All teen and kid member reviews for Green Day: Rock Band

Teen, 13 years old Written bymusicluva213 July 13, 2012

Parents then chldren.

It is a great game for Green Day lovers such as my self...If your a Green Day finatic you know and recognize the lyrics and music and their political views...I think its a great game with parental guidence to help a younger child possibly understand the meanings of the songs. A few of the songs have drug references, sexual encounters such "whore, orgasm" but nothing too major, language is another thing the use of the "F" word is used a lot but you know your child and either they no it and understand it or they shouldn't listen but just be careful. I like how they express their political views through music. It shows that they don't get influenced by the fans that are liberals...Just saying..Just have parents listen to the lyrics first and get a first hand listen.
Teen, 13 years old Written by35 hockey January 3, 2011
luv it
Teen, 13 years old Written byLikeabossman December 1, 2012

Good for 10 +

Ok, so what ever the other people are saying is total bull. Green day is my favorite band! And if your kid is interested in them than get them this game! If you dont want them listening to explicit music than buy them this game allmost every word is bleeped!!!!!!! If you dont mind them just buy them a cd. Awesome game!
Teen, 15 years old Written byEvan182 June 10, 2010

Green Day Rock Band

Wow Common Sense. On the Green Day album reviews you have said that they are okay for people over 14. The uncensored albums btw. But when a censored Green Day comes along you think it's too much for kids under 15. That doesn't make sense. Anyway the game is censored from all the big ones (f*** and s***). It doesn't have too much language otherwise. It has a couple of sexual references including a use of masturbation. There are also a couple drug references. It's Rock Band. So if you like Green Day and you like Rock Band, it's a no brainer.
Kid, 10 years old July 16, 2015

sort of iffy for 9 and 10

well as you see i'm 10 and i got this game like a month ago and have played every song. they edit out words like the f word and s word but in basket case they dont edit out w***e and in longveiw the message of the song is masturbation and they say it at one part "when mastaurbation's lost it fun" and in american idiot they do edit out mindf**k but the do leave the word mind so you know whats there and they edit out f***t and the song peacemaker has one straightout refrence to s*x so if your a green day fan this is a must have
Kid, 11 years old January 15, 2012

Great for kids

This game is fun if you love green day! There is f*** and s***, and other language, but they bleep most of it out. (Horseshoes and hand grenades is the best song!!!!)
Kid, 10 years old December 5, 2014

language and other references are a bit bad

some words are blanked out like the f word (both types) but they don't block out some words like re**rd,ba**ard and son of a b**ch plus it does make references to cigarets, 'mary jane' and c*cane (which can lead to 2 things 1. they could be singing swears or 2. singing about drugs)
Teen, 13 years old Written byResidentEvilPotter November 27, 2011

Must Have for Green Day and Rock Band Fans

Perfect! I love this game! Censorship is annoying (especially when singing and the word is just blanked out). Any Green Day fan will love this. Best of all the Rock Band games by far.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 July 25, 2011

Just a little lesser than The Beatles: Rock Band. Still amazing, since Green Day is also one of my favorite groups ever.

My rating: T: lyrics; suggestive themes; drug reference
Kid, 12 years old January 24, 2011

no comments, just pure fun

Green day rockband is a great game! The whole family loves it, and, when we get to holiday, we all go crazy! I like the censored lyrics. When I sing those, all I get is a pause.
Teen, 16 years old Written byGreen Day 4 Ever November 21, 2010

Green Day Green Day Green Day AKA BEST BAND EVER!!!!!!!!!

its my favorite game in the whole world!!!!!! you will fall in love with it unless ur not a green day fan!!!!! i am the biggest green day fan out there!!!!!!!! <333333333
Kid, 11 years old October 2, 2010
The game and band are good, but they sing about some bad stuff, but not M rated
Teen, 16 years old Written bylowercase15 September 24, 2010

Green day Rocks.

Language is muted on some words. Violence isnt to bad just references to guns 12+ or mature children under this age
Teen, 13 years old Written byhomegirl13 June 22, 2010
sounds pretty good kids don't listen to the lyrics very much anyway!
Teen, 13 years old Written bystan101 April 28, 2012

Incredible

If your kids like Green Day then get them this.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybaesean March 25, 2012

A heavily censored Green Day at its best

Common Sense says 15+. What. The. Heck. This game has been censored SO MUCH, that I think I would let my 3 year old little cousin play it. I really do. There is some spicy language such as whore, masturbation, sex, and some other stuff, and references to drugs, but we all know that that crap will go over kids heads. Green Day is one of the most influential and thought provoking bands of us kids' time, and while I put on for 10, I think it is an okay game for kids way below that age. I just don't understand; Why not under 15 C.S.? Why? I just can't see it.
Kid, 9 years old August 10, 2010
Kid, 9 years old July 14, 2014

kid 9 years old

very fun
Teen, 14 years old Written byHajile April 26, 2011

green day rock band

great game! perfectly fine and all the f-words are edited and only a few drug/inapropriate lyrics.. all in all perfectly fine!
Kid, 12 years old January 17, 2011

15+??!! More Like 10+

This game is super fun and I'm so glad they made one just for Green Day because they're my favorite band and I practically worship them!!! Some of the language is bleeped out, but not everything so this game isn't good for kids younger than 8. Green Day is the best band in the world and they aren't always the best role models, but I'm not saying they're bad role models. Overall, great game and I would recommend it to anyone at least in third grade who likes rock music.