All parent member reviews for Kinect Sesame Street TV

Parent of a 1, 3, 4, 6, 6, and 12 year old Written byResponsibleParentOf9 June 24, 2013

Terrific!

Best Xbox game ever! I went out and bought an Xbox just for this game! MY CHILDREN LOVE IT. Thank you, PBS, for creating ONE video game I can say "yes" to. HOWEVER, it may lead children to seek out more from the TV show, but that's ok, it's educational.
Parent of a 4 and 4 year old Written bymamamolly April 26, 2013

A big hit with my 4-year-olds

We recently downloaded this for my (just turned) 4-year-olds and they've really enjoyed it. It was a little less game-like than I had imagined. It's basically watching a half hour episode of sesame street, but with many interactive elements integrated into it (e.g., throwing something at the screen, jumping up and down, and their favorite element is getting to see themselves on the screen with elmo is a variety of goofy backgrounds and situations). But still, it's amazing how different that makes the viewing experience. Rather than lounging around on the sofa as they do with regular shows, they're on their feet, actively engaged the whole time. And that's a great thing in my book. The educational aspect skews more toward the lower end of the group (basic counting, recognizing letters and shapes), but the interactivity is excellent regardless of content.