Parent reviews for Hidden Chronicles

Social hidden object/building sim with aggressive marketing.

Based on 1 review

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written byCommonSenseChristian May 7, 2015

Watch for Hidden Traps in This Game

Hidden Chronicles has since been closed, but I decided to post this review in case they ever bring it back, simply because I enjoyed the game very much and miss playing. On the positive side, there is some educational value in the game. Players are encouraged to find hidden objects, which can be beneficial for players who have visual issues or need to improve visual memory. The game's scenes take place all over the world and in a variety of locations, everything from high-end bistros to abandoned clinics, from libraries to mysterious attic rooms. There is also an intriguing murder plot and references to certain historical periods and events.

As noted in previous reviews, the game can be highly addicting and potentially encourages players to befriend strangers to progress through scenes. This is part of the reason why I rated it appropriate only for teens. The other reason is that you must spend actual money to access the game's premium currency. This could encourage financial irresponsibility and might incite the taking of credit or debit cards if the addiction is deep enough.

Parents from religious households also need to know that some plots within the game reference mystical, earth-worship-type practices. This isn't necessarily an issue for discerning teens but could be a concern. Some scenes also show non-graphic versions of blood (remember, there is a murder involved), and use mild swear words.

In general, if Hidden Chronicles ever returns, I will be glad to revisit the game. You and your teens can too, but watch for the hidden doors into dim places.

Privacy & Safety