Kid reviews for Knack

Knack Poster Image

SHOULD NOT BE 11+

^ |

Some scary action and some brief moments of hard to play

I enjoy playing this game! But i warn you: there are some scary action throughout the game. Also there are some hard play throughout the game-but briefly. I think everyone 10+ could play this video game. Some tough fighting, too! Also, if you there are some teamwork if you do two players.

Fun platformer, but boring story and flawed gameplay

Knack was an okay platformer, but because of its boring story and its lack of checkpoints during gameplay, the game just got held back. Violence is frequent but cartoony. You get shot by lasers. You mostly punch enemies.

Boring, repetitive and borderline unplayable due to terrible controls

This game... sweet jesus this game is SO SO SO SO B O R I N G This one's gonna be filled with ANGER. SO WHEN YOU JUMP IN KNACK INSTEAD OF DOING THIS THING THAT MOST GAMES DO WHEN YOU'RE ABLE TO MOVE AROUND IN MID-AIR KNACK JUST JUMPS AND YOU CAN'T CANCEL THE DAMN JUMP IN MID-AIR SO YA END UP DYING... SO MUCH... AND OH GOD THIS GAME IS HARD. AND NOT IN A GOOD WAY ALSO, IF KNACK GETS HIT EVEN TWICE, YOU'RE DEAD. THIS GAME IS SO UNFAIR 3/10

A stellar launch title for Sony.

Knack is a 3rd-person action-platformer made by Cerny Games and published by Sony Japan. While it fails to innovate, with the growing and shrinking not controllable, it still succeeds as an amazing game. Cerny's roots really shine here, with elements of Sonic the Hedgehog (The jump-spin-attack), other PS1-era games such as Crash Bandicoot (The hidden rooms and platforming), and surprisingly, God of War. This is present in the difficult combat. While easy to get the hang of, about halfway through the game, you will have to be good at dodging and evading attacks, as many enemies can deal one-hit kills. The game is appropriate for nearly all ages, with the only potential concern being a smartphone application used to help players in game. Younger children may not be trustworthy with a device like that. However, I did not need the app at all and I completed the game without any hassle. All things aside, Knack is fantastic and is probably the best PS4 launch game for children. Furthermore, it proves that Mark Cerny has a real KNACK for making great platformers.

This Exclusive Gives Me Doubts Of Infamous: Second Son

Because i just got my ps4 for Christmas i was really disappointed that watch dogs was delayed to march so i got a couple of other games instead and one of them was knack, but i was really regretting playing it through, it is extremely difficult and hard and you just go from A to B. The story lined is pretty simple and level structure is very linear. I was impressed with the boss battles though as well as the various types of enemies and level designs. I wont knock down the graphics as this game is intended for younger players because there are to many adult games. I like the way knack can grow but the AI purposely limits how many relics you can absorb which to me, really isn't next-gen. I did get frustrated at the way you CANNOT change the difficulty while playing the game, come on Cerny Games, i could do that in metal gear solid 2. Even though me and my friends agree that xbox one has better exclusives, the Sony games should atleast try to be good. The only good Sony games to me are quantum dreams exclusives. Come on Sony bring back the game with Infamous: Second Son!

:000000000000000000000000000000000000000