Kid reviews for Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X

Focus on the beat in this bubbly, tough J-pop rhythm game.

Teen, 14 years old Written byYer Boi November 29, 2016

Innocent Enough, But Lyrics Can Be Suggestive

For my proof of my claim, let's look at the quirky medley ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qIr5DnT_kg ), and look to the second song in the medley. Gigantic OTN (P.N.S. Is another referal.) Here are the lyrics of the song. "Contrary to popular belief This is all a show, a fallacy Of sweat and X&T&C And lonely love emergencies! Emotions and attachment don’t get sucked into those Because my appeal comes from my sucking right? Just kidding, kidding, kidding, kidding! All human beings seem to like things just like this: A self-satisfied orgasmic nation Overflowing over and over! Respect the flimsy terms of service The currency, faked “I love you"s On hard level I’ll let you choose My 8-point love Valigarmanda! It’s swelling up it’s starting to get dangerous Take me to the peak come on and hurry up I’ll please you and tease you with sweet lies like "I love you” And get right inside your identi-ti-ti-ty! Don’t come to hate this dreamy boy just because I’ve gotten good at giving people what they want I will delude you and indulge in your frustration I’m going berserk, with my gigantic, ah– But don’t you look away from it okay? Hey?" While the other songs in the medley are quite innocent. (Pink Stick Love is about an elementary school crush, Childish War is basically about two rich kids fighting, and 1,2 Fanclub is about Chinese Classes) there are other sexually suggestive songs, like ; Holy Lance Explosion Boy, Sweet Devil (Medley Appearance), but there are also songs with great messages. The Lost One's Weeping (Don't let a test decide your fate) Two Faced Lovers (How teenage pregnancy can destroy your life) Sweet Devil (Don't change yourself for somebody else.) Ai Dee (It's always okay to feel sad. You can dance it off, and people will understand you.) Sharing The World (The world is full of people to meet.) This game may be a little risque, but there are some great messages too.

Ease of Play
Teen, 13 years old Written byIWon'tSayMyName November 30, 2016

Seems tame, just wait

Lots of the songs have cute and positive messages, but discretion advised for some songs such as Gigantic O.T.N., Sacred Spear Explosion Boy, Pinko Stick Luv, and Sweet Devil.

Ease of Play
Teen, 17 years old Written byRinAppend January 16, 2019

Nice rhythm game, some songs may have innapropriate lyrics or outfits.

Some costumes (sometimes called modules) for some of the Crypton VOCALOID characters may be a bit revealing to some parents (short skirts/pants on females along with some tight/revealing shirts or thigh high stockings.) Check a Project Diva module list for more specifics. Also, some songs may have inappropriate lyrics that relate to suicide, depression, sexual themes. I can't list everything here, but I highly suggest parents check out the song lists and see what each song is about lyric-wise. There are some more positive songs too, but I thought I would just get that out of the way. Other than that, there are very cute room interactions, similar to Tomogashi life. You can play mini games with certain VOCALOID characters, give them items, and decorate there room. Sometimes they dance or say random harmless phrases. The one weird thing is that you can pet character's heads, and they shake their heads until they don't want a head rub anymore. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just kind of odd considering they're human-like characters. As for edit mode, custom levels/MVs can be made. And that's about all I can say about this game. Great if you're child is a fan of VOCALOID music.