All parent member reviews for Kerbal Space Program

Parent Written byDavidW4 September 2, 2015

Outstanding engineering as play game

Kerbal Space Program does require more oversight than some games, but this is simply because of the advanced nature of the game - rocket science! In turn, this provides kids (and parents too, I love this game!!) with an amazing opportunity to get into science and engineering in fun and approachable ways - this is crucial to learning at an early age. Bottom line, if you want to help your kids get into science and engineering, or at least provide them with a strong foundation of the scientific method (question, hypothesis, experimentation, observation, analysis, conclusion) which is so important, no matter what career path they eventually choose - KSP is a great option. Related to this - I also have to say how *disappointed* I am that CommonSenseMedia rated KSP at age 14+. Seriously?!?! And Minecraft is 8+?? That's out of whack and just plain wrong in my opinion.
Educator Written byandrew. May 19, 2015

Blam

This game is fun and awesome, but it gets addicting.
Adult Written bythomasericf December 22, 2014
Not violent at all. Fun. Educative. On of the bests. I've played more than 400 hours.
Parent Written byray_scanten82 December 13, 2014

Space exploration is for everyone!

It's actually a very awesome game, and it has nothing THAT inappropriate you mentioned all here, and no matter how old you are you still can play it!!! The fact that rocket explodes is not a violence at all, just some TECHNICAL FAILURES in construction. Also, falling out of the ship also can represent some mistakes in construction, or just taking too much risk - i.e. while getting out of the ship on EVA while in stratosphere (upper athmosphere). The game is all about exploration.
Adult Written byHyrizon January 18, 2016

I dont see were the violence is....

I have spent 20+ hours in this game and its really fun! But i dont see where the violence is... I recommend this game to all space and plane loving boys and girls.