Kid reviews for Fossil Fighters

Pokemon-ish RPG substitutes fighting dinos for monsters.

Teen, 15 years old Written byLerion June 3, 2020

This was my absolute favorite game growing up!

Fossil Fighters is a game I will always come back to with fond memories. I played this game for years, beat it several times, and still love playing it! (And I haven't even finished everything in the game)

The storyline is great, the dialogue is cute and funny, and the gameplay is fun as well. It's pretty simple, you have your sonar and your pick, and you hunt for fossils to revive and turn into a wide variety of dinosaurs to build a great fighting team.

People like to compare it to Pokemon, and I agree they are quite similar, but honestly, Fossil Fighters has always been more addicting to me. The graphics, of course, aren't the greatest, but it's charming, ya know? Plus, I actually like the fighting more in Fossil Fighters. They usually don't take half as long as the ones in Pokemon, which is a relief, but they're still fun and can be totally different depending on your team and how you play the game. And there's commentary! Which is fun to read, though before long you've seen pretty much all the dialogue from that.

The game isn't too hard and isn't too easy, either. I think it's a game that anyone could enjoy!

Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2015

This is one of my favourite games i remember getting out of money I saved up for a new Pokemon game they didint have it in the store so I flung the fossil fighters game and it is still one of the best games in my opinion and the second one gives a lot more to the games would recommend this to everyone

Great for kids and adults

Teen, 13 years old Written byCYaNiTY November 6, 2014

One of my most favorite games of all time

I played this game back in 2008-2009 when it came out and Ioved it. It is a great game for kids that are obsessed with dinosaurs (like me when I was younger). The combat system is very well done, and the characters are likable. Also, you can view interesting facts about the dinosaurs such as discovery sites and "Did You Know" type facts. I've heard adults dislike Pokemon because it "promotes animal violence". This game uses dinosaurs instead of real animals, so I don't believe that would be an issue. You can also use multiple dinosaurs when fighting to give the enemy disadvantages which can promote teamwork. The only problem I have with this game is the replay value after the main storyline is completed and you have an over-powered team. The multiplayer is what one would expect from an RPG of this theme. It's exactly the same when fighting characters in singleplayer with a little bit of waiting involved. So, yeah! Highly underrated game for kids that like dinosaurs.

Kid, 1 years old September 15, 2011

fossil fighter

cool

Teen, 16 years old Written by_Volt_ November 20, 2010

Excellent for the Dino-Lover~

I tried this game just out of curiosity, and ended up loving it. I am a big fan of both monster-collecting/battling games and dinosaurs, so this game was perfect for me :P
The storyline is nothing great (not that I expected it to be), but it is certainly fun to play. The best part is finding fossil rocks and cleaning them off to see what you get, and then unlocking new areas with new fossils to find! The actual battles are simple and easy to figure out.
I'd definitely recommend this game to any kid who loves dinosaurs ^^
Teen, 13 years old Written byclownarm8 August 16, 2010

fun

fun very addictin

Kid, 12 years old July 25, 2010

Simplified pokemon

Its a really fun game, but its just like pokemon.It is much simpler, however. All the dinosaurs have the same stats at max level, you don't have to worry about all the PP junk, and who doesn't like dinosaurs? The only downside is finding fossils, rarer ones are impossible to find.
Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2010

Great game!

This is a fun game! But it is easy to beat, so it didn't take me that long to finish it. Oh, and they aren't actual dinos, but forms of them. It is educational in means of giving facts about dinosaurs. This is a great adventure game

Kid, 11 years old September 5, 2009