Kid reviews for Grounded

Grounded Poster Image

11+

I feel like 11+ is good because you literally cut apart a but which is gory and bug blood is shown. usually when you fight a bug(espacailly spiders) it is nerve wracking and sometimes when just walking from somewhere else a spider or any other bug will suddenly jumpscare you

What to Know

Good game.thinks a lot about the more skittish players, and arachnophobia mode, which will change the appearance of spiders to make them less frightening.also unless you want to play with other people you don’t have to.I just play with my friends.how ever the plot is based on how the teenagers are kidnapped an experiment on.but you only learn that very late in the story.you can also play with a creative mode. The game teaches you about the natural environments in your back yard.

This game is really fun. Read the whole review for an in-depth guide on how appropriate the game is.

Btw this is a really in-depth guide and I talk about everything a parent would be concerned about. This game is appropriate for young kids ( and can even teach them about different insects), but some bugs and spiders can be frightening to young children. As you progress the game stops being as easy for young kids and would likely bore them. If your child is not scared of bugs 8+ is fine. Regarding iffy stuff, the characters in the game will occasionally say dammit but never anything worse. There is no sexual stuff or innuendo but there are record tapes you can listen to where the scientist talks about how he was fighting with his wife because she thought he wasn't present and only worked on his experiment instead of being with his family (although you don't need to listen to them and most kids would just skip through them anyways). And for drug and alcohol reference it is implied that a drug is the reason you have been shrunk but isn't openly stated. Also, the thing you need to craft to get back to your regular size is called a "growth cocktail" for violence you craft weapons like Bows, swords, axes, hammers, and clubs out of materials like rocks and grass to parts of bugs. There is blood but it's green and it completely leaves the screen after 1 second, you can hit your friends and it's the same thing except the blood is red, and hitting your friends is useless because the game is focused on teamwork (you really never fight people) the things you do fight include Bugs, spiders, and robots. there is no consumerism. Really the iffy stuff isn't bad. And overall the game is really appropriate and really fun I played for many hours with my friends and my nine-year-old brother, And we all enjoyed it.

The only thing there really is to worry about in this game is some infrequent swearing, so far only d--n. There are also big spiders and when in combat with bugs there are big splashes of slimy goo and you can harvest parts of insects for crafting armor and tools. This game is pretty easy to play and overall I think it is ok for kids ages 10+.

Kayloo gets grounded

KAYLOO YOU ARE GROUNDED GROUNDED GROUNDED GROUNDED FOR 26789172638376 YEARS GO TO YOUR ROOM NOW. WAAAAAAAAAAAAA

before buying

really just a fun game. one reference to a gnat (tiny fly) being drunk by flying at the player, no blood, only red when you have low health. basically minecraft but more realistic and your in a backyard shrunken. spiders can be scary but they have arachnophobia mode.

Complex gameplay but overall pretty tame

With the exception of some cartoonish violence (think hitting bugs with CGI weapons, resulting in a splash of green goo), Grounded is a fairly relaxed video game. Players, shrunken to a fraction of their original size, explore the world of a newly enormous backyard fraught with bugs, spiders* and other creepy-crawlies. Apart from the aforementioned violence, which might deter the most smothering of parents, the only reason this game warrants a rating of 10+ is the complexity of the gameplay. With a wide array of materials, locations, enemies and even an elaborate (albeit as of yet incomplete) backstory, Grounded may prove a bit tricky for younger kids to follow as it involves potentially frustrating setbacks and long-term planning. However this depends entirely on the individual child--if your 8 year old can keep up with the intricacies and challenges of the game it should be no issue. Overall, Grounded is a great game that, although still in its developmental stages, has the potential to be the next great hit the likes of Minecraft and Terraria. Would most definitely recommend! *For those with arachnophobia, there is an accessibility option that renders the spiders' appearance less realistic.

Fun, but lacks polish.

Grounded is about some teens who are shrunken down to be really tiny, and then they have to survive in a garden with ants, spiders, and other dangerous insects. I think the whole concept is really cool, and Obsidian have done a great job at executing it. It's fairly formulaic in terms of the survival aspects, but the setting really makes it feel new.However, there were some bugs (pun not intended) during my playthough, albeit not game-breaking, such as enemies getting stuck in walls, hits not detecting properly or buttons just not working, and there were also frequent frame-rate drops. I suppose it's to be expected of a game that hasn't fully released yet, but it's still annoying to see. Additionally, some areas of the map aren't even finished yet! However, I’m sure all of these issues will be fixed once the game is fully released. One huge thing I really do appreciate about Grounded, however, is that it has cross-platform multiplayer. Apart from most battle royale titles, not many games have cross-play, and it was really nice to play, being on an Xbox Series X, with a friend who was on PC. Suitability-wise, Grounded should be fine for kids 10 and up. It has fantasy violence against giant insects (well, regular sized insects, but they're giant compared to you) with a very small amount of blood. I think that can be turned off in settings though. So overall, Grounded is a fun game with a great concept, but it falls victim to bugs and frame-rate drops, and, at this current stage, it hasn’t reached its full, awesome potential.

Great Game. Little scary but Fun

This game is really quite fun. Getting jump scared by spiders is no fun, but it only last a couple seconds. This game requires very little skill, and once you get geared up and get the hang of things you will be able to have some fun. Slightly gruesome when it comes to picking up dead bugs. Some weird green stuff comes out, but I wouldn't worry about it. No Blood

Its ok...

it was fine to play but got a bit boring and you just die all the time to spiders that are 3x as big as you so if you child doesn't like spiders or insects I would not recommend this game. But it is fun with friends.