Parent reviews for Fortnite

Battle it out or use strategy in fantastic action game.

Parent Written byTaegan Brown B. January 6, 2018

Almost fine

I think that the game is for young kids just because the violence is very cartoony. I'd recommend not getting it if you think guns are bad but that's it.
Adult Written bylandsurveyort January 31, 2018

I think reviews are gamed by teens.

This game has become all the talk amongst teen boys. But their conversations are concerning. Discussion typically revolve around favorite weapons (assault rifles, shotguns, revolvers, etc) and how exciting it is to get a "headshot". These discussions amongst peers are very disturbing. The idea that the point of the game is to "survive" is marketing/kids conning their parents about the non-violence of this game. To survive, you are responsible for killing all the other players -- or having all the other players kill one another. This is worse than that story, "The Most Dangerous Game" where the protagonist is being hunted. The fact that it is player vs. player gun violence is reason to think strongly about banning this game from your home.

Adult Written byMason M. November 10, 2017

It’s a pretty good game not to much to be concerned about, only guns no blood or knifes. 5 stars.

Adult Written byHayden C. January 19, 2018

Not real guns and not real people

PARENTS NEED TO KNOW THAT FORTNITE IS A STRATEGIC GAME IN WHICH YOU TRY TO STAY ALIVE... YES THERE ARE GUNS BUT THERE IS NO GORE AND ITS A CARTOON GAME.

Parent Written bySteve M. February 13, 2018

Harmless fun

It’s a game that does have guns and grenades etc but done in a very cartoonish style with no blood or gore. Building and strategy elements are great and bottom line it’s fun and funny. Just make sure to turn off chat and it’s perfect.

Parent Written byCher A. March 4, 2018

People Wonder Why Children Are Bringing Guns to School

This game is teaching children how to shoot other humans with assault rifles. It is thinly veiled as being “ok” because the killing is animated? Not for my kids.

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byJane P. March 2, 2018

Exceptionally Violent Kill Game - NOT for kids!

Parents, you must sit with your child and view the game. You cannot rely on the majority of planted positive reviews on this site, the bulk of which have been submitted by children posing as Adults. This is a KILL GAME with handguns, rifles, automatic weapons/machine guns, hachets, knives, swords, shoulder mount ballistic missile launchers ALL used by game play characters for the purpose of KILLING other characters. Shoot to kill. It's obscene.

Adult Written bysamellenwood March 2, 2018

Shot in the head!

Fine, there is no gore, but you can shoot someone in the head. While we are struggling to regulate guns, why would we encourage kids as young as 8 to play games like this?

Adult Written byDark F. September 29, 2017

Amazing ×9000

Parent of a 13 year old Written byLisa B. March 3, 2018

This is THE game played by 13/14 yr old boys at my kid's school

So this is supposedly the game the tweens and teens are all flocking to right now. I read the other reviews -- harmless fun, cartoonish graphics, great strategy. That might all be true, but parents should know that many of your kids are up all night playing this game. All night, even on school nights. I believe they are doing real time chat via Discord when playing, which is likely how my kid knows his peers were up all night. It's mostly kids who have computers in their rooms and few screen time limitations.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byArvin T. February 20, 2018

Great game no inappropriate content

This game is family friendly and fun. At first I was hesitant to let my son play this game but now I realize it is completely harmless. The game is a bit complicated but is relatively simple once you get hang of the controls for building and playing. The only reason I say this should be 8 and up is the mild cartoon violence and the difficulty of play. The skills needed to succeed in this game is accuracy, quick thinking, and the ability to accept defeat.

Adult Written byAlan Y. February 28, 2018

Fortnite

After spending hours playing in Fortnite’s free to play battle royale mode, I realized this cartoonish type game has a very interesting design to it. As you explore this unique map, you can see bright green grass and unique characters from dark knights, angry gingerbread men, and happy elves fighting against each other trying to get to victory royale. While on your way trying to survive, to get to victory royale, you may also encounter lots of old bases from people fighting and lots of loot from people that died. Fortnite is a game that people who loves PVP(Player Vs Player) type games would really enjoy playing, and best of all it is free to play. Since Fortnite’s launch in 2011, it has had lots of mixed review, but the game has gotten much better in design and gameplay. A website known as Metacritic gave this game a rating of 74%. Most of the critics think that the free to play aspect of this game is the most interesting part of Fortnite. For people that don’t make a lot of money, this game offers a free to play mode battle royale. As a gamer myself, I have spent lots of money on video games that cost from $60 to $70 depending on what game it is. Based on Fortnite’s free to play battle royale mode, I would rate this game 90 out of 100. Fortnite makes you have a big adrenaline rush when you and someone who is really skilled like the black knight is up against each other to progress to the victory royale. Lots of things are going through your mind as you figure out a way to defeat him. You could take him out with stealth or you can rush and take him out with a rocket launcher or a shotgun. Fortnite has lots of action, and there are many things it offers you to make your gaming experience worthwhile, and really interesting. Another fun aspect about Fortnite is that it allows you to build, unlike other battle royale games like H1Z1 and PUBG. Fortnite’s building feature offers many things that you are able to do like building bases, bridges, stairs, also using it’s building feature to rush another team or player. This cartoonish game like this can be played by anyone of any age, also many parents likes this game because it’s not graphic like all of the other battle royale games are. Some people might think this game is not as good as everyone else thinks, but this game offers many things like a free mode battle royale that is really fun to play,06 so I would highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys battle royale games.

Adult Written byhavards January 27, 2018
Adult Written byoggy r. November 28, 2017

amzing game

its not that violent

Parent of a 14 year old Written byPaula P. February 17, 2018

Way to start the desensitization

I watched my son walk around with assalt rifles and just shoot at anyone he saw and he had to kill them or they killed him WTH??? How is that good for a kid? I’d rather see Sex than that Sorry but Americans have it all wrong

Parent Written byElizabeth G. February 7, 2018

The goal of this game is killing people

For parents who are wondering about this game, I suggest watching one of the gameplay videos posted on Youtube. Yes, the visuals are cartoonish. But I fail to understand why cartoonish drawing makes makes a game OK when its whole point is to shoot and kill people. Would it be OK if cartoonish figures raped and tortured people, too? In my view, there is no age at which this game is appropriate. It is also likely to serve as a gateway game for even more violent shooter games.

Adult Written byJohn Paul K. March 29, 2018

Tough one for younger kids

This game doesn’t have blood or gore, violence is cartoonish, where I struggle is if I want my son zooming in on the head of a human looking character with a sniper rifle hundreds of times a day and picking him off. Doesn’t that have to have some impact? Maybe I’m just naive. It’s a very fun game, well built, would much rather have my kids playing this than most other shooting games, but for the reason mentioned above decided to take it off our systems. Got sick of hearing my 9 and 11 year olds say things around the house like did you see me kill that guy with the sniper rifle in the head, granted sometimes they say the same things with nerdf battles but the language has become far more descriptive than before.

Adult Written byMa4 March 20, 2018

Dangerously addictive like cocaine

This particular Battle Royale style of game is so addictive that most players can’t seem to stop. Fortnite hooks the player and won’t let go. Our son started secretly playing all night and his “real” life crumbled. The resulting deception is horrible. Don’t let your child or teen on this game. It is as good as introducing them to drugs.
Adult Written byfruity b. February 13, 2018

dangerous

this game is super addictive, i have started choosing fortnite before school, i can't control myself anymore. it's like some sort of drug. every time i get back from school i play this game. it has come to a level where my parents are worried about me. i don't know what i am gonna do.
Adult Written bygary w. February 3, 2018

Fortnite Review

The game, though free will charge you up to $20 for a single cosmetic. If you want any sort of progression you will need to pay $10-$20 per season. The game contains few game breaking bugs but the developers continuously attempt to fix. I would recommend this game to anyone that doesn't care about their characters appearance or in-game rewards. The game in a whole is only worth $10