Parent reviews for Fortnite

Battle it out or use strategy in fantastic action game.

Adult Written byMason M. November 10, 2017

It’s a pretty good game not to much to be concerned about, only guns no blood or knifes. 5 stars.

Parent Written bySteve M. February 13, 2018

Harmless fun

It’s a game that does have guns and grenades etc but done in a very cartoonish style with no blood or gore. Building and strategy elements are great and bottom line it’s fun and funny. Just make sure to turn off chat and it’s perfect.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byArvin T. February 20, 2018

Great game no inappropriate content

This game is family friendly and fun. At first I was hesitant to let my son play this game but now I realize it is completely harmless. The game is a bit complicated but is relatively simple once you get hang of the controls for building and playing. The only reason I say this should be 8 and up is the mild cartoon violence and the difficulty of play. The skills needed to succeed in this game is accuracy, quick thinking, and the ability to accept defeat.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byJ. B. March 3, 2018

This is THE game played by 13/14 yr old boys at my kid's school

So this is supposedly the game the tweens and teens are all flocking to right now. I read the other reviews -- harmless fun, cartoonish graphics, great strategy. That might all be true, but parents should know that many of your kids are up all night playing this game. All night, even on school nights. I believe they are doing real time chat via Discord when playing, which is likely how my kid knows his peers were up all night. It's mostly kids who have computers in their rooms and few screen time limitations.
Adult Written byAlan Y. February 28, 2018

Fortnite

After spending hours playing in Fortnite’s free to play battle royale mode, I realized this cartoonish type game has a very interesting design to it. As you explore this unique map, you can see bright green grass and unique characters from dark knights, angry gingerbread men, and happy elves fighting against each other trying to get to victory royale. While on your way trying to survive, to get to victory royale, you may also encounter lots of old bases from people fighting and lots of loot from people that died. Fortnite is a game that people who loves PVP(Player Vs Player) type games would really enjoy playing, and best of all it is free to play. Since Fortnite’s launch in 2011, it has had lots of mixed review, but the game has gotten much better in design and gameplay. A website known as Metacritic gave this game a rating of 74%. Most of the critics think that the free to play aspect of this game is the most interesting part of Fortnite. For people that don’t make a lot of money, this game offers a free to play mode battle royale. As a gamer myself, I have spent lots of money on video games that cost from $60 to $70 depending on what game it is. Based on Fortnite’s free to play battle royale mode, I would rate this game 90 out of 100. Fortnite makes you have a big adrenaline rush when you and someone who is really skilled like the black knight is up against each other to progress to the victory royale. Lots of things are going through your mind as you figure out a way to defeat him. You could take him out with stealth or you can rush and take him out with a rocket launcher or a shotgun. Fortnite has lots of action, and there are many things it offers you to make your gaming experience worthwhile, and really interesting. Another fun aspect about Fortnite is that it allows you to build, unlike other battle royale games like H1Z1 and PUBG. Fortnite’s building feature offers many things that you are able to do like building bases, bridges, stairs, also using it’s building feature to rush another team or player. This cartoonish game like this can be played by anyone of any age, also many parents likes this game because it’s not graphic like all of the other battle royale games are. Some people might think this game is not as good as everyone else thinks, but this game offers many things like a free mode battle royale that is really fun to play,06 so I would highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys battle royale games.

Adult Written byhavards January 27, 2018
Adult Written byoggy r. November 28, 2017

amzing game

its not that violent

Adult Written bygary w. February 3, 2018

Fortnite Review

The game, though free will charge you up to $20 for a single cosmetic. If you want any sort of progression you will need to pay $10-$20 per season. The game contains few game breaking bugs but the developers continuously attempt to fix. I would recommend this game to anyone that doesn't care about their characters appearance or in-game rewards. The game in a whole is only worth $10

Adult Written byyaboiib February 2, 2018

Good game

This game is okay for kids 10+ that is no blood just guns, that's okay I suppose

Adult Written byfruity b. February 13, 2018

dangerous

this game is super addictive, i have started choosing fortnite before school, i can't control myself anymore. it's like some sort of drug. every time i get back from school i play this game. it has come to a level where my parents are worried about me. i don't know what i am gonna do.
Adult Written byJumpScareKitty D. February 18, 2018

Age restriction for this game is key to its communities growth

This game rely's 66% on communication which is extremely difficult to do with someone who is under 16 years of age not to mention the whole game being about killing. Long story short this game simply shouldnt be played by anyone under 16 let alone 8-9 years old as some people are saying.

Adult Written byCedric I. February 9, 2018
Adult Written byG S. March 6, 2018

Worrying how can change children’s behavior

Ridiculously addictive, children who play become rude and obnoxious.. feel like it controls children. My son very academic and the hold over him it has is worrying. DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY!!!! Most parents from children’s schools and football agree!!!!

Adult Written byJohn Paul K. March 29, 2018

Tough one for younger kids

This game doesn’t have blood or gore, violence is cartoonish, where I struggle is if I want my son zooming in on the head of a human looking character with a sniper rifle hundreds of times a day and picking him off. Doesn’t that have to have some impact? Maybe I’m just naive. It’s a very fun game, well built, would much rather have my kids playing this than most other shooting games, but for the reason mentioned above decided to take it off our systems. Got sick of hearing my 9 and 11 year olds say things around the house like did you see me kill that guy with the sniper rifle in the head, granted sometimes they say the same things with nerdf battles but the language has become far more descriptive than before.

Parent of a 10 year old Written byThor J. February 24, 2018

A very good game, nothing to worry about

This is a fun and exciting game without blood, knives or anything scary. I have no worryes about my 10yearold playing it.

Adult Written byTravis P. October 26, 2017

Fortnite troubles

Game is extremely laggy even for a beta. A simple 5 gb update takes forever when other games it takes me seconds. On top of that the game keeps uninstalling itself every time it’s about done downloading. Shouldn’t come out with the game if it barely works
Adult Written byMaxime H. March 6, 2018

There is no violence!

I don’t care what other people think. I think that this game is as harmless as Minecraft. It has very little violence and most of the game is collecting resources and building teamwork and how to work together. I don’t care what people think this game is fine.
Parent of a 16 year old Written byCharlie C. February 22, 2018

Review about fortnite

I think fortnite is an alright game because you can disable chat and can still play it is not blood or rude unlike other games such as gta and also has some learning such as collecting stone and wood to build and etc

Privacy & Safety
Parent Written byJem P. April 11, 2018

Psychological concern as a psychologist

For those who think this game is OK for the children under 13, I'm very concerned about the parents' thoughts as a psychologist. I prescreened this game for my boy who's turning 12 because many are already playing since 10 years old and continually asking my boy to join them on line. / I wonder if the parents who said this game is OK for any child under 13 actually watched the entire game with the child in order to see what it's about. / This game's whole purpose is "to find and kill" the others who're trying to LIVE. All of them are using the characters as their avatars which look exactly like human beings and all of them try so hard not to get killed. Though it's not bloody, it's the psychological concept that we, as parents must be concerned about. / 1. These are REAL people who're playing through the Avatars and they WANT TO LIVE. They try everything to survive, therefore, they hide, they fight, and they conceal themselves with their friends. Your child hunt these people down and open the door, dig the bushes to KILL. They're not a fake CPU playing or imaginary images like monsters or ghosts. These are actual people playing in real time with your child. Having NO feeling to shoot these people and slashing them with axes shouldn't be OK to your child, however, the parents say it's OK. Am I the only one concerned about this psychological aspect? 2. They kill you right in front of your face like 1 inch away you. Being killed after trying so hard to get away/hide, your child gets VERY angry. Who wouldn't?? It teaches the child to be bitter and resentful toward other people and the anger drives the child to play more and more, remembering the ID number of the opponent, so that they can kill the person next time. Is this really what we want to teach our children? Revenge and resentment? 3. Whoever made this game using the idea of being angry and resentful towards others who killed them, therefore the users will continually play has unhealthy, greedy drive and has NO concern for our children. They just want to make money using the psychological aspect, which is sickening and ill for our children./ Please think about the concept, not just the animated graphics that are meant to fool you, so that you'll let your child play. We're the parents who must protect our children from this kind of unhealthy psychological game.

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byAmy S. March 22, 2018

Survival stress

My son is 8, loves Fortnite and plays with his friends, even when they're not together which he loves. We reviewed it first, thought it looked alright. Somewhat like Halo or Overwatch but more fun. What we found, though, was he really gets amped up and the game was actually causing him stress. Apparently the fight or flight you feel in real life situations can feel the same in gaming situations. The problem is "coming down" which, for him, has been a real struggle. He's a very calm, mild mannered kid, active in sports, good in school, nice kid but this has just be a little too much survival for his maturity level. We finally uninstalled it. We're hoping to get it back but not until he matures some. Even setting limits of 30 minutes was producing the same result as playing an hour or playing in smaller increments.