All parent member reviews for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Parent Written byvoldamort January 17, 2013

LEARNING

bv c

Parent of a 17 year old Written byJay1127 May 10, 2011

I love it, and I would say about all ages 8+ could play this. Now I don't even like Harry Potter, but I LOVE the video game(s)!!!!
Adult Written byTommy from NY October 8, 2010

Good game for Ages 8-9+!

This game is great for many ages, because their is a bit of 'fake' violence, where people are just knocked unconscious. Also, their are positive messages. For example, Harry's friends want to go into the face of danger to help him. This is a good Harry Potter fan game.
Adult Written byAnitaBrooke July 26, 2009

Perfet for Older Kids at Heart And Harry Potter Fans

i love it its just hard to move the wand in the exact way they want you to!!!
Parent of a 23 year old Written bydesdal January 19, 2009

Adult Written bydrstfx24 April 9, 2008

this is more for a little bit more mature group and not such children.
Adult Written byharp April 9, 2008

Adult Written byEduard018 April 9, 2008

DO NOT BE CONFUSED BY INNOCENT HISTORY

Hello, I have played video games over 15 years of my 22 years of my life, and I tell you that most of the times I had saw kids influenced by games that seems to be innocent, but the reality is that they aren't. Let's take Harry Potter's saga in video games and movies. Have you ever asked yourself, if you had watched one of the movies or the games, why does they do the things they do, or why they say those strange 'MAGIC' words? Well, I believe that there is something obscure and obtuse behind that, I know of people that had summited themselves to that 'Harry potter' look like. Just thing about it for a second and you will see my point. well at least there are some really dangerous games that you can notice that are not for kids, or for anyone at all, like "Grand Thief auto", or "Need for Speed" well, the point is that I don't recommend this game to anyone, if you want to play it, well you are by your own.
Adult Written byCalimom April 9, 2008

A joy for wand-wielders everywhere

I bought this for my kids and also have played through 80% of the game myself. We've enjoyed the PC versions of Harry Potter. The big attraction with this Wii version is the ablity to actually cast spells using the remote as a wand. If your 9+ child enjoys Harry Potter, they'll love this game just for all that wand waving. Younger kids may have trouble with the coordination and the level of logic and thought that's required to complete this game. There are very few battle sequences and you "win" when the other characters fall down. No blood, no contact. Not particularly "violent" to me. There are mini-games and puzzles that kids will enjoy along the way. Because the game is non-linear, players can do as much or as little as they want. Some kids might enjoy just walking around. Now my negative thoughts. As part of the background action, students are walking around all over Hogwarts and you can hear them talking. The Slytherins are relentless in their insults. Frankly, as a mom, I get really tired of hearing voices coming out of my tv saying over and over "can he look any more stupid?" There are *lots* of these, so you might want to talk with your kids about what is and is not acceptable. The put-downs really wear me out. Another issue I have is actually a bit ironic. The game ony allows for 3 saved games at a time. So if you have more than 3 kids that want to play, one will have to wait (maybe weeks, depending on how fast your other players complete the game). I can't understand why EA would do this, except I was tempted to get another copy for our family.