommend it to anyone. P.S., I found a one hundred and fifty dollar version of this game, which I find to be outrageous.

Parent Written byOn Angels W. April 7, 2018

Its a Good Game But Needs Moderating By The Parent

I am A Parent and I am Also a gamer, so this will not be a biased review,

Yes the game is good, its cartoony and not too violent, This game comes from the same company who brought you unrealt tournament a game notorious for turning your opponent into red chunk pieces of meat and scattering them all over the map,

They have done well to appeal to an age bracket, i will say 13+ because any child younger than this is going to have a serious rage complex,

To parents, if you dont want to suffer in the future moderate your childs time on the game, Also do some research into making their profile private and also into blocking voice communications if you are afraid of grooming, do not be nieve over this, there is swearing from the voice comms, dont be an idiot, research into protecting your child online, moderate their time on the game, dont use it as a baby sitter.

Do not let your kid rob your bank account for skins on the game its not worth it and they can be earned through loot boxes.

Adult Written byJupiterpete November 25, 2018

Addictive with many in game purchase lures

I would agree with others about the age range - 13-14+ is right in my opinion. The violence is less of an issue for than the constant in-app purchase lures the game uses to suck money out of kids (let’s face it, most of the players are kids). My sons are both showing signs of addiction to it, willing to forgo many other previously enjoyed activities in order to play. They will beg and plead for money for skins (new outfits) that don’t give any play benefits other than being cool with their friends.

The social aspects are the only redeeming feature as my sons do have fun chats with their friends while playing. But the overall “cost” makes me rue the day we let this into our house. We are now strategizing how to get rid of it. My advice, don’t let it in your house. My kids have basically stopped playing all their other games.

Also, the specialization of female characters should have no place in a modern game and certainly not one being played by teens and preteens. You’d think the game designers would grow up and see the society we live in now...

Adult Written byD P. April 1, 2018

Ridiculous

It's funny how people are so quick to condemn games that involve guns because it's apparently inappropriate for children yet you encourage them to choose what sex they want to be before they're even old enough to know what the hell is going on! Worry less about what YOU want your child to be or how YOU want them to act and focus more on what is RIGHT for them. Let them have fun! Teach them right from wrong and stop relying on society to do it for you and your problem is solved. My son has played games like halo and titanfall since he was 2. That's right he started at 2. And he is the kindest most considerate kid I have ever met. Why is that you ask? Because I teach him what is right and wrong. Maybe you guys should try that sometime... unless of course your too busy to properly raise your own childeren.
Adult Written byAnnabaker1974 September 29, 2018

This game must be BANNED in US

The young minds are learning all about weapons, attacking and killing at this tender age. How come US Government is letting its young generation watching all this stuff after going through so many school shootings recently. I do not understand that. Its destroying young kids and making them mentally sick. Please DO NOT BUY this game or any Game or toy that teaching them destruction or violence.

Adult Written bySteery July 30, 2018

Highly addictive and BIG distraction

Needs strict management and rules about how much gametime they get. The game has begun to affect school marks and interest in sport. We have kids who play footy and used to live for it. Now they can't wait to finish the game and get home to play each other online. Maths dropping from A to C and he cares more about the next skin. Where the best birthday present used to be a new cricket bat, now its gaming cards.
Adult Written byCarmen A May 15, 2020

Read this review, the game has two different parts, one that is not mention on this website

This game has two different parts, one called save the world, where the world has been overrun by zombies, and you must forge weapons and save the world from the storm. This part has mild violence (shooting a purple stormy like creature, with no blood or gore). It has very little and mild language like every 6-12 hours of gameplay you may hear he-- or da--, but that is it. And now for the battle royale experience. In fortnite battle royale you will join an online battle fighting by yourself in solos, with a partner in duos, and with a squad in squads. You will only hear people who are on your team but you will fight real people. This part has no language, no blood, and characters fade fade into blue particle when eliminated, this part of the game has no drugs and doesn't even say the word kill. You must jump off the battle bus and hunt for weapons to fight for yourself, you must also gather materials to build a base or just protect yourself. A deadly storm will come around forcing all players to move closer together, the goal is to be the last player standing. The game has very cartoony graphics so that is not a concern. But in a squad or duo game, you can talk to online people who are in your squad (optionally). So there you have it, the game is pretty okay overall but to get save the world you must pay, but the battle royale is 100% free other than the cosmetics that improve your characters looks. But this has been an issue with parents for a while, because kids never want to get off of the game and always want to spend money, so I recommend this game but monitor your kids.

Adult Written byStephanie M May 29, 2018

Violence! Guns! Desentizing our youth to Kill

Free to download but will cost you once your child is addicted to the game. Cost for expansions and add- ons! Quote from a 10 year old! "I haven't had a KILL yet". Not the dialogue a child should know or think about! Shooting with weapons, handguns, assault rifles. Epic Games made $300 million April 2018 Billion $$ industry exploiting the passive minds of our children. Beware!~ Research and watch it first. How about a game on how to survive at school! Do your homework and practice your reading and math skills!

Adult Written byAllen H. May 13, 2018

Bad game its turned into h1z1 they do not care about there game so dont bother playing this game

The game is to easy and caters to a casual gamer some one who dose not play game all day for 18 hours a day to be good at a game and they will never fix the game......
Adult Written byDavid K. May 10, 2018

This game is very popular, but not good at all

As more of a kid myself viewing others around me (including myself) playing this game, I think it's absolute garbage. It's addicting for kids, very frustrating, and encourages kids to interact in the spending of online currency on stupid things. Throughout my experience both watching others play and playing it myself, this is nothing new and offers nothing new, and doesn't bring anything new to the table. Listen, it's not influencing violence or sex or drugs but this is really a let down experience for any kids. It's free, and that's probably the biggest draw but I know multiple people who have spent like, a hundred bucks on this game without parental supervision. It's crap. If you really want a younger kid to have a positive video game experience, pick up an original Wii, get some game such as Punch Out, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Mario Bros Wii, Wii Sports Resort, Boom Blox, Monkey Ball Super, or any other collection of Wii games, get two controllers and sit down with your kids and play. It's social, it's fun, it uses motion, there are no guns, local multiplayer and will only cost you like seventy bucks, instead of buying stupid ascetics for a bland, uninspired game, with no visual pop or style. If your kid wants more of a mature challenge, get them Cuphead, Hyper-Light Drifter or any other games that are challenging, frustrating, but stylized and enjoyable for the eyes. Anyway, thank you for your time if you probably didn't read this whole thing and helped you to make a positive video game experience. P.S even though I very much dislike this game if you like it I understand and if you do let your kid or friend give it a try, but once an addiction starts to develop, PLEASE, get them away from this game. Okay, peace.

Parent Written byThEb00b0ob0os October 21, 2018

Fortnite is boring

I think it is too boring. It is so much fun in the beginning but after a while it is pathetic(I used to play). There is a new season coming out... oooooh(sarcasm). Yes it is fun, but after a week you're like still the same thing, whoopdeedoo. And then you have to pay for skins. Really fortnite. Dumb, just dumb!

Adult Written by[email protected] October 14, 2018

Bullying other kids

I think this game is another way for kids to bully others kids who is trying to fit in I had to block some of the kids who was playing because they were cursing him out and threatening him and his family also curse me out on the mic as well I think it needs to be I think the whole mic should be disabled.

Adult Written bytieran June 19, 2018

Why take away a good thing?

Its not as fun without the 50v50. I dont even wanna play anymore lol
Adult Written byG S. March 6, 2018

Worrying how can change children’s behavior

Ridiculously addictive, children who play become rude and obnoxious.. feel like it controls children. My son very academic and the hold over him it has is worrying. DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY!!!! Most parents from children’s schools and football agree!!!!

Adult Written bydanny_1234 May 6, 2020

Kids need to chill

This game is pretty fun I play it myself sometimes. Now the main problem I have with this game that kids can get addicted with this game and make them aggressive. When a kids neamate die, they can become very mad this can cause a bad future. That's why only 9 and up should play this game no lower. Also there is a game chat feature that almost everyone uses so you if you don't want to be exposed to language and stuff like that, turn it off in settings. There is a little bit of too much body shown on some of the skins, but over all no sex. This game can also help you learn about teammate skills if your kid is mature enough. There is a little bit of violence, but the game is carton mostly. There income items that grant to competitive advantage and do not make you better or win in torments are expensive and kids can easily use your credit cars to buy skins and items. Also if your kid says he /she can win 1,000,000 dollars buy doing this tournament, (they hypothetically could) but it is very hard and against professional gamers.

Adult Written byKesha_bgy027 September 17, 2019

Dislike this game

I don’t like this game. My little brother was so good in basketball and was working to get a scholarship to go to college but ever sense this game came out, he quit basketball. All he does is play this game everyday and plays all night. He gets lack of sleep and failing all his classes. He quit his club basketball team which my mom paid for and her money just went down the drain. Now my little brother just thinks about is playing this game. He doesn’t get out of his room because by of this game. I want my little brother back who thinks about school and sports. Not this stupid fortnite game!! This game ruined my little brother future.
I miss traveling on weekends just to watch him play in tournaments or even playing with him. I miss the good times with my brother now I just get a brother who doesn’t want to do anything but play this game.
Adult Written byEpic_Mom_life March 27, 2019

18+ DONT LET YOUR CHILD TOUCH THIS GAME

I have a 12 year old kid named Timmy. Timmy had good grades and stuck to playing non-violent games like Lego duplo trains!

One day I was at game stop with him to get him a new Lego game when he saw "Fortnite" he convinced me to buy it. I saw a gun but that was fine I quick read one review online and checked the raiting and it seemed fine. Later at home Timmy was really enjoying the game but a week later he STOLE MY CREDIT CARD I was very ashamed, HE HAS NEVER EVER DONE THIS UNTIL FORTNITE CAM ALONG. I grounded Timmy and he was back on in a week. He got some Monster energy drink from his buddy John and spent all day playing Fornite. His eyes were bloodshot and he was tired. Timmy's grades were significantly going down. I took away the game and he tried to grab a knife and kill me. I snached it and sent him upstairs. He is slowly recovering from his FORTNITE experiance. Don't let your kids see this game. Its probably too late though.

Adult Written by1337 June 24, 2018

Don't care what others say.

People saying that "These reviews are planted by children" should step up their game, if you don't want your child to play a game then don't let them.