All parent member reviews for Jurassic Park: The Game

Parent Written bysherlock1701 November 19, 2014

Clean but badly made

Well, if you let your kids watch John Wayne at eight or nine (as I did growing up), then this game is considerably less violent and bloody. I'm honestly confused as to why this is even rated T, it should be E10+. The sexuality is mild and at worst par with anything kids begin to encounter at school at this age (let's be realistic here). That said, you still shouldn't buy it. It's barely classifiable as a game, it's more like a series of QTEs (interactive video clips where you mash buttons, press a thumbstick, etc, with little to no direct control over the gameplay). I'd suggest buying the Jurassic Park movies instead. You'll get the same experience without the letdown.
Parent Written byzeontestpilot December 11, 2013

Finally, a decent Jurassic Park Game!

To start off, this reviewer is a massive Jurassic Park fan, so I am reviewing from that perspective. I also enjoy first-person shooter games a lot as well. That being said this game is a fine video game, but is not a video game in a traditional sense. Staying very true to the source material, the game plays like a interactive movie. When a choice/decision needs to be made, the player can choose what to do next. This is entertaining and can be relaxing at times, compared to a fast-paced scroller or shooter. What this game lacks in is that your choices don't really affect game-play or the story, which is quite sad. One simply wrong move (or the timing of pressing a button) can lead to your death at the hands of a dinosaur. Frustrating as it may by, who doesn't enjoy some good Dino-carnage? Its a great game, but not for everyone. It is a good change of pace form all the shooters out there though. And its better than any of the other Jurassic Park games as well.