All parent member reviews for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Adult Written byHoot April 9, 2008

A game which has gone down (PS2)

We all like the Harry Potter series, the first game was iffy, the second a improvment and the third amazing, if anything half-linear games are my favorite, but the fourth was different, it was completaly linear and the jinxs were especially confusiing, the list goes on and on, you have to be plain lucky to cast the right jinx, although the new card equip feture is quite good, although too much like Fred and Georges shop in the old one, the overall apperance of the creatures is amazing, they are really good, the variation of them is apsolutley amazing. Overall: Not as good as the 3rd
Adult Written byharp April 9, 2008

Not so cool

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is the worst of 5 Harry Potter games.No exploring Hogwarts.No dueling.And horrible graphics.The children could be into it if they like the game called Shrek The Third or The Chronicles of Narnia the lion the witch and the Wardrobe.In GOF players cast charms with the square button and jinxes with the X button wich is eisier than downloading to a wand or using a pad to cast a spell in the other games.The 2 most violent levels to me are The Second Task and Voldemort oh and The Forbidden Forest.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Excellent game for young fans

Although rated 10+, my 6 year old couldn't stop playing this game until he'd completed it. I loved the fact that he had to think to complete the challenges and work together with others to suceed. The scenes are much darker than the previous games, but that didn't seem to put my son off who just enjoyed being able to use his wand more. Great for Harry Potter fans!